PDA

View Full Version : Can aerobatic pilots apply to Netjets?

Buter
7th Aug 2006, 22:11
Was nightstopping in Paris at the weekend and ran into some Netjets crew. Apparently, two Gulfstream crew will be required in the immediate future, but anyone with an aerobatics background will not be considered. This is a shame, due to the G4's low level handling characteristics at high speed. Anybody with further info?

Runaway Gun
8th Aug 2006, 01:25
Lemme Guess. Did the conversation go like this?

"Hi. Are you guys with Net Jets?"

"Yes."

"I hear they need some new Gulfstream crew soon - I might apply."

"Ahhh, well best of luck. Buy us a drink and we'll pass on your details."

"I don't have any money for drinks - sorry. What experience levels do they need?"

"Hmmm, no free drinks huh? Okay, so what experience do you have?"

"Errr, about 2500hrs command, multi-engine turboprop charter and multi-jet airline time, and I do aerobatics on the weekends".

"Nope, NetJets will not accept aerobatic experienced pilots. What with the G4's low level handling characteristics at high speed it's just too risky. Sorry chap. Have a nice life."

GLFSTMFIVE
8th Aug 2006, 11:09
Rumour has it Netjets G4 are doing free air dislays, coming to an airport near you!

Runaway Gun
8th Aug 2006, 21:09
Only Free? I heard Fwour.

Smeagel
9th Aug 2006, 09:41
320+ kts @ 50'?

Way to go boys:ok:

Quisling
9th Aug 2006, 17:31
:ok: Are ther any pic's on any of the reggie spotters web sites?
I assume it was done for an adudience, would have been a bit of a waste otherwise!!!!

Buter
17th Aug 2006, 21:15
Mr. Gun, you have amazing insight, it's almost as if you were there. I do have to correct you on one matter, though, so that people do not think that I am a cheap b@stard. I did, in fact, offer to buy the fellas a drink. Unfortunately, they became very nervous, muttered something about it not being a good idea for them to have a drink at this hotel and then ran out. This was sad because I've always thought the Marriott was a lovely place to have a couple of drinks while in Paris.

Oh, well. I'll just have to keep roughing it at BA until I get my big break.

Cheers

Buter

dryyoureyes
18th Aug 2006, 10:59
buter,

Like your banter! I would of course never condone the antics of cowboys. However it's interesting to note where the first stones get cast from after someone cocks up. Good luck roughing it at BA. If it gets too much you can always crew in smelling of booze or take pictures of your cabin crew while they are unconcious and then you'll have all the moral high ground!

See you in the Marriot maybe - mine's a coke!!!!!:ok:

Runaway Gun
18th Aug 2006, 14:16
Mr B,

I wasn't there buddy, but I am slightly psycho so I can forsee these conversations. However I must admit that I did not actually mean to infer anything about NetJet pilots and alchohol, but I tarnished all pilots with the same 'friendly drinkers' brush.

Mine's a water - but it tastes suspiciously of vodka !!