PDA

View Full Version : Pigs really do fly.......

Buster Cherry
6th Aug 2006, 14:35
Way to go Jensen (http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=408139&CPID=583&clid=&lid=4161&title=Maiden+win+for+Button+in+Hungary) :D

Lon More
6th Aug 2006, 14:39
Did you see the EYES?

Great race; best for a long time. Wonder what the conspiracy theorists will make of it?

frostbite
6th Aug 2006, 14:41
What was really sweet about the Hungarian GP was that it was a proper race!

Even if the weather played a significant part in it, I'm glad I watched it, and I haven't thought that for a long time.

Well done, Jenson!

TimS
6th Aug 2006, 14:46
Even the full time critics of F1 (and I, as an ongoing and long standing fan of the sport, understand their position) would have to admit that was an amazing race !

G-CPTN
6th Aug 2006, 14:56
It was certainly an INTERESTING race with an interesting result. Well done Jenson!

Schumacher blew it.
Overtaking under a red flag.
Wrong choice of tyres to start.
Wrong choice of tyres to finish (ie not changing when refuelling).
Wrong choice of strategy (trying to stop Pedro de la Rosa passing). Naughty boy - was BOUND to get slapped for that chicane manouevre.

Suspect the red mist of wanting to win at all costs regardless of the repercussions is affecting his judgement.

Raikkonen suffered a lapse of concentration (perhaps he's human after all?)

Alonso was 'amazing' from the start (wasn't Shui meant to be the regenmeister?)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/5250094.stm

Buster Cherry
6th Aug 2006, 15:06
Nice to see that smug smile wiped off Schumacher`s face.
Hope Jensen can push on from here & do the business in 2007.

G-CPTN
6th Aug 2006, 15:09
Nice to see Jenson's 'decision' to stay (and not join Williams) finally pays off.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!
6th Aug 2006, 17:36
Is that the sport where the cars go round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round ?

:zzz:

G-CPTN
6th Aug 2006, 17:37
No. That's NASCAR!

Rollingthunder
6th Aug 2006, 18:13
Right, I'm about to watch the Hungarian GP (because I didn't feel like getting up at 03:00).

So if anyone wants to tell me who won it, just button up.

ExSimGuy
6th Aug 2006, 18:37
Thunder - Wouldn't dream of telling you who Buttoned up the race!

markflyer6580
6th Aug 2006, 18:39
Hope Jensen can push on from here & do the business in 2007.

More chance of winning the lottery three weeks in a row!

Having raced with him in Karts I was happy to see him finally get a win,however I don't think he will be a world champ any time soon.Fair enough he has a lot of bad luck but there are faster british drivers waiting in the wings:ok:

(I beat him on many occasions but didn't have the money to take it further,no rich daddy at my place. I'm not bitter though,honest:{ )

G-CPTN
6th Aug 2006, 18:54
I didn't have a rich daddy either (nor was I 'inclined' towards a sugar daddy), so when 'I' raced I always tried not to pile the car. Scott Speed's 'stupidity' at keeping the power-on last week after he had 'obviously' lost it, reminded me of a discussion which included "at what stage did you lose control?".
On another occasion (a hill-climb) the front of the car was caught by a gust of wind, putting me onto the grass (which was also wet with morning dew). I recalled the words of wisdom of my (racing) instructor, that "cars go FASTER on grass than on concrete, but unfortunately you don't have as much control" as I described a huge circle before collecting it and continuing. I reported the incident to the vehicle/team owner and mentor "I put my wheels on the grass on the top corner." to which he replied "That's OK, so long as it didn't affect your time . . . " :{
I DID beat him though on my subsequent runs :E

markflyer6580
6th Aug 2006, 20:00
Scott speed is a bit lairy at times,I had to laugh today when he was banging on about going to dry tyres over the radio,only to promptly spin it on his out lap:}

Mercenary Pilot
6th Aug 2006, 20:32
WELL DONE JENSON!!! GREAT DRIVE!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k99/flyingphoto/38687_2.jpg

barit1
6th Aug 2006, 21:25
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/42/Cincinnati-flying-pig.jpg/400px-Cincinnati-flying-pig.jpg

Pan Pan Splash
6th Aug 2006, 23:40
Isn't it funny how all racing drivers from F1 down right to us mere mortal club racers all live by the same code of ethics..

1. Thou shalt covet thy rivals machine and funding.

2. Thou shalt pass judgement on ALL other drivers talent or lack thereof.

3. Thou shalt never be at fault.

I'm as bad as anyone for it.. But all the same, nice one Jenson :D

G-CPTN
6th Aug 2006, 23:46
3. Thou shalt never be at fault.
I made a mistake once - I thought I was wrong, but when I checked-up I found I was right after all.

AerBabe
7th Aug 2006, 07:44
What a great race! I used to watch F1 with my dad when I was living at home, but only just got back into watching it. It's rare to watch a race where I don't want to be interrupted.

Well done Mr Button - obviously your driving with Top Gear last week made all the difference. :ok: