PDA

View Full Version : Dixon and Gregg Contracts Extended!!

Animalclub
8th Aug 2006, 13:29
Sandra Sultry on Channel 10 News tonight says Geoff Dixon has been given an open dated contract.

Tropicalchief
8th Aug 2006, 14:19
More bad news for Qantas Airways staff and passengers:ugh:

Going Boeing
8th Aug 2006, 20:11
Does this mean that Peter Gregg will do the same to Dixon as Paul Keating did to Bob Hawke?

Ken Nuff
9th Aug 2006, 02:26
Does an open ended contract mean the Chairman can get rid of GD and PG at any time?

If GD is on a rolling contract what sort of commitment does he really have to Qantas?

I agree with the idea that Strong will replace Jackson and that he will appoint a new external CEO within 6 months.

I also believe that unless and until we staff get together and tell the Board that enough is enough, not a thing will change.

It is time the unions united and fought the common enemy of our future!

low_earth_orbit
9th Aug 2006, 02:57
QANTAS TOP DOGS SIGN UP FOR MORE
Henry Byrne
Australian Financial Review – Wednesday 9 August 2006

Qantas’s two most senior executives have together pocketed $12.2 million in entitlements after finalising contract arrangements to extend their roles with the airline.

Chief executive Geoff Dixon has signed a rolling contract replacing an existing contract, which was due to expire in July next year.

Under the new contract he will receive a $7.7 million superannuation contribution stemming from a termination provision under his old contract.

The chief financial officer and head of strategy, Peter Gregg, has also agreed to a rolling contract when his present contract expires later this year.

He will also have his existing entitlements amounting to $4.5 million paid out.

Mr Gregg, alongside the executive general managers of the Qantas and Jetstar flying groups John Borghetti and Alan Joyce, is considered to lead the field to replace Mr Dixon who has indicated he may step down in late 2008.

Qantas chairwoman Margaret Jackson insisted nothing about the company’s succession planning should be read into the latest announcement.

“Nothing has changed apart from the fact that I think Peter is an outstanding executive and I’m pleased that we’ve got these two executives re-signed and leading Qantas,” Ms Jackson said.

She said she was delighted the two men had signed their new contracts when the challenges in aviation had never been greater.

Qantas expects fuel costs to be $1 billion higher after hedging in the financial year ended on June 30, and up another $1 billion the following year.

In June, Qantas warned full-year pre tax profit in 2005-06 would be about 27 per cent lower than in 2004-05 at about $670 million. Qantas shares closed 3c higher at $3.07 yesterday, but they remain 27 per cent lower than a 52-week high of $4.18 reached on February 24.

Mr Dixon has been Qantas chief executive since March 2001 and Mr Gregg has been with the airline since 2000.

Under the terms of his new contract, Mr Dixon will be paid fixed remuneration of $2.3 million and performance-linked payments including up to $1.4 million in cash, as well as Qantas shares under both medium and long-term incentive plans.

Under the termination provisions of the new contract Mr Dixon is entitled to 12 months notice from Qantas, while he is required to give the airline six months notice if he ends the contract.

Wingspar
9th Aug 2006, 03:55
Mr Gregg, alongside the executive general managers of the Qantas and Jetstar flying groups John Borghetti and Alan Joyce, is considered to lead the field to replace Mr Dixon who has indicated he may step down in late 2008.

Peter and John please don't screw up!

AnyGivenSunday99
9th Aug 2006, 09:42
Look, I know Uncle Geoff thinks he is doing a good job, but my question is this - At what cost?

QAntas used to be an Australian institution, an icon that defined us. But with all that is going on at the moment, both to the quote "Bun Tossers" and flight crew, I cant help to feel sad. Sad at the way our country is going. If QF is any reflection, id say the motto is no longer "the Spirit of Australia" but it is now "Grab your Ankles". If the way their staff are being treated is the Spirit of Australia, then our country is :mad: . Sub standard accomodation in the middle of a housing estate, needles at the front door. What is it going to take? Someone to lose their life all for the sake of a few bucks? Extended working hours? Minimum rest? Just take a look back at your CPL Human Factors text.... even a monkey could figure out it is just a matter of time....

Mother Mary - Pray for Us....:{

Woomera
9th Aug 2006, 09:52
And with the Budget changes to Superannuation taxation, all that "lolly" via the Super fund is immediately available and exempt from PAYG taxation!

max autobrakes
9th Aug 2006, 09:55
As the romans were apt to say
RES TAM MALAE SUNT QUAM PUTAS,ET INIMICI RE VERA TE PERSEEQUUNTUR.
It is as bad as you think, and they are out to get you. :{

Turbo 5B
9th Aug 2006, 11:12
The folders that the Heavy Maintenance guys were given their redundancy details in last week had "Spirit of Australia" on them
Says a lot doesn't it?

captaindejavu
9th Aug 2006, 11:17
Illiud Latine dici non potest
You can't say that in Latin

Vescere bracis meis !
Eat my shorts !
:}