PDA

View Full Version : AN26 crash at El Fashier, Sudan

HSI
7th Aug 2006, 18:18
Saw the wreck of an AN24 at EL Fashier today. Not sure of exact details but believe crashed during landing due to an engine failure. The airport was closed for a few hours and most traffic diverted to Nyala. Flew in later and saw the wreck sitting off to one side of the rwy near threshold 05. I believe opertated by AMIS and not sure about injuries.. Looks like a write off.

bush van
7th Aug 2006, 18:29
I was inbound El Fashier today Hear the Russian say he has lost an engine and that was the last i heard. had to divert to Nyala, returned 3 hours later to find the stricken An-26 parked next to the runway, left hand engine totally broken off.

Another one bites the dust...

Maurice Chavez
7th Aug 2006, 23:05
Not surprised at all, that place is an accident waiting to happen. They switch on their navaids as, and when they please, won't let you land untill exactly opening time, and even then manage to delay you for another 20 minutes... During duststorms with limited vis, you're on you own, no navaids nothing. Oh I forgot, unless of course you're some European Air Force, then everything all of a sudden works...

Sammie_nl
8th Aug 2006, 10:35
Its getting better and better now.Rebels claimed to have shot down the aircraft, the government denies the charges. Did anyone got hurt.

Second Antonov crash in a week, in the DRC an An-28 of "Air Trasec" crashed with no survivors, 14 pax plus crew.

Hidalgo
16th Aug 2006, 17:19
Hi Guys,

to bring more light in the dark.
it was shot down, definetly, the government still denies it,
but everybody knows it... (the one in August)
most of the L/H Engine is gone together with the L/H Main Gear..
it happened north east of El Fashier..
One week earlier shots were fired on a Mi-8 of WFP 1 injured Pax...
It seems to get a little hotter here...
If someone have more info, let us share...

Hidalgo
16th Aug 2006, 18:09
there is talk about a wreck at N14 16 37.2 E25 46 87.3
does anybody know something about that?
or is it just the point where the first one lost the engine?