PDA

View Full Version : British Airways cabin crew shoes??

sammyjayne
11th Aug 2006, 11:33
hi ya, stating with BA in oct, i get all my uniform from BA except shoes. They say they have to be black, no details, no points or stiletto's and need a small heel. Has anyone got any recommendations were to get really comfortable shoes from. searched the forums but no luck on this question. i appreiciate all help, thanks :)

Rainboe
11th Aug 2006, 11:52
BA Uniform stores sells uniform shoes. When you pick up your uniform, why not buy a pair then so you know what is required, or buy outside when you've seen what they want?

sammyjayne
11th Aug 2006, 11:55
cool didnt realise you could but them at the store, think i will do that, cheers

jennihopkins
11th Aug 2006, 11:55
i have recently seen some practical cabin and boarding shoes in tesco. reasonable price too £20 i think. dont know how comfy they are though...

apaddyinuk
11th Aug 2006, 15:43
Im a bloke so Im a bit useless at girly things BUT the Arora hotel opposite the Compass Center (BA LHR crew center) on the Bath Road has a shop which sells cabin and uniform shoes for the crew. Why not pop in there. I have heard a few of the girls complaining about the quality but heck, girls are never happy with shoes!!!

oneroam
11th Aug 2006, 16:00
If you want comfortable shoes then go M&S as you can not go wrong with their shoes. I had my cabin shoes for nearly four years, they were like slippers in the end and thats what you need - comfort not the latest style!! can not go wrong with M&S:)

apaddyinuk
12th Aug 2006, 00:34
Some of us in BA have a laugh seeing who has the most butch lesbian shoes!!! Its all about comfort!!!

WeLieInTheShadows
12th Aug 2006, 09:24
I'm guessing if your starting in OCT you'll be at LGW.

Unfortunately uniform stores at LGW do not sell shoes (god knows why it would make life much easier).

Compass do sell shoes, however you'll need to be in unifom before you go to SEP.

Apparently in the NEXT catalogue there is a lovely pair for £16.99 for everyday uniform wear. And if you have a SHOEFAYRE store near you (there is one in Crawley near where you'll be trained) they do a pair that you can wear in the cabin for £12.

Alternatively you can wear loafers with the trousers or boots. Both must be plain of course.

Hope this helps

brightonflyer
18th Aug 2006, 13:36
Try this website for shoes - only £20 and look really comfy with the choice of wide fittings - www.shoetailor.com (http://www.shoetailor.com) :ok:

sammyjayne
2nd Sep 2006, 20:16
hiya, being a typical girl fretting about what shoes to buy still!
are cabin shoes generally the big chunky square heel or can you wear shoes with the thin heel (not that they'd be ideal!)
and i take it, cabin shoes do have to have some sort of heel, no flats?

JOSHUA KO
30th Jun 2009, 13:52
Hello guys, I'm a fan of BA, I would like to collect BA crew uniform, but I'm living in Taiwan (BA doesn't fly to here) , so can anyone tell me where I can buy the uniform ? website will do. Thanks !!

Glamgirl
1st Jul 2009, 19:12
Hi there,

You will not be able to buy a BA uniform. Well, not legally anyway... There are plenty of reasons for this, security issues is one reason.

Gg

HighHeeled-FA
2nd Jul 2009, 15:51
Not just BA. I think every airline has strict rules. I know you can not even wear your own uniform to a fancy dress party

QRS
2nd Jul 2009, 17:03
They say they have to be black, no details, no points or stiletto's and need a small heel.

Just buy and wear what you like. Almost everybody else does. Also, remember not to clean them....ever, especially your cabin shoes. :eek:

CornishFlyer
2nd Jul 2009, 20:52
The initial thread is 3 years old QRS :ok:

Matux
12th May 2012, 12:02
I bought mine at www.buyskypro.com (http://www.buyskypro.com), i confess i'm really happy, great quality shoes :ok:

vctenderness
12th May 2012, 18:44
Blimey!! I thought I was in a time warp...Arora hotel opposite crew report at Compass centre!

But have just seen the date on the original posting and can now lie down for a little rest........