PDA

View Full Version : Easy jet wet lease

Oblique96
4th Aug 2006, 13:47
This may no longer be news, but from Luchtzak.......

http://www.luchtzak.be/images/topics/easyjet.gif (http://www.luchtzak.be/article-topic-22.html) easyJet has been forced to wet-lease a B737-300 from Futura Intl Airways and a B757-200 from Air Finland because of crew shortages.

Source: CH-Aviation

cartmanfly
4th Aug 2006, 15:33
you're about 2 months behind with that.

Mr @ Spotty M
4th Aug 2006, 16:50
Please Note:
They are not leased because of crew shortages.
CAA Web Site
Category (b) (leases to replace aircraft taken out of the fleet for planned maintenance)
easyJet Airline Company Ltd to wet lease one Spanish registered Boeing 737-300 aircraft (registration EC-JUC or substitute) from 3 July 2006 until 31 August 2006.
easyJet Airline Company Limited to wet lease one Finnish registered Boeing 757-200 aircraft (registration OH-AFJ or substitute) from 3 July 2006 until 31 August 2006.
So as you can see they are not short of crews, how blind are the CAA and l wonder why no one objected, or maybe they have.:mad:

-8AS
4th Aug 2006, 23:34
Are these on top of the Titan aircraft?

Little Blue
4th Aug 2006, 23:57
Everyone uses Titan....
And they love us for it !;)

Stormy Petrel
5th Aug 2006, 06:02
Spot the mistake. EJ are paying for inept management. Nothing to do with maintenance. They duck but they can't hide. :ugh:

Lucifer
5th Aug 2006, 12:42
So as you can see they are not short of crews, how blind are the CAA and l wonder why no one objected, or maybe they have.
You may not have noticed, but they are European and consequently the CAA have no say in the matter in terms of refusing the arrangement on that basis.

G-CPTN
5th Aug 2006, 13:07
A budget airline is cancelling 29 flights from Newcastle this month because of a lack of trained staff.
EasyJet said it cannot get its cabin crew security checked quickly enough to fill posts.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tyne/5248050.stm

Mr @ Spotty M
5th Aug 2006, 15:02
What l was trying to point out, is that the post from Oblique96 said that two web sites stated that they were leasing because of a shortage of crews.
Now l am sure easyjet would not of told the CAA a load of porkies, now would they?
We all know that easy are short of crews and l will also point out that so are most airlines in this country at the moment.:)

WeLieInTheShadows
5th Aug 2006, 16:03
More precisely they are short of Cabin Crew.

Due to the intake of 700 new crew into the single fleet at LGW, BA have taken a lot of experianced crews for the charter ops and particularly the Loco's.

Replacing these people takes time due to disclosure forms etc.

Incidentally this situation was anticipated by BA as a fringe benafit of the single fleet transition at LGW.

fmgc
6th Aug 2006, 08:22
Mr @ Spotty M vbmenu_register("postmenu_2760317", true);

There is a shortage of crews and then the is a SHORTAGE OF CREWS!

easyJet are in the latter situation!

Global Pilot
8th Aug 2006, 11:13
Are these on top of the Titan aircraft?

Yes, AWC aicraft are in on an ongoing contract till the end of the summer using 737s but a 757 is be subbed in on ocassion.

keepcool
8th Aug 2006, 13:47
Well, lately we have lost a few cabin crew in LTN looks like things are getting worst......I am bemused that easy are not telling passengers the truth.....

Let`s hope things get better as I am on minimun rest almost everyday.....

Come on let`s find some more crews:ugh:

Pilot Pete
8th Aug 2006, 13:53
I went to Barcelona on the Futura a couple of weeks back out of Liverpool. I have to say it was the dirtiest cabin I have ever been a passenger in! There was rubbish everywhere.

Also, there were safety cards missing from the seat pockets around mine and the cc 'giggled' throughout their cabin safety brief. Not the best possible way of keeping Easyjet's good reputation.

The flight home on an Easy 73 was much better and the crew superb. Well done to them.

PP

Off Stand
8th Aug 2006, 15:01
I worked for ezy a few years ago and a flight I was rostered for operate as subbed to FUA. As the sccm that meant to be on the flight, I still had to be on the flight (checked in as a passenger) as a 'rep' for ezy in the pax had any questions. When we got to BCN, the crew got off to go shopping. When I asked about the cleaning of the cabin, they said that the crew were not paid to do that, but ezy wouldn't pay for cleaners, thus the a/c stayed a tip.

Pilot Pete
8th Aug 2006, 16:40
Might be worth taking that up with your management as it leaves a very bad impression for pax....

PP

jet2impress
8th Aug 2006, 16:59
I worked for ezy a few years ago and a flight I was rostered for operate as subbed to FUA. As the sccm that meant to be on the flight, I still had to be on the flight (checked in as a passenger) as a 'rep' for ezy in the pax had any questions. When we got to BCN, the crew got off to go shopping. When I asked about the cleaning of the cabin, they said that the crew were not paid to do that, but ezy wouldn't pay for cleaners, thus the a/c stayed a tip.

We had the same thing happen at Jet2 when we leased from FUA. Aparantly the FUA crew stood at the front eating crew meals whilst watching the Jet2 rep prepare the cabin on the turn around. I heard of one instance where the FUA crew mocked and laughed at the jet2 rep whilst he/she cleaned the cabin. Crew meals seemed to be the most important thing to the FUA crew. First things first on a 50 min AMS was to eat the crew meals, then serve the pax after. Also, heard how a 1 hour delay was caused whilst they waited for an additional crew meal to be brought to the aircraft for a crew member that was being carried as supernumary! :=

Stampe
8th Aug 2006, 19:55
Good for the Futura crew I say!!!!.The primary role of cabin crew colleagues is flight safety and security not aircraft cleaning and pandering to the needs of passengers who have paid pocket money fares.Also on a 12 hour duty period adequate meal/refreshment are essential ,not a luxury again the Futura crews would seem to have the right idea.It amazes me that Easy and Ryan can get people to work in their squalid cabins working atrociously long hours serving a public that expects air travel at way below its true value.

Doug the Head
9th Aug 2006, 09:15
Indeed, very good for the FUA crew, at least they have a few priorities straight!

The meaning of "quality of life" is something that very few in the UK will ever understand.

Brits can be just as superficial as Americans when it comes to money and will bend over backwards for a few extra quid: sell back leave days, fly 900 hours/year with 20 minute turn arounds and eat disgusting greasy crew meals after the crew have done their service. :ugh:

Thunderball 2
9th Aug 2006, 14:28
Stampe/Doug the Head
The primary role of cabin crew colleagues is flight safety and security not aircraft cleaning and pandering to the needs of passengers
I wouldn't have any faith in a crew who were obsessed by consuming crew meals and mocked and smirked at another company's representative who was preparing a cabin while they stuffed their faces. You really reckon these same people are going to suddenly be transformed in their work ethic when it comes to matters "flight safety and security"?

My expectation would be that a crew who behaved like that would also be the first people down the slides and onto the grass if things went pear-shaped....

jet2impress
9th Aug 2006, 17:03
Indeed, very good for the FUA crew, at least they have a few priorities straight!
The meaning of "quality of life" is something that very few in the UK will ever understand.
Brits can be just as superficial as Americans when it comes to money and will bend over backwards for a few extra quid: sell back leave days, fly 900 hours/year with 20 minute turn arounds and eat disgusting greasy crew meals after the crew have done their service. :ugh:

Got their priorities straight??? mmm.... surly the cabin crews priorities should be to look after the pax. Is it not the pax that ultimitly pay our wages? I agree it is important for the crew to eat/have a break on a long duty. I don't agree with crew tucking into hot breakfasts at 0800, straight after take off on the first flight on the day, all this before serving pax on a 50 minute flight. :ugh:

ponsi
9th Aug 2006, 23:14
the cabin crew has to work in a good conditions in all the carriers. In most of loco they have no crew meals, bad salaries, job for just a few months,... they have to figth for their rights and keep the privileges, if they have some of them...
What will be the next thing that carriers will order to their cc to do after cleaning?, singing?, dancing?
Good for FUA cc!!:yuk:

alexban
10th Aug 2006, 14:48
Jet2 : it's not the cabin crew job to clean the cabin. Well,maybe in some LCC is,so I'm not amazed there is a crew shortage on those lcc.
The most important aspect of the cabin crew job is the safety of the pax,not their comfort.They're not your mommy to tuck you onto sleep,more likely your chief sarge who'll take you out alive from danger.
If they're nice with you,consider it a plus.
I personally dislike the politics of some lcc to put the cabin crew to clean the cabin,after doing their job in the air.If you think they have a easy job,try it for a month or so.
Next,we'll put the pilots to check tyre pressure,and change the oil.
And I doubt the money saved by cleaning the cabin goes into cabin crew pockets.

Thunderball 2
10th Aug 2006, 15:29
That last post contained 134 words, of which all but 15 were absolute rubbish.

ponsi
10th Aug 2006, 21:57
I´m trying to imagine where do you work but i can´t. I´m afraid you´re one of a low cost carrier manager maybe?:confused:

Thunderball 2
10th Aug 2006, 23:46
Ponsi,

You're trying to imagine where I work? I'll tell you; I work in the real world of 2006, where the all businesses - and the people who work for them - must constantly seek and implement new ways of working which are more efficient, or cease to exist.

Generally speaking airlines have rarely made money, and when they have it hasn't lasted for long. This situation is unsustainable, and the low-cost model, properly implemented, offers a way forward. It may - or may not - make good business sense for the cabin crew to clean the cabin. But statements like "it's not the cabin crew's job to clean the cabin" have no place in any modern business. There was a time when it was "not the pilot's job to advance the throttles", and there was even a time when it was "not the car driver's job to look out for pedestrians", because this function was performed by the person who walked in front of the car with a red flag.

Doug the Head
11th Aug 2006, 03:17
Ponsi,

Don´t worry about it mate.

Generally speaking nature will sort out people like that: no hobbies, no friends (sorry, OM-A/B/C/E do not count as friends), no wife, no kids and a heart attack by the time they´re 50. :hmm:

All in the holy name of Low Cost! :ugh:

Thunderball 2
11th Aug 2006, 08:25
Doug the Head,

Generally speaking nature will sort out people like that: no hobbies, no friends (sorry, OM-A/B/C/E do not count as friends), no wife, no kids and a heart attack by the time they´re 50.

All in the holy name of Low Cost!

You (literally) couldn't be more wrong on all six counts, Doug. And I've got nothing to do with Low Cost.

Get real or stop posting about serious issues on Pprune.

Doug the Head
11th Aug 2006, 15:47
And I've got nothing to do with Low Cost. And with that comment dear Thunderball 2 you just about summed up your ´expertise´ on this subject... :) Good night! ;)

eidah
11th Aug 2006, 21:16
Jet2 : it's not the cabin crew job to clean the cabin. Well,maybe in some LCC is,so I'm not amazed there is a crew shortage on those lcc.
The most important aspect of the cabin crew job is the safety of the pax,not their comfort.They're not your mommy to tuck you onto sleep,more likely your chief sarge who'll take you out alive from danger.
If they're nice with you,consider it a plus.
I personally dislike the politics of some lcc to put the cabin crew to clean the cabin,after doing their job in the air.If you think they have a easy job,try it for a month or so.
Next,we'll put the pilots to check tyre pressure,and change the oil.
And I doubt the money saved by cleaning the cabin goes into cabin crew pockets.

yes a cc is passenger safety that is normall but its a CUSTOMER SERVICE JOB as cabin crew you are the face of the airline you have to look after them without them you have no job. We all no that when pax enter the aircraft something happens to them and they lose common sense and some you have to mother them. Its about time some cabin crew start to realise this.

ponsi
11th Aug 2006, 22:27
Dear Thunderball2,
definitelly you work in a low cost carrier and if you are a pilot you´ll be the one who carry pax luggage one of these days...
So, we have to think in a real world..., come on to think about the people with no job in a few years if crews make everyting...cleaning, catering, ops, fueling, handling people will apreciate your McGiver´s cooperation.
Have a good night!:ugh: :=

Thunderball 2
12th Aug 2006, 00:56
Going nowhere, guys. The real world went that way. Talk amongst yourselves.

alexban
12th Aug 2006, 16:14
Thunderball,you've actually counted my words?..Damn,you must be some wise beancounter,cause I've tried to check if you're right,but I gave up.
Do you think the cc have the same effectivenes while cleaning as the cleaning people? Do the cc have a vaccum cleaner,or do they just pick papers,or bigger garbage stuff? Are the cc faster than the cleaning people?
Do you think maybe we should also wash the plane while at base,just to get rid of some useless ground workers?:}
The real world is actually not going that way...Maybe for some lCC,but you'll be surprised to note that other LCC decided it's more effective to use specialized people for this job.
You know,the comunists promovated an ideea of the multilateral people,which was a man,or woman,skilled on many jobs at the same time.The history proved it wrong.
You may be a skilled pilot but a lousy carpet cleaner:yuk:

RAT 5
12th Aug 2006, 21:26
Hand bags at dawn: or let's button it. This is turning into a drivel parade. Titilating tivialities.

Thunderball 2
12th Aug 2006, 21:30
Alexban

Okay, but this is positively my last post on this thread:

- Highlight and copy the text (3 seconds)
- Open a Word document and paste the copied text into it (3 seconds)
- Go to "Tools", and then "Word Count" (2 seconds)
- You will then get a display of statistics relating to that text. This shows that your last post contains 146 words and 721 characters.

So 8 seconds in all, and that is the sum total of my time that I'm prepared to spend on this or any other post of yours.

PS: I'm not a Secretary or a "Beancounter" by training, but I learned to use Word in order to be able to "Multitask". You'll find that it is necessary in business today for people to look beyond the old job descriptions and perform a variety of different tasks if they are to be cost-effective. Another example of this might be Cabin Crew cleaning the cabin on an aircraft, for example.:ok:

bird dog
12th Aug 2006, 23:00
Thunderslavery,

You probably is one that thinks it is right to charge pilots for their ratings and uniforms when its a requirement to do their jobs. People like you and the ones who are narrow-minded to accept this are destroying what used to be a good profession. Good for Fua crew, in the end of the day what the managers want is somebody to do as many jobs as possible, without eating cause its a waste of time and productivity, and replace then for a fresh and even less paid one when they became tired and sick( or get a proper job).

Thunderball 2
12th Aug 2006, 23:08
Mods, any chance of putting this pathetic thread out of its misery?

apron
12th Aug 2006, 23:24
I have read this pathetic thread from top to bottom a few times now. I am not a bean counter, management, cc, but a a common sensical pilot....I hope. The whole face of our industry has been changing for many years now.........even if some of you cannot see that. Yes cc should clean the cabin and YES pilots, if they have the time on a short turn around, SHOULD HELP them. Atleast this is what I try to do. The low cost model is something that not all LOCO's can sustain which is why the EDUCATED ones amogst us, CC, PILOTS etc etc should do ALL they can to ensure we all remain employed!
TB2 well said!

alexban
13th Aug 2006, 08:39
well,this is becoming a common thread met here on pprune,the permanent conflict between unexperienced pilots,who will do EVERYTHING to get a job,even pay for it,and the experienced ones who saw the decline of our job conditions due to flexibility of the first category.
What will happen if you won't accept to clean the cabin?..You think the lcc will go bankrupt? Or you're afraid you'll lose your job?
Apron ,how did YOU see the changing in our industry? I see you're very young,and from what you write I think you're at best a junior FO. Do your captain clean the cabin with you,during a short turn around? Maybe you'll serve some drinks at cruise,I'd be more impressed if the pilots do this for first class pax:D oo,I forgot we're talking about LCC....:ok:
One more thing..usually,at turnaround,a team of 6-7 people come to clean the cabin on my 737.It takes about 10 min to make it fresh new.How fast your 3-4 ccrew,maybe tired from the sector you've just flown,manage to do that? With the same result? And before saying that they should not be so tired,I'll tell you that we serve hot meals even for 1 hr flight on the 737 ,for 130+ pax....This is how we stay in bussines,for more then 50yrs,and we are no LCC...
TB2..how many words this time,please....? I'lll send you a check..;)

Thunderball 2
13th Aug 2006, 09:56
Apron

Appreciate your comments and support.

Alexban

About 40 posts ago I said:

It may - or may not - make good business sense for the cabin crew to clean the cabin. But statements like "it's not the cabin crew's job to clean the cabin" [Alexban, 10th August] have no place in any modern business.

I stand by what I said - no more no less.

PS: Your last post? 225 words, 1,054 characters - not including spaces.:8 :ok:

Doug the Head
13th Aug 2006, 11:56
And I've got nothing to do with Low Cost.
So what makes you such an expert then?

Going nowhere, guys. The real world went that way. Talk amongst yourselves.
Good idea! Perhaps you should first join a LoCo (starting as cabin crew of course! ;) ) and then, after 2-3 years, you might have a clue what you´re talking about!

Bye bye!

Thunderball 2
13th Aug 2006, 12:35
I played a key role in starting a major low cost carrier some years ago. I've also created and run businesses that have given employment to over 100 aircrew and over 200 cabin crew.

What have you done with your life, Doug?

ponsi
13th Aug 2006, 12:36
I´m with you Doug,
probably TB2 has two days on this bussines...
Do your job like a professional, i mean your job,...is not to submit your carrier into the bankrumption, is going up like we usually done for a long, long time.
Bye.:)

ponsi
13th Aug 2006, 12:39
TB2,

I knew that!!!!!!!!!!

Glenn@LTN
13th Aug 2006, 16:30
sooo.................hanbags down?

should we get back to topic? anyone heard of a easyjet wetlease? only ones ive seen at work are the Titan 737, now and again the 757, but they are only for a couple of sectors, 4 at the most, I have heard at work, that they could be wetleasing Finnair A320s, but just a rumour, anyone confirm?

Glenn

Flightrider
13th Aug 2006, 21:34
The Air Finland 757 is operating more or less full time for EZY ex LGW. They have used an MEA A321 today and various other subs including an MD83 (I think it's the Nordic one with strange titles, something about a beach resort in Palma). Across the network, it is the equivalent of five sub aircraft each day, so I'm told.

angels
14th Aug 2006, 09:40
Have any other heads rolled at Easy after this farce?

It must be costing them a fortune.

Stampe
14th Aug 2006, 10:15
I would guess the current "security " situation is most welcome at Easyjet they are able to cancel as many flights as they like with no bad publicity.Should enable them to operate a programme that sensibly fits with their available crewing levels.Interesting that the Uk charter industry has quietly got on with its job at the busiest time of year with virtually no cancellations,their customers having had their travel plans satisfied.:=

RAT 5
14th Aug 2006, 18:38
Stampe:
Now, there is food for a conspiracy theory!!

Glenn@LTN
6th Sep 2006, 00:40
Just a little update on the EZY wetlease, we now have the Air Finland 757-200 OH-AFJ and Nordic Leisure MD-83 SE-RGP (pura beach logojet) based at LTN, they are staying with us for the next 6 weeks

The 757 operates the morning flight to FAO and the afternoon flight to ATH whereas the MD-83 operates the early morning AGP and afternoon flight to BUD

Also had an Air Slovakia 737-300 OM-RAN at LTN too, operating ALC flights for us!

Glenn

Doug the Head
6th Sep 2006, 08:05
Stampe:
Now, there is food for a conspiracy theory!!
Stampe has a point though. Why aren´t Virgin Atlantic, Thomas Cook, BMI and many other screaming murder and cancelling flight after flight?

DCS99
6th Sep 2006, 13:02
Has the FUA Futura wet-lease ended now?

Only asking for a friend who is due to fly LPL-BSL.

I think it's back to Ezy 737.

Ta v much

BitMoreRightRudder
8th Sep 2006, 22:36
Yah the two Futuras' have gone. Little bit earlier than planned from what I gather, can neither confirm nor deny it had anything to do with the Langford Lodge incident. Lets just say we are very grateful to Belfast ATC. Could be a 737 or a 319 to take your friend over to BSL. I think we had an eirjet 320 subbing for us over the past few days.

I would be interested to find out just how much EZY has spent on cancelling and subbing out this summer, can't imagine it will ever be made public.