PDA

View Full Version : Royal Family Phone tapping/bugging

9th Aug 2006, 19:45
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5258918.stm

There is a Q&A link on the page above and explains how it is done accessing voicemail messages and hacking into them.

My question is how did these reports for News of the world actually access the voicemail when it explains that you need the phone number of whoever you are tapping into to access their voicemail messages in the first place.

Begs the question where the hell did these guys get the royals (& others) phone(mobile) numbers from in the first place to access their mail??!!

Unwell_Raptor
9th Aug 2006, 20:04
Bribery.

The appalling Rebekah Wade has admitted bribing police officers for information, so why should this be different?

tilewood
9th Aug 2006, 20:07
Now why do the words 'gutter' and 'press' suddenly seem to fit together?!! :yuk:

And again, and again.... and........................!!

9th Aug 2006, 20:22
Must have come at a very high price if it was (must be) bribery giving out the royals phone numbers, but then again can't some deskjockey working accounts in any mobile network operators HQ just take numbers of by searching through clients?

green granite
9th Aug 2006, 21:02
Frankly if the stiry is true then both the reporters and their bosses should be prossecuted to the full extent of the law and the paper fined so much that it bancrupts it :mad:

Unwell_Raptor
9th Aug 2006, 22:49
The owner of the paper has just finished entertaining the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom at a corporate bash.

So forget that nonsense.

AcroChik
9th Aug 2006, 23:24
Calling FU!

This really does sound just like that marvelously evil television series, House of Cards.

Two's in
10th Aug 2006, 02:39
Is this the same voice of reason from the N of the W that led to rioting in Portsmouth and the vigilante mobs, following their "name and shame" campaign of peadophiles? That outrage was aided and abetted by "Inspector Knacker" providing the paper with the details, so don't fall off your chair when you find out who gave these reptiles the details in this case.

G-CPTN
10th Aug 2006, 02:53
I refuse to believe that there is a SINGLE corrupt Policeman in England.

frostbite
10th Aug 2006, 13:42
I refuse to believe that there is a SINGLE corrupt Policeman in England.

Why would they all be married?

10bob
10th Aug 2006, 13:58
Getting phone numbers like that is the easy bit. You would be amazed how widespread such numbers are.

I was working at a Private Bank a couple of years ago and I required access to their customer database. In the course of my work, I saw addresses and mobile phone numbers for Premiership football players, Hollywood actors, Politicians and others.

I made no note of any of them, before anyone asks me! But access to this database was quite wide and it only takes one unscrupulous person looking to make a bit of cash for these details to get out.

feet dry
10th Aug 2006, 14:13
Afternoon all,

Does seem a bit dumb this, from my extensive knowledge of intelligence/counter-intelligence (all derived from Tom Clancy books...ho ho ho), one of the first laws is to thoroughly wash your information so as not to expose the source. To report details of private messages that only the correspondents involved knew about, and could therefore identify the source of leak looks pretty amateurish even for the NotW.

Regarding the numbers, I understand some of the victims are press spokespeople etc so it is logical that their numbers would be known by many people. Same for Cabinet Ministers one expects, and it would give any journo a stiffy knowing they had the private number of a mover and shaker - influence by association one supposes?

Regards

Thankfyou very much, I am here all week....hey try the chicken

Two's in
10th Aug 2006, 18:35
:confused: Not wishing to try to be rational around JB, but it does beg the question of what kind of moron leaves a "harder, harder; faster, faster; hurt me and call me Tony", type message on anybodys voice mail! Still, when you are at the shallow end of the gene pool, don't be surprised.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!
10th Aug 2006, 18:42
I saw addresses and mobile phone numbers for Premiership football players, Hollywood actors, Politicians and others.I don't doubt it either because if I was a Premiership football player, Hollywood actor, Politician or even an other I'd have everything in my name and visible also. :rolleyes: :ugh:

Jerricho
11th Aug 2006, 03:08
"harder, harder; faster, faster; hurt me and call me Tony"

Hey, that's my voice-mail greeting!!!!