PDA

View Full Version : Fun On The M25 ....

Wrathmonk
5th Aug 2006, 12:32
First of all please take this with the good humour intended (I don't really want to get flamed by the "this is in bad taste / this is non-PC etc" brigades - the joy of being in the military is having a robust sense of humour and being able to laugh in the face of adversity. However if the likes of nigegilb or chappie (in particular) are offended I will remove it (but, for what its worth, I should add I have plenty of (FJ) op experience under my belt (all Iraq) both pre TELIC, during the war fighting phase as well as the so-called peacekeeping phase).

Instructions :

1. Tie balloons (http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f386/Wrathmonk/cid_003001c6b4a2054d2000eeb74354Ali.jpg) to car.
2. Drive like a (legal) bat out of hell ... :E
3. Watch for peoples response ...

W

No Mate!
5th Aug 2006, 12:45
Hahahahaha.. what a crease! :ok: :ok: :ok:

Lon More
5th Aug 2006, 13:24
Brilliant. Where can I buy them?

Tombstone
5th Aug 2006, 13:43
Superb, I'm buying some!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!
5th Aug 2006, 13:55
one flaw in your plan though...the vehicle would have to be moving to make it lok like the 'balloons' were chasing it, ... so the M25 is harldy the best venue :}

SkyHawk-N
5th Aug 2006, 14:02
As an M25 'enthusiast' I can just imagine the cars in front clearing out of the way when they see these coming up behind them in their rear views! Fantastic idea!

Skeleton
5th Aug 2006, 14:57
Love it, as another M25 "groupie" I will be trying this on Monday.

Does the colour of the balloons matter?

Aynayda Pizaqvick
5th Aug 2006, 17:45
Love it, as another M25 "groupie" I will be trying this on Monday.
Does the colour of the balloons matter?
Errr, I haven't seen too many pink ones for real so think a more 'military' colour would be more effective:hmm:

FormerFlake
5th Aug 2006, 18:17
Errr, I haven't seen too many pink ones for real so think a more 'military' colour would be more effective:hmm:

No ,they have brough pink missiles in now for female and gay pilots, all very PC.

GOLF_BRAVO_ZULU
6th Aug 2006, 23:06
This is totally irresponsible and can only serve to distract other drivers; and suppose the string broke! A child could be traumatised.

Now Iíve got my "duty of care" out of the way, where can I buy one?

MrBernoulli
7th Aug 2006, 08:33
No, really, where can we buy these? I want some!:D

green granite
7th Aug 2006, 09:01
Have a feeling that Mr Plod would manage to find a law against it, no sense of humor those guys. :(:hmm:

ORAC
7th Aug 2006, 09:49
The missile ballo0ns featured in an outdoor ad which won the Grand Prix outdoor award at the Cannes Lions 2004.
Adforum (http://www.adforum.com/adfolio/reel_detail.asp?awardflg=1&tb=1&awy=2004&award_id=16&ID=38547&TDI=VDd8O9wR&PAGE=&bShop=False)

It was an ad for a TV station, the balloons specially made. There is a web site out there claiming to be the manufacturer, "out of stock", looking for distributers, but its a fake.

Serenity
7th Aug 2006, 10:29
Fantastic!!!:ok:

As i`m about to spemd my life on the motorways i could really do with those.

Really brightened up a lousey monday morning.
:D

simon brown
7th Aug 2006, 16:48
I was driving down the Autobahn recently and saw a car followed by 99 Red Balloons
sorry...

Cricket23
7th Aug 2006, 18:10
...for added amusement, you could also tie them to the back of a spam-can, and do a low level pass past the Tower! Should get some interesting RT!:E :p

G-CPTN
7th Aug 2006, 18:13
And how would you take-off 'undetected'? Maybe Kenneth Williams could fix them for you?

Cricket23
7th Aug 2006, 18:31
...use your imagination....

1) Take off from farmstrip, fly to local airfield.
2) Deploy them from open cockpit once airborne.
3) Open the window of something like a Cub and chuck them out.

Alternatively, you could take off with them and then have ATC advise you that you are about to be shot down by some SAMs!:}

C23

G-CPTN
7th Aug 2006, 18:32
4) Use a C130

Wheel Nuts
7th Aug 2006, 21:52
the vehicle would have to be moving to make it lok like the 'balloons' were chasing it, ... so the M25 is harldy the best venue but worth a go!

Ace idea :}

phnuff
8th Aug 2006, 12:44
.for added amusement, you could also tie them to the back of a spam-can, and do a low level pass past the Tower! Should get some interesting RT

Geez, as someone who flies from Luton, I can just imagine the reaction of the police. Rubber gloves anyone ??