PDA

View Full Version : BA Connect criteria

romankato
9th Aug 2006, 22:05
Does anyone know how strict the height criteria of 5'2'' to 5'10'' is at BA Connect? I would like to apply but I am 5'11''. I've left messages at the Recruitment Hotline at 0161 447 5447 but have not heard back from them to ask before applying.
Thanks.

JPjoystick
13th Aug 2006, 21:17
I don`t know about the recruiting height criteria ,but there are plenty of 6ft or more pilots in Ba Connect.

tiggerific_69
13th Aug 2006, 23:50
Difference is they are sitting down all day
I know of one crew member who previously operated on the Embraer who is close to 6ft and after a while they took him off it,and now he just operates the RJ100. There's no harm in applying anyway.Good luck!

Eddy
14th Aug 2006, 11:47
There's no harm in applying anyway.Good luck!

Indeed! Let them make up their own minds on the day.

Just keep in mind that you might suffer back pain if you have to crouch down at work. I'm just over 6' 1'' tall and when I work on the upper deck of the Jumbo, I often suffer a little because of the height of the galley ceiling. I'm lucky in that I can step in to the cabin to relieve the slight pain, but if you're stuck on a small ERJ for two hours you'll have no escape.

Give it a bash, though.

romankato
14th Aug 2006, 12:25
Thanks for the replies. I just actually spoke to someone today at BA Connect and she confirmed that I would have to be under 5'10'' to be eligible and have a letter from my doctor confirming it. Maybe I'll still send in an application anyways to see what happens.