PDA

View Full Version : CHIRP reports

flybywire
5th Aug 2006, 15:42
Hi guys...

I just wanted to say that I have recently sent my first CHIRP report for an issue regarding my company and I have just received a reply. They were absolutely brilliant and I would suggest that if you have any problem with work (incidents, accidents, SOPs not followed, rostering/crewing problems) or if you are simply in doubt about the legality of some operations, do not hesitate to contact them. They were really professional and rest assured that it's completely anonymous: personal details are not disclosed at any time.

I feel so much better for writing to them, the CAA got involved and it turned out that what I was suspecting was in fact true.

Well...I've done my good deed today :E hopefully this will help my fellow colleagues who are working hard during this busy summer season:ok:

FBW:)

Honeytruck
5th Aug 2006, 18:37
Just want to reinforce FBW's post. I know one of the people who was instrumental in setting up CHIRP and the organisation has done an awful lot of good. It has no politics, and no agenda beyond using greater knowledge of human factors to improve flight safety. Everything can be anonymous. All CC should be aware of CHIRP.

flyblue
9th Aug 2006, 21:19
Excellent flybywire! :ok:
In my company we remind at every CRM course the importance of CHIRP (the equivalent in my country). It's more useful to write to competent people who can do something about the matter that worries you instead of simply discussing it in the galley!