PDA

View Full Version : UK to East coast USA who has best Buisness class?

warkman
6th Aug 2006, 16:33
So, who has the best "buisness" Class service between the UK and the east coast of the USA?

perhaps I should open that a little by adding other airlines operating from Europeans hubs which you take a flight to this hub from the UK and of course, the Charters such as FCA etc with their Gold/Premium etc cabins as there seems to be a blurring of the line these days between Charter and scheduled.?

Who provides the best overall service for a business cabin?
I am sure we could identify areas where each airline is better than the others, such as Virgins Clubhouses and BA food, but who has the best overall experience for you?

No Mate!
6th Aug 2006, 18:40
Why do you care you snob.

Goodbye No Mate! (http://www.pprune.org/forums/member.php?u=148899) - It was fun while it lasted - which wasn't long!

warkman
6th Aug 2006, 18:53
Why do you care you snob.

What has the question got to do with snobbishness?
or in your mind, anyone who flies Buisness class is a snob?? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Pax Vobiscum
6th Aug 2006, 22:00
It has to be BA or VS doesn't it? They're streets ahead of the US competition and, while I've never flown long-haul with any of their european competitors, I doubt (and third party stories confirm) that they're sufficiently superior to justify the inconvenience of changing at CDG, AMS, FRA or wherever.

Of course, this latter option may offer better value for money, but then VFM is hard to justify for any biz-class fare. Both BA and VS also have premium economy classes offering much of the extra space that Business Class provides at a price not that far above economy.

The choice between BA and VS comes down (for me) to convenience - timing, frequency etc. I'm sure you'd be very comfortable on either.

You don't say if you have any specific destination(s) in mind - if you're looking at some of the more obscure (ie not Washington or NY), then the availability of a direct flight would swing it for me. If it's really just NYC then the new 'Business Only' carriers such as Maxjet may be of interest. I can't speak from experience of these, since Stansted is too much of a pain for me to get to.

SXB
7th Aug 2006, 09:41
For me it would be BA, their Club Class product is excellent and they're competitive on price. I have a business trip in late September (it being more than 5 hours allows me to purchase a business class seat) and a BA business class seat cost my organisation €2300 taking FRA-LHT-JFK. Here in continental europe you do seem to be able to make a substantial saving if you're willing to make a stop on a transatlantic journey. If I'd taken Lufthansa direct from FRA it would have been €3100. If I'd started my journey at LHT and flown direct to JFK with BA it would have been about 2400 UK pounds.

Virgin isn't really an option for me as they are a point to point airline though if you're beginning your journey in London I would expect they are very competitive on price.

I wouldn't even consider a US airline for a business class ticket.

WHBM
7th Aug 2006, 12:25
I wouldn't even consider a US airline for a business class ticket.
Nor does anyone else. US-based airline business class is stuffed full of upgrades from Y.

SXB
7th Aug 2006, 12:47
WHBM
I don't really have problem with them being full of upgrades, my preference is based simply is the quality of the product, the european airlines are just better at providing a business class experience.