PDA

View Full Version : Staff Travel at/with BA?

cornet
9th Aug 2006, 13:23
Hi guys from BA,
can anybody please answere me the following questions?
1.) after the first 6 months after joining, can u buy unlimited ID90-tickets for BA and other airlines for yourself?
2.) Has BA good and a lot of agreements with other carriers for ID tickets.
3.)Can parents or spouse travel alone with ID tickets?
4.) how often can u take friends with u on BA and other airlines (8 times ?)
5.) do u get a confirmed ticket a year on BA flights?
thanks in advance!
cornet

spoilers yellow
9th Aug 2006, 14:08
1) yes
2)Yes, many interline agreements worldwide
3) If youre parents or partner are listed on your staff travel, they can buy as many ID90 as they want and travel without you.
4) You cant take friends with you at all unless they are listedas a travel companion, and then you have to travel with them.
You can get them slightly discounted tickets called HOTLINE, not a great deal though.
5) if you are flight crew you get a free club confirmed ticket each year, after 7 you get another free sby with first entitlement. If your're cabin crew you get a free sby ticket after 7 years.

Mooney12
9th Aug 2006, 15:17
Regarding the free club ticket you receive as flight crew, once per year...

Do your nominee's get this 'concession' as well? If so, do I have to travel with them?

Thanks

Carnage Matey!
9th Aug 2006, 16:25
Yes they do. You don't have to travel on the same flight as them but you must be in the same destination at the same time. For example you could send your nominees to New York for the week on your concession but at some time during that weel you would also have to travel to New York on the concession.

TopBunk
9th Aug 2006, 17:37
Note, that you must travel on your concession to NYC over the same period, not operate as crew, otherwise they will not retain the same onload/upgrade priority.

There is no such thing as a 'confirmed' ticket in BA, they are now known as 'bookable'. Consider them ex LHR to be just a higher priority standby and you won't go far wrong. They frequently, after being made 'ok' revert to standby on the day. Remeber the system-wide load factors for the last quarter where 83% or so - that means the aircraft a virtually all chokka right know - a low priority ticket holder trying to get to a popular destination should consider other means than Staff Travel unless they have a means of access to jumpseats.

cornet
9th Aug 2006, 17:47
@ spoilers yellow

that means, you can either decide to put your parents or your spouse or your friend(s) on that travelpartylist and then you can take them with you except parents and spouse, they can travel alone? Didi I get it?

Mooney12
9th Aug 2006, 18:09
Thanks for that - Im just trying to make sense of all this.....rather complicated I have to say...

Im a bit disappointed I have to go with my nominee's on the concession. Limits things quite a lot

cornet
16th Aug 2006, 20:27
One more thing: If I have not my spouse registered for staff travel, can my parents also travel alone on other airlines beside BA and One World, for example LH and star alliance with ID90 tickets or are they very expensive then?
Thanks in advance!

cornet
16th Aug 2006, 20:42
...and I also heared now that staff travel got quite expensive over the last year. Is that true?
How much is like LHR-HKG, or LHR-JFK 70 pounds incl. tax? Or LHR-BCN 40 pounds incl.? Approx.? More/less?

BluffOldSeaDog
17th Aug 2006, 10:05
5) if you are flight crew you get a free club confirmed ticket each year.

Not all of us that fly BA liveried a/c get that privelige

17th Aug 2006, 12:24
Not all of us that fly BA liveried a/c get that privelige

If you want "that privelige" (sic) just join BA!

BluffOldSeaDog
17th Aug 2006, 22:56
:hmm: Nah we'd rather just absorb the Regional losses so you can have your bonuses

Carnage Matey!
17th Aug 2006, 23:38
Absorb the regional losses? Surely you mean create the regional losses?

BluffOldSeaDog
18th Aug 2006, 09:46
Carnage mate, wouldn't even go there if I were you

MAN777
19th Aug 2006, 08:18
My partners father (now deceased) was a BA Captain, is she entitled to any travel concessions with BA ?

3Greens
19th Aug 2006, 08:43
Some replies are a litte misleading. You DO NOT have to travel with your nominees on your annual bookable concession. They can travel alone abiet on a slighly degraded priority. You DO NOT have to spend time together in the same location; this is when you are booking multiple flights using the same concession...totally differant.
My folks used to use mine all the time

er82
19th Aug 2006, 09:06
Having been thrown off a BA flight the other week which was chokka to give the jumpseat to some ratty BA engineer who was claiming 'mainline' priority, I decided to check out the rules.....

Seems that priority of loading of standbys should go on Date of joining, whether mainline or one of the 'lower class' franchise operators.... think it also applies to oneworld companies as well.

Was a bit peeved at being thrown off, when I'm actually working for one of the franchise operators, and this engineers wife was looking decidedly scruffy and got given a seat in club....

Surely operating staff who actually work for the airline should get higher priority than family....

WeLieInTheShadows
19th Aug 2006, 10:48
As you can see staff travel at BA cab be complicated.

The new staff travel policy is in the pipeline and soon to be revealed.

So if your not in yet, by the time you are in it will have changed.

Carnage Matey!
19th Aug 2006, 12:18
Having been thrown off a BA flight the other week which was chokka to give the jumpseat to some ratty BA engineer who was claiming 'mainline' priority, I decided to check out the rules.....

Surely you're not telling me you don't read BA News? There's been a long running saga about who gets to sit on the jump seat running in the letters page. In short it's entirely down to the Captain and nothing to do with seniority, date of joining or anything else (except perhaps how pretty you are).

jamojdm
19th Aug 2006, 17:07
Are step parents included in the allowance for ID90's?

Jamo

cornet
19th Aug 2006, 20:11
Can anybody please confirm me, if I have no spouse "registered", that my parents can also travel alone on other airlines beside BA and Oneworld for example LH, AF, UA etc. with ID tickets. And if yes, are these ID80 tickets?
CU
:confused:

cornet
26th Aug 2006, 20:42
No BA pilots in the forum?

Lucifer
27th Aug 2006, 09:09
My partners father (now deceased) was a BA Captain, is she entitled to any travel concessions with BA ?
No, all concessions end at age 24.