PDA

View Full Version : what to do when there's nothing to do

cortilla
11th Aug 2006, 11:25
Right i've been employed to be a problem solver for a logistics company. Now randomly there is absolutely nothing going wrong today. So the question is. What do i do when there are no problems to solve. Today i have no work whatsoever I'm bored

Parapunter
11th Aug 2006, 11:32
If your logistics company logistic things round England on pallets, then you could phone me up & do a deal for me to do lots of work for you. That'd mop up a few minutes.:=

cortilla
11th Aug 2006, 11:34
it is pallets, and head office is in england, and if you're cheap we prolly already use you. but unfortunately i'm stuck in holland

planeenglish
11th Aug 2006, 11:35
Change your title to problem maker :}

or just leave....:cool:

Rollingthunder
11th Aug 2006, 11:41
Engage in continuous process improvement, cost cutting, right-sizing, drivel slogan construction or as I do as an Expediter, currently, silently rage at the gormless talking heads on television. Doesn't matter what channel. Write a report.

colmac747
11th Aug 2006, 11:44
What do i do when there are no problems to solve. Today i have no work whatsoever I'm bored

Take a plug out of the socket which some important machine would use and spent the rest of the day scratching your head and phoning the boss telling him or her that the problem looks unfixable, and that you may need to work overtime to get to the core problem:E

Kolibear
11th Aug 2006, 11:52
Today i have no work whatsoever I'm bored

Thats why pprune was invented.

Parapunter
11th Aug 2006, 11:55
Ah Ha! Holland eh? I reckon I already work for the group!

cortilla
11th Aug 2006, 12:12
Parapunter,

Doubt it, very small group. the entire holland consists of me and 1 other who is now on holiday. unless i've dropped myself in it now and told one of the 10 people in head office that there's little work to do. If you do work there, skype me

Parapunter
11th Aug 2006, 12:24
To be honest, I'm only joining in because I've run out of work to do todayas well :}

On reflection, I doubt it's you lot that I work for, though I should have pretended to be a director - that could have been fun.:rolleyes:

cortilla
11th Aug 2006, 12:29
well then i know you couldn't have been in the same company, as they're all on holiday and it would have meant you were david brentesque

ceedee
11th Aug 2006, 12:39
What do i do when there are no problems to solve. Today i have no work whatsoever I'm bored
Sounds like you need to employ me!
I'm such an expert at causing problems that you'll never have a bored day again...

:O

James 1077
11th Aug 2006, 12:58
Right i've been employed to be a problem solver for a logistics company. Now randomly there is absolutely nothing going wrong today. So the question is. What do i do when there are no problems to solve. Today i have no work whatsoever I'm bored

If you can't solve the problem of not knowing what to do when all the problems are solved then you probably aren't that good at your job and just think that there are no problems to solve. Hence there are problems to solve so you can go ahead and solve them. The good thing about having problems to solve therefore means that you didn't not have any problems to solve and so the problem of not knowing what to do when there were no problems to solve never became a problem. Therefore you aren't not very good at your job.

I think.

:confused:

cortilla
11th Aug 2006, 13:10
:} :} :} :} :} :ouch: :ouch: :suspect:

docash1983
11th Aug 2006, 13:16
O well, Ive got loads to get on with. But im sooooooo bored I hate my summer job. The best advice I can give is be a student like me, that way there is always the pub for an excuse or all the other millions of things that us students use as an excuse to get out of work. Also you have the added bonus of tax dodging, which is always nice ;)

Bo Nalls
11th Aug 2006, 17:06
This little logistics problem (http://www.dachser.com/deu/service/global_player/spiel.htm)should keep you occupied for a while :uhoh:

G-CPTN
11th Aug 2006, 17:12
Take a leaf out of the Fireman's book. When you're not on a shout, you check-out your equipment and keep a clean machine. Otherwise play pool or suduko. Computer chess (strategy planning).

This little logistics problem (http://www.dachser.com/deu/service/global_player/spiel.htm)should keep you occupied for a while :uhoh:
Substituting 'Magnet' as your supplier of course (and don't forget the conveyor belt).

Krystal n chips
11th Aug 2006, 17:52
[QUOTE=G-CPTN]Take a leaf out of the Fireman's book. When you're not on a shout, you check-out your equipment and keep a clean machine. Otherwise play pool or suduko. Computer chess (strategy planning).

QUOTE]

"Keep a clean machine " er, I take it that would be what the bonzo in Manchester was doing then when he went for a spin in a tumble dryer then ? :hmm: :ugh: :ugh: ---somehow, I think chess and sudoko would be er, "beyond the intellectual capacity" of said bonzo ! :rolleyes:

tilewood
11th Aug 2006, 19:04
Today i have no work whatsoever I'm bored

So you are an employee?!

Set up your own business, work for yourself,
and you will never be bored at someone else's expense again!! :hmm:

matt_hooks
11th Aug 2006, 19:37
Why oh why did you post that link up?

Darned addictive!

Level 5 so far! :D

BombayDuck
12th Aug 2006, 04:50
I'm in the same boat - at least today's a hlaf day and I can get out and... er...

I think I'll stay back and Proon...

airship
12th Aug 2006, 14:21
Always put off doing something today which you could do tomorrow?!

tony draper
12th Aug 2006, 14:38
The ability to sit and do absolutely **** all is a rare and coverted skill, few people aquire it though they practice for many years,fortunatly one is one of the rare bods that was born with this talent.
:rolleyes: