PDA

View Full Version : Easyjet Assessment day

dimmolto
27th Jun 2006, 08:52
Hello, I have used the search facility but I dont seem to find any earlier thread dealing with assessment at Easyjet for pilots, only for cabin crew.

If there already exist a thread maybe someone can provide me with a link.

In all other cases I would very much appreciate information regarding the assessment; psychometric inventory, group exercises, technical questionair, interview and simulator flight.

Sincerely

u0062
8th Aug 2006, 21:04
I have an assessment day with easyjet,could anyone give me any details of what to expect.
Thanks in anticipation

toro01
8th Aug 2006, 22:45
Whwn did you apply? I received an email a couple of weeks ago expecting one assessment soon. Do a bit of research in this forum there is quite a lot of info

FooFighter
10th Aug 2006, 16:51
I received an email that I can expect an assessment day soon. The email from easyJet was sent on the 29th of December 2005... Have tried to email them about it but no reply. A friend of mine who works at easyJet has recomended me but still nothing...

F4F
10th Aug 2006, 17:02
FooFighter, check if your file is still online... as far as I know, individual's are automatically trashed after 6 months...

FooFighter
10th Aug 2006, 17:07
Yup my file is still there... I try to update it every month anyway with my hours in the hope it will help. Hope to hear something from them soon...In the meantime I try to be patient...:\

Le sok
10th Aug 2006, 20:11
I had the same problem. I friend of mine applied 1 day later and went straight to the holding pool, the only difference was he had no referee.
I waited for 10 days, then I made a new application, with no referee.
The next day I was in the holding pool :)

LS

ICING AOA
10th Aug 2006, 21:19
foofighter, how many hours do you have on heavy turboprop or jet ?

FooFighter
10th Aug 2006, 22:13
So maybe it's an idea to delete my application, fill out a new one and leave the referee out?:confused: Well I'm willing to try everything and till so far nothing helped. Who knows... maybe this will do the trick...

@ICING AOA: I have over 2300 total time from which over 2000 hours on the metro 3. (p2)

ICING AOA
11th Aug 2006, 05:03
I have over 2300 total time from which over 2000 hours on the metro 3. (p2)

so why the hell don't they call you ??
I thought they were short of pilots :confused:

good luck

LOOPYGIRL
11th Aug 2006, 09:38
Hi ive just done a Easyjet assesment day, its very relaxed , just be your self , if your bubbly smiley and comfortable around other people your be fine . dont forget to take the doc's (doc@s) they ask you to bring ,take some lunch everyone does & a bottle of water.

I am 40yrs mum of 4 grown up kids , if i can do it :confused: .

I have received today my contract to sighn & i am so so excited :) :) :)

Nil further
11th Aug 2006, 10:06
EZY are about to announce a big change in the recruitment process , entry requirements, TRSS etc affecting entrants both from civilian and military backgrounds.

It would appear that the penny has finally dropped that we simply must change if we are to avoid a repeat of the parked aircraft this summer.

I do not know the specifics yet , there should be an announcement within a couple of weeks. (events of the last 24 hours may focus attention elsewhere in the short term)

A change is coming that will help those with less experience i suspect , cadet entry will not change as they have no problem recruiting at that level . I suspect they ae going to try harder to appeal to those with significant military time or those with significant regional/commuter time.

NF

ZBMAN
11th Aug 2006, 10:13
Hi ive just done a Easyjet assesment day, its very relaxed , just be your self , if your bubbly smiley and comfortable around other people your be fine . dont forget to take the doc's they ask you to bring ,take some lunch everyone does & a bottle of water.

I am 40yrs mum of 4 grown up kids , if i can do it :confused: .

I have received today my contract to sighn & i am so so excited :) :) :)

em, Loopygirl, the topic here is about flightdeck recruitment, not cabin crew.:8
Happy to here that that the interview for you guys is as relaxed as ours though!:ok:
cheers!

LOOPYGIRL
11th Aug 2006, 10:54
em, Loopygirl, the topic here is about flightdeck recruitment, not cabin crew.:8
Happy to here that that the interview for you guys is as relaxed as ours though!:ok:
cheers!

OOps :bored: sorry new to this too,

555SUB
11th Aug 2006, 11:54
I'm partial to BLOND ladies!!;) ;)

LOOPYGIRL
11th Aug 2006, 12:52
I'm partial to BLOND ladies!!;) ;)

:rolleyes: i maybe blonde , but its out of a bottle .
so i worked hard to be like this ;) ;) give a girl some credit .

Pizzaro
11th Aug 2006, 13:07
Nil Further

That's good news, I would like to apply to Easy, but I believe I would on the TRSS as I fly the Erj -145 inspite of having over 4000hrs. The application says TRSS is for people with an ATPL but with low commercial experience and I was hoping my experience would exempt me from this.

Regards P.

The Flying Cokeman
11th Aug 2006, 13:30
Pizzaro,

For the moment you will have to join via TRSS despite ur experience. Some people having flown the Bae146 had to go via the scheme too. To be concidered for DEP you have to have min. 500 hrs on similar type (A320&737) or bigger jets.
But rumours say there might be a new recruitment process soon, so u just might get lucky :ok:

Icing AOA,

Ezy seem desperate for more staff but I have no idea how their recruitment section work. I had to send in 5 applications over 5 years before I heard from them, when I started in EZY I had +4500 hrs all medium/heavy turboprop incl CAPT as well. On the typerating course you then meet people with 500/700 hrs total time ?
I think it's all about luck being selected for an interview really :sad:
Anyway good luck.

TFCM

Coppi
12th Aug 2006, 14:39
Hi everyone,

If I applied at Easy now and succeeded in getting an offer, how long would I wait in the holding pool? Also, does anybody know in how much time would somebody enter a command assessment if one had the necessary experience on type and what does this command assessment involve in practice? What is the success/failure rate of command assessments at Easy and FR? Is it based on merit or do other things come into account as well? If one is experienced on the Boeing could he apply for a Bus job due to base preference at Easy?
I know I ask a lot but any well informed answers would be much appreciated!:O

Timilu
12th Aug 2006, 21:24
8000 hours total, of which 5000 medium jet with major airline, applied 6months ago, and all I ve heard is an email, saying that I ve progressed to the next stage, and will hear from Easy later! What s going on, with planes on the ground and all??
Rgds Timilu

Bad Robot
13th Aug 2006, 12:08
Timilu, I have similar experience but got a PFO e-mail.:confused:

BR.

ICING AOA
13th Aug 2006, 13:16
8000 hours total, of which 5000 medium jet with major airline, applied 6months ago, and all I ve heard is an email, saying that I ve progressed to the next stage, and will hear from Easy later! What s going on, with planes on the ground and all??
Rgds Timilu

how old are you ? I heard many "rumors" saying that once you are over 32 years old you start to be less interresting for easyjet, and once you are over 40, you are just ****** up :ooh:

Timilu
13th Aug 2006, 21:27
Bad Robot

Sorry, but what is a PFO email?

Icing AOA,

Im 39, so I hope I m not completely f***** up yet:8 but I see what you say. But if my age was such a big problem, why would they send me an email telling me, that I ve progressed to the next stage?? And with flights being cancelled due lack of crew, should nt they just hurry up and get people like me onboard:O (sorry, know that sounded pretty big headed) Furthermore, with the rather large turnover rate, that Easy pilots on this forum report, that EasyJet is experiencing, why would they worry about a 39 year old??

Rgds Timilu

susoal
13th Aug 2006, 21:30
how old are you ? I heard many "rumors" saying that once you are over 32 years old you start to be less interresting for easyjet, and once you are over 40, you are just ****** up :ooh:

You are incorrect. I am 34 with about 7000 hrs...most medium jet with airlines, and I have an assesment day coming up.

I hope the age factor does not play against me...

Regards
:eek:

ICING AOA
13th Aug 2006, 21:58
hola susoal, I am very happy for you indeed, and I wish you all the very best for your interview !
As I said before, I just heard that as a rumor, so I have no clue at all if it is true or not.
But I know some people with lots of JAR25 hours who have unfortunately never been called for an assesment day with easyjetand they are over 40 :confused:

I personaly reckon that this discrimination is quite stupid especially in such a dynamic company, in which you can expect to get the command quite rapidly anyway..

Anyhow, good luck to all of you :ok:

rduarte
13th Aug 2006, 22:22
If Easy does not want pilots above 40,I guess you need to go to Ryan. :ok:

Timilu
14th Aug 2006, 11:12
Well...No:p

Alvin
15th Aug 2006, 09:08
I did hear that if you are over 40 and haven't got any medium jet time or command time, then the wisdom that is the training department considers it a training risk. Seems as though a lot of good experienced people are not getting the call. :ugh:

Alvin

airamerica
15th Aug 2006, 22:41
this

''did hear that if you are over 40 and haven't got any medium jet time or command time, then the wisdom that is the training department considers it a training risk. Seems as though a lot of good experienced people are not getting the call.''

then this

''But I know some people with lots of JAR25 hours who have unfortunately never been called for an assesment day with easyjetand they are over 40''

and then this

''Hi ive just done a Easyjet assesment day, its very relaxed , just be your self , if your bubbly smiley and comfortable around other people your be fine . dont forget to take the doc's they ask you to bring ,take some lunch everyone does & a bottle of water.

I am 40yrs mum of 4 grown up kids , if i can do it '' Spot on.

ICING AOA
16th Aug 2006, 09:20
I am 40yrs mum of 4 grown up kids , if i can do it '' Spot on.

It seems that this lady is.... a cabin crew member ;)

putt for dough
16th Aug 2006, 11:15
Hi guys/gals

I would like to know how the TRSS scheme works with
regards to payment for the TR?
Do easy help you get a loan from the bank?
Do they just bond you for 5 years with that £5000 pa deducted from your salary?
Or is it none of the above? You are on your own basically?

I have searched this and found different conflicting ideas from
folk on this forum.

Hopefully somebody knows

Cheers:ok:

Post Mod 516
16th Aug 2006, 11:30
Great, 1500hrs commercial light jet, 3700 multi crew rotary and now no prospects of getting a decent job at 42. Pass me the aspirin.:(

ICING AOA
16th Aug 2006, 13:01
Well, in my opinion, I would guess that a 40 years old F/O with a 24 and a half years old captain is not likely to give you an excellent CRM ... :}

Maybe that is a reason!

Post Mod 516
16th Aug 2006, 15:07
Cant see why age is a barrier to good CRM and what happens to someone after 40 compared to 39. I know that a line has to be drawn somewhere but if you can't get on with the guy next to you regardless of age then you're in the wrong business. You're always going to be flying with people of different ages, backgrounds, opinions etc, so why age. You may as well discriminate against someone because they come from the north.

interpol1977
16th Aug 2006, 16:18
Hey guys,

This question has been asked a few times before, also in other threads, but no real answers yet...so once more:

When would an experienced FO (>4000 737) get a shot at command in easy?

Would be interesting to know. I should get a chance to start training for command within 1 year in my current company...but easy seems to be a better place to be at the moment...

thanks in advance for your answer

susoal
10th Sep 2006, 14:53
Hey guys,

This question has been asked a few times before, also in other threads, but no real answers yet...so once more:

When would an experienced FO (>4000 737) get a shot at command in easy?

Would be interesting to know. I should get a chance to start training for command within 1 year in my current company...but easy seems to be a better place to be at the moment...

thanks in advance for your answer

Not at the moment, but I believe you will qualify for what they call fast track command. Unless you have 500 hours CURRENT command on a medium to heavy jet there is no chance.

Hope it helps:)

TheRednosedReindeer
10th Sep 2006, 15:30
Well, in my opinion, I would guess that a 40 years old F/O with a 24 and a half years old captain is not likely to give you an excellent CRM ... :}

Maybe that is a reason!

Rubbish. (sorry for being personal)
We had that configuration in my previous company a lot, and it worked quite well. To my experience, a newly hired 40 year old F/O knows much better to do his job right than a 30 year old, who's accrued some seniority and thinks he's in the wrong seat!

CRM is always a challenge, and the age is just one - rather minor - factor.

Btw., at CV we have also 31 year old Cpts flying with 60 year old F/Os. (The latter occur in every company that even occasionally fails upgraders).

Regards,
TRNRD

Man Flex 37.5
10th Sep 2006, 16:43
Guys
I have never heard so much rubbish in my life, age isn't a factor, i flew with a guy today aged 42 with medium tp time who joined via TRSS. I also did a sim for a guy the other day aged 43, a GECAT self sponsored type rating guy with not many hours.

airamerica
10th Sep 2006, 17:39
ICING AOA

''As I said before, I just heard that as a rumor, so I have no clue at all if it is true or not.
But I know some people with lots of JAR25 hours who have unfortunately never been called for an assesment day with easyjetand they are over 40''

And the rest of your posts seem to reflect a guess at best so if you do not work for the company please chill out and stop trying to intimidate and discourage guys/gals with your nonsense UNFOUNDED opinon.

All you know about easy is''I heard''.Just remmeber the amount of applicants that need processing, with applications ranging from Student pilots to retired Captains with only a couple of HR staff.

''how old are you ? I heard many "rumors" saying that once you are over 32 years old you start to be less interresting for easyjet, and once you are over 40, you are just ****** up''.

''Well, in my opinion, I would guess that a 40 years old F/O with a 24 and a half years old captain is not likely to give you an excellent CRM ... ''

Of course if you happen to be the skipper, its normal op's here everyday.

''It seems that this lady is.... a cabin crew member''

Sums it all up. IDIOT!

u0062
11th Sep 2006, 08:01
To Whom it may concern!!!

I am well over 40 and i have an assessment day.

Good luck to all regardless of age.

Caudillo
11th Sep 2006, 09:18
You may as well discriminate against someone because they come from the north.

..What a jolly good idea!

Longchop
13th Sep 2006, 12:45
Ive had an app in with Easy for over a year now. I updated it in July to show 1000hrs TP and almost 3 or so days later they sent me the standard 'your throiugh' email.
1 week later i got a call asking if i would goto the assessment day.
Re-arranged my first assessment day due to work requirements which Easy were very flexible about.

I have an assessment coming up and was wondering if anyone knew what type of questions were on the technical questionaire.

Do they ask any tech type questions in the interview?

I believe it to be quite an enjoyable day,is this true??

thanks!

LC

Cleared ILS approach
13th Sep 2006, 12:49
Hello Longchop,

Are you going next thursday 21/09? Please, sent me a PM.

Best regards

Jetavia
14th Sep 2006, 19:06
Assesment coming up for me too, early next month.. would appreciate any feedback on what to expect as a 737 rated applicant for the tech quiz, tech interview, personal interview and sim... anyone who maybe recently attended assesment that can provide any info?

Dimiair
16th Sep 2006, 02:33
Hi all,
I'll attend the assessment day somewhere the end of the September. Please share some information about what to expect...(don't like to say it, but there's really not much on pprune about it :8 )
About the age thing....I'm 34 yo!
Cheers guys..