PDA

View Full Version : Qatar Airways: DOHA

starrr
8th Aug 2006, 11:47
Hi, I just passed the interview & assessment here in the PHilippines, Qatar Airways contacted me after almost 3 weeks, I was so happy to be chosen!!! :) Now I also completed the dentals & Medical clearance, I'm scheduled to go to Qatar in Sept. 30 to start the training on Oct. 2...

* For those people who also just got in, you may msg me... we might be with the same batch! =)

* Just want to ask, how's the training process & how's their accomodation, was the same nationality will be sharing the apartment?

sebby
8th Aug 2006, 12:13
Well done starr!

All the best. . . :D

starrr
9th Aug 2006, 13:35
Thanx for the replies..

I hope to meet you all, one of these days.. =)

QRCC2B
9th Aug 2006, 16:30
Congrats....
I wish that Qatar hired in Aus/NZ I would apply, they sound like a good company to work for.

I know they used to recruit in Australia a couple of years ago!

QRCC2B

starrr
10th Aug 2006, 08:42
Hi Leane, You might try International Agencies in your country, because sometimes though the Qatar Airways ain't announcing their schedule of assessments the Agency are in-charge of it.. Good luck

apaddyinuk
10th Aug 2006, 16:51
Leane, when I joined QR I joined with a large number of Aussies...theres a very good reason why very few of them are left. Its not the company you seem to think it is. I suggest you do a quick search here and read about Qatar Airways!!!

QRCC2B
10th Aug 2006, 16:53
How many wester cabin crew do they really have? They have a huge amount of Romanians but they are easterners!

apaddyinuk, any idea?

QRCC2B

steel06
11th Aug 2006, 03:30
hi starr,
im from the phil also and a cabin crew wannabe .. wen did you take your final assessment with qatar airways? did you apply thru IPAMS? when did they inform you that you are included in the final assessment, a week before the scheduled assessment? .. during my preliminary interview i was informed by the one interviewing me that i will be included in the shortlist .. its just up to now, i haven't received a confirmation and i'm trying to call IPAMS and they told me that the list isn't available yet. . it came to my knowledge that there will be an assessment by the end of the month .. i hope you can help .. thanks!

sebby
11th Aug 2006, 05:42
Hey Leane - the guy who you know that worked for QR is ex REX also and now Jetconnect LH?

LOL - I know him too in a very unfortunate way but none the less, a nice enough guy (got a lot of stories though! sheesch!) ;)

starrr
11th Aug 2006, 08:07
Hi steel, yes I applied thru Ipams, it's such a long story, but good for you the interviewer already told you that you were shortlisted, in my case I don't know.. weeks have passed I thought I don't make it, but after almost 6 weeks they called me up and invited for Qatar assessment...

We were 54 candidates in the morning batch last July 30' 2006... then only 8 of us got chosen, it's really a tough competition, some already have experiences but don't make it to the finals... Keep me updated, you may also email me at [email protected] Goodluck! =)

steel06
11th Aug 2006, 13:08
Hi steel, yes I applied thru Ipams, it's such a long story, but good for you the interviewer already told you that you were shortlisted, in my case I don't know.. weeks have passed I thought I don't make it, but after almost 6 weeks they called me up and invited for Qatar assessment...

We were 54 candidates in the morning batch last July 30' 2006... then only 8 of us got chosen, it's really a tough competition, some already have experiences but don't make it to the finals... Keep me updated, you may also email me at [email protected] Goodluck! =)

hi starr .. when did they call you? a week before the scheduled assessment? how long was the assessment? one whole day? did it happened in Ipams office or in a hotel? tnx :)

starrr
11th Aug 2006, 15:14
They called me 2 days before the assessment.. it depends, if you immediately got illiminated, you'll go home early... but if u make it, it will last about 4 hours including their orientation..

steel06
11th Aug 2006, 15:30
ooh ... such short notice .. so ill really have to be prepared coz il b coming fr d visayas :uhoh:
thanks starr

loc22550
11th Aug 2006, 18:05
QRCC2b,..they have just a few western cabin crew here in qr, and when i say few, believe me it really a few...
Most of the westen will never accept the way the cabin crew are treated here, a kind of kindergarden...only duty, no right, you may be terminated without any investigation!This company is only looking for girls who are willing to be submit.

And itīs not really easy for a single girl to stay in a place like qatar, if you are not money desperated...
Just Look at Emirates and check the difference, they have cabin crew from everywhere...
No need to wonder why...

loc22550
11th Aug 2006, 18:11
Leane 7, if you want to come to the middle east,i suggest you to try Emirates, try to avoid Qatar airways ....
Dubai is much more cosmopolitan and open.
Cheers

QRCC2B
11th Aug 2006, 18:21
QRCC2b,..they have just a few western cabin crew here in qr, and when i say few, believe me it really a few...
Most of the westen will never accept the way the cabin crew are treated here, a kind of kindergarden...only duty, no right, you may be terminated without any investigation!This company is only looking for girls who are willing to be submit.
And it´s not really easy for a single girl to stay in a place like qatar, if you are not money desperated...
Just Look at Emirates and check the difference, they have cabin crew from everywhere...
No need to wonder why...

A very difficult environment to adjust to. "Lockup time" twelve hours before a shift begins etc.

Which western nationality is the largest one in QR? British? Australian? I understand Romanian is a large one but they are from Eastern Europe.

They have been recruiting in both Estonia (once) and Poland (twice), although not sure how many they actually managed to recruit. It seems they are hunting for crew in both Austria, Germany and Spain and also a little bit up north?

QRCC2B

hawaiianhosty
11th Aug 2006, 20:12
A very difficult environment to adjust to. "Lockup time" twelve hours before a shift begins etc.

Which western nationality is the largest one in QR? British? Australian? I understand Romanian is a large one but they are from Eastern Europe.

They have been recruiting in both Estonia (once) and Poland (twice), although not sure how many they actually managed to recruit. It seems they are hunting for crew in both Austria, Germany and Spain and also a little bit up north?

QRCC2B

check your PM's..do I know you? I flew for QR 2001-2002...come on the suspense is killin me..I was AB56. Blue building accommodation?

boredcounter
11th Aug 2006, 22:03
'Yes I remember, I know a guy that got the job with them but that was straight after Ansett colapsed'
Sounds like the Qatar way, wait on the wings and employ people just laid off.
Not sure about Cabin Crew, but AAB had a consultant bases at LGW (as memory serves) that contacted EU airlines in trouble or failed. Roadshows were promptly sent to said airlines.
Scavengers, they can not recruit the full quota of Crew required, I wonder why?
Bored

apaddyinuk
12th Aug 2006, 00:32
Yup, its true...when Aer Lingus were in trouble and letting lots of people go Qatar Airways suddenly arrived in Dublin...thats how I got hired!!! :}