PDA

View Full Version : Full moons and womens mood

got banned
11th Aug 2006, 13:21
I used to be able to relate Mrs Got Banned's moods to her hormones, but they appear more closely related to the phase of the moon.

Latest cause of her annoyance:

Me chewing too loudly
Leaving things in the wrong place
Asking a question in the wrong manner
The dog
Suggesting a night out
Suggesting a night in
Cooking the wrong thing for tea
The kids
Breathing

Any fellow sufferers out there?

Nickoli
11th Aug 2006, 13:26
Mine has told me in the past that I am a waste of air and skin. Bloody nutcase at certain times of the month.:E :E :E

Mr Lexx
11th Aug 2006, 13:31
my wife is.....oh bugger, I forgot she is a regular around these parts......

What I was saying was, My wife is the paragon of pleasentness and love every day of the month :ouch:

lexxity
11th Aug 2006, 13:32
Considering she has to live with you, I would say she is a bloody saint and wonderful wife and mother. Now get some bloody work done.

Cheerio
11th Aug 2006, 13:40
Yes, absolutely.

I do agree there is something in that. PMT and lunar madness are two different things.

Saintsman
11th Aug 2006, 13:47
Most women have periods every 28 days.

My wife's last 28 days...

ThreadBaron
11th Aug 2006, 13:47

Mrs got banned is perfectly nice to me!:E

LOOPYGIRL
11th Aug 2006, 14:22
Hang on you guy's, take a step back & look at this from a womans eye's.:sad:

We dont change YOU DO. At certain times of the month you do breath heavier you do become more smelly & untidy you go out of your way to disagree with everything we say you seem to chew on your food louder than ever & pick at your teeth,
blame nasty smells on the flee ridden dog . cook food you know will upset our diet (even though we eat it last wk) you just know what your doing.:=

This is not a female problem

PMT'T

This is Pre Men Testical Troubles (nothing to do with us were fine ) go put your blame elswere guy's :ok:

Capn Notarious
11th Aug 2006, 14:43
This is not a female problem

You are absolutely correct.We know that most don't choose to have mood swings. That is why men may have sheds or a study to hide in.

tony draper
11th Aug 2006, 14:51
The moon is always there whether the sun is shining full face on it on it or not,only difference during what is described as full moon is the sun moon and earth are in a more or less straight line in relation to each other.
:rolleyes:

LOOPYGIRL
11th Aug 2006, 14:57
Mmmmmm the safest place to be :D

allan907
11th Aug 2006, 15:00
'Pre puberty' and 'post menopause' - the 2 nicest phrases a bloke can hear.

LOOPYGIRL
11th Aug 2006, 15:02
'Pre puberty' and 'post menopause' - the 2 nicest phrases a bloke can hear.

Very funny what about hystorectomy :rolleyes:

B Fraser
11th Aug 2006, 16:12

I would say about 50% of the population :ouch:

got banned
11th Aug 2006, 16:44
LOOPYGIRL- take on board what your saying.

Perhaps it really is a self fullfilling prophecy.

Look at tide tables (surfer) note that there's a full moon.

Act differently (defensively).

Wife notices I act differently, and so acts differently.

I become more defensive etc etc.

Drapes, I thought the (visible) full moon had something to do with the tides and such like. Remember reading somewhere that most murders are committed in the week preceeding the full moon, and this is also the time when A+E depts are most busy.

planeenglish
11th Aug 2006, 16:50
If the moon can change the tides why are we so vain to think it can't change humans?

I believe we have serious difficulty understanding that women are susceptible to emotional (due hormones and lunar changes) and the degree in which it changes us. I think some men are able to appreciate women who keep the metamorphic changes or better- their effects- to a minimum. Although guys, it is very hard, one does not realize what's happening, recognizing the signs and stiffling their chaos takes work, hard work. I am a strong believer that it is even more difficult to understand when you are in the grasp of a mood swing, be it lunar or hormonal than to change it. Cut us some slack.

Best to all,
PE

tony draper
11th Aug 2006, 16:54
Well it does but only because the moon and sun are aligned,ie the sun is pulling on one side of the earth and the moon on tother,at the time of the new moon,the sun and moon are both pulling on the same side at these times tides are higher, I think present thought is the organisms use the moons phases as a clock to trigger or regulate various monthly cycles.

planeenglish
11th Aug 2006, 16:57
Having re-read your original post got banned,

Give her chocolate and red wine. Occasionally it can be magnesium and certain B vitamin deficiencies, red wine sulfites can help too. There are some vitamins on the market that help give women the minerals and vitamins our bodies lack during these stressful moments. If mrs. got banned had these in her system before the moon and hormones begin their dirty work their effects might be minimal. Therefore, perhaps only the dog would be annoying and in the house sleeping for the night. :8

planeenglish
11th Aug 2006, 17:04
Mr. draper,
check your private messages (ironically the abbreviation for private messages is pms :} )

Best,
PE

Bluesteel705
11th Aug 2006, 17:21
Summed up in lyrical form; :D :E

http://www.filefactory.com/file/96490c/

tony draper
11th Aug 2006, 18:02
Facinating pickies Madam English,think that is only possible in the far north or south,to see the full moon and sun in the sky at the same time,one takes a propretry interest in the moon, one doesn't think one has mentioned this before but we Drapers have bits of it named after us.

flyblue
11th Aug 2006, 19:49
Occasionally it can be magnesium and certain B vitamin deficiencies, red wine sulfites can help too. There are some vitamins on the market that help give women the minerals and vitamins our bodies lack during these stressful moments.
Been taking that for years PE, but I'm still a psycho b**ch a few days a month :* (well, so says Mr Flyblue, and he's supposed to know :( )

colmac747
11th Aug 2006, 20:08
Mrs Colmac just gets pished for a few days and all is ok:ok:

(mind you, the local grocery store does run out of red wine then:( )

allan907
12th Aug 2006, 02:16
Gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "The tide's in" :E

A mate of mine once told me that it's awfully difficult for a woman to have a PMS whinge when she's got a split lip and broken teeth

oo..er I guess that sets me up for a savaging at the hands of the monstrous hordes

Rollingthunder
12th Aug 2006, 04:22
You're all wrong. The problem is they don't have enough shoes.

cavortingcheetah
12th Aug 2006, 05:25
:hmm:

In an effort to interject a little of the cultural into this debate, reference to the 'Ritual and Renewal' section of the following website might be to some intellectual purpose.

http://www.spiralgoddess.com/Astarte.html

Of course, there are those of us who find that the cycles of one provide us with the gratefully received opportunity to enjoy the rhythms of another.:E

green granite
12th Aug 2006, 06:46
Believe you not it don't change as they get older either :{

B Fraser
12th Aug 2006, 06:54
Fot three weeks a month, women like their men to be strong, witty, charming, sensitive (ha !).
For the other week, women like their men to be hung from a tree, a pair of scissors in their head, doused in petrol, set ablaze and have a cricket bat inserted :ooh:

edited for extra pain

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!
12th Aug 2006, 08:57
think that is only possible in the far north or south,to see the full moon and sun in the sky at the same timedidn't look at the pic, but wish to point out that the sun and the moon subtend approximately the same angle to an observer on the Earth. :8

I've seen 'em both when flying over Texas, can't remember if the moon was full though, but it was quite a sight.

but one ppoint...if men are supposed to 'just accept' behaivoiral changes in women because they are unasked for and the result of hormonal changes etc, then should women therefore also accept the things that men do like perhaps looking at other woman, chatting up girls young enough to be their daughter, being a miserable old git in the morning etc etc etc?

seems fair enough really.

planeenglish
12th Aug 2006, 09:13
I never said that men are supposed to 'just accept' behaivoiral changes in women because they are unasked for and the result of hormonal changes etc
I said to cut those of us some slack who are aware of these difficulties and you should understand that we are doing our best to leave the least amount of wake turbulence as possible.

then should women therefore also accept the things that men do like perhaps looking at other woman, chatting up girls young enough to be their daughter, being a miserable old git in the morning etc etc etc?
If we accept it or not doesn't really matter, you all do it anyway. It usually happens more during your male hormone induced crises. :hmm:

I am personally attracted to grumpy (and lumpy for that matter) old men. The more cantankerous the better, morning day and night. So there, :p

Love, to be successful, must be mixed with the proper amounts of respect and tolerance...on both parties' parts. :ok:

tony draper
12th Aug 2006, 09:19
The moon and sun visible in the sky at the same time is common place,the full moon and sun occures when the earth is more or less right betwixt em,so one can only see both simultaniously if one is sitting on top of the world or hanging off the bottom end.

B Fraser
12th Aug 2006, 09:25
The moon and sun visible in the sky at the same time is common place,the full moon and sun occures when the earth is more or less right betwixt em,so one can only see both simultaniously if one is sitting on top of the world or hanging off the bottom end.

or standing at any point on a great circle aligned with the day/night terminator :8 :8 :8 :8

...... now, back to why women turn into emotional basket-cases ;)

SXB
12th Aug 2006, 09:46
There is nothing you can do about this problem. Best thing to do is what I do, arrange all your business trips for the affected time period. This seems to work well for me.....

Sailor Vee
12th Aug 2006, 10:53
From PE If the moon can change the tides why are we so vain to think it can't change humans? Maybe because we're 90% water?:uhoh:

frostbite
12th Aug 2006, 12:07
I am personally attracted to grumpy (and lumpy for that matter) old men. The more cantankerous the better, morning day and night.

I think I've scored!

LOOPYGIRL
14th Aug 2006, 10:32
Gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "The tide's in" :E

A mate of mine once told me that it's awfully difficult for a woman to have a PMS whinge when she's got a split lip and broken teeth

oo..er I guess that sets me up for a savaging at the hands of the monstrous hordes

Woman have been known to commit murder at certain times of the month
you have just come top off the list congratulations :D

How carefull do all our service men become when you have female soilders armed with guns ?

Pan Pan Splash
14th Aug 2006, 10:58
Is there any logical pattern at all to womens moods?? As a certain blonde buddy of mine keeps saying.. "Random".. little does she know, she's describing womens moods perfectly!!!!!:rolleyes:

As for past crimes against the female population....

I too have committed the cardinal sin of "Breathing"...:ugh:

Women...:rolleyes: who needs 'em!!! lol

Incidentally any of you blokes heard the gag about the oral sex - giving pet otter?? The guy buys it down the pub and takes it home to his cranky wife and says "Hey hun, I bought this pet otter down at the pub, and it gives the best oral sex known to man.." His wife counters "So what do you want me to do.. cry"?? He says "No, just teach it to fry chips and then you can :mad: off"!!!!

Bonus points if you can spot whats got PPS in a foul one today!!!! :p

MagnusP
14th Aug 2006, 11:06
The moon is always there whether the sun is shining full face on it on it or not,only difference during what is described as full moon is the sun moon and earth are in a more or less straight line in relation to each other.
In full pedant mode, sun-moon-earth gives new moon. Sun-earth-moon gives full moon (or lunar eclipse). :)

got banned
14th Aug 2006, 13:38
Thanks for the advice guys (and ladies). Glad to say the phase of the offending phase has now passed, and Mrs Got Banned, is now once again cuddly and nice.

I will try the vit b thing- although the medics now advise against it, I do find that it calms things down in times of stress.

Do I take it myself, or give it Mrs GB ?:confused:

Whirlygig
14th Aug 2006, 13:51
Bonus points if you can spot whats got PPS in a foul one today!!!! :p
Time of the month dear?

Cheers

Whirls

Pan Pan Splash
14th Aug 2006, 15:22
Awww whirls, you spoilsport!!!:p

Wind - sails - gone...:rolleyes:

Just waiting on Six now to come and finish the job...:ouch:

Good joke though, you have to admit!!!

Or being topical, why does it take 3 women to change a lightbulb once a month?? Cos it f:mad: n' well does, right!

Flash0710
14th Aug 2006, 15:51
Send the Crazed Bint here......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFgQlRuHpGg

G-CPTN
14th Aug 2006, 21:35
What happened to Airship?
Did the full moon affect him?

Rainboe
14th Aug 2006, 22:25
With my first wife, I used to bid for long trips at that time to get away (from the claws). I could tell she was experiencing 'that time' just from her breath- seriously, and it wasn't because there was fire in it.

Quite interesting the theory of 28 day cycles, and why. Over thousands of generations of hunter gatherers going off hunting for woolly mammoths and dinosaurs, best hunting time was at night, and full moon to creep up on the prey. So the men would go away on their long hunting trips then. Good time when the mens away for the females to regenerate whatever it is that needs regenerating so that when they come back laden down with dinosaur meat, it's feast time and receptive females and whatever ale they've been brewing for their cavemen while away- in other words very like a current West End night out. I think it's called 'clubbing' now, and seems to have gone onto a weekly cycle. Observing the Benidorm practices, it certainly seems to be tending towards weekly, where the males return weekly. So the cycle has remained aligned with Lunar phase ever since. Could never work out why the BA pilots work bidding cycle coincided with it....must be a connection somewhere.

Wheel Nuts
16th Aug 2006, 14:11
Is there any logical pattern at all to womens moods??

In a nutshell NO!! Stay away from any woman on a full moon. Unless you like that sort of thing :E

G-CPTN
16th Aug 2006, 14:34
I worked with a guy (he was manager of another department) who was predictably unpredictable, like a rocket without a stick. As I had to get HIM to authorise his department to do work for my department, it was a challenging game to achieve results. Sometimes I would propose a solution that I knew he wouldn't agree with (so that he would adopt 'my' preferred option), whilst on other occasions I would persuade him that (my idea) was HIS idea. I REALLY enjoyed that period of my working life, as, in addition to technical considerations there were significant 'human resource' considerations.

Nardi Riviera
18th Aug 2006, 00:17
Rainboe quote:
"I could tell she was experiencing 'that time' just from her breath - seriously, and it wasn't because there was fire in it."

Have had that experience, too. Really weird. But a useful warning...

As for states of body and mind - nobody can ever imagine what others experience just by having it described in words.

Think it was Michael Jackson who quoted an old indian proverb, can't remember it now, think it was about shoes.

And - I don't believe women CHOOSE to be that way so often. Nobody sane would. Must be awful to inhabit a roller-coaster-body.

"God" did a poor job when he invented hormones - male OR female. Too much of either is definitely a curse (pun intended).

:ouch: :ugh: :rolleyes: :{

planeenglish
18th Aug 2006, 08:00
The Egyptians in ancient times sent their women (and probably the women went willingly :rolleyes: ) to spend their "week of the curse" with other women, far, far away from the men! Great system! :ok:

Where's Jerricho?

PE