PDA

View Full Version : Doors A321

seasick
10th Aug 2006, 12:07
When arming doors on the A321, who do the cross checking on doors 2 LR and 3 LR as there is only one CC by each door?

seasick

flybywire
10th Aug 2006, 12:19
When arming doors on the A321, who do the cross checking on doors 2 LR and 3 LR as there is only one CC by each door?
seasick

When operating on the A321 (i did for a previous airline) and when operating on minimum crew on other aircraft, cabin crew are asked to personally "double check" their doors after having placed them into automatic/manual, and not to "cross check".

However some airlines have a different procedure and require a cabin crew member to walk down to "cross check" the status of the doors manned by a single crew after having cross-checked their own. This is done to minimise the number of mistakes that lead to opening doors in automatic accidentally. Four eyes are better than two ;)

warwicks
10th Aug 2006, 12:50
Working on 757s where there is only one person at doors 1 and when minimum crew 1 person at doors 4 we would ask the person who is on their own to cross check doors via the interphone and to give the check to us:)

Gatwick07
12th Aug 2006, 08:44
I guess it depends on the airline you work for. In my airline at doors 2 and 3 we double check the doors then pass the check on to the purser.

oneroam
12th Aug 2006, 19:49
The airline which I use to work for you could tell on the 'SIDS' panel at the front at L1 that all the doors were armed. If a door was not armed then the light would not illuminate. Once again each airline has different procedures, just wish they were all the same at times!!!:)