PDA

View Full Version : Appalling passenger behaviour

SHogan
4th Aug 2006, 13:25
I recently flew from Oslo Torp to Stansted with Ryanair and was truly disgusted at the behaviour of some of the passengers when it came to boarding the plane. The pre-boarders included the elderly in wheelchairs, people carrying babies and pushchairs and other families with young children.
The pre-boarders were given a 20 second head-start on the dash to the plane but after that a huge amount of the passengers behind seemed to think it was a case of survival of the fittest as they ran, at full pace, barging people out the way to get on board. I was at the front of the queue of the 'regular' boarders but offered to help people down various stairs with their pushchairs and so on, but I must say I was pretty appalled at the loutish behaviour shown by other passengers. They were of all nationalities, not all British, by the way!
Is this behaviour as a result of the fact that there are no fixed seating arrangements, or is it because of the type of people that these filghts attract?
Things just got worse when we got back to Stansted, but that's a different story! :sad:

Cyrano
4th Aug 2006, 13:48
Well, SHogan, the flight attracted you, so I would suggest being careful before condemning the type of people that these filghts attract ;)
Ryanair's non-allocated seating policy is very effective in encouraging the frantic stampede to board - don't expect the airline to be bothered by this, it works fine for them in speeding turnarounds. If any airline (Ryanair or any other) chooses as a profitable business policy to treat its passengers with so little respect, it is perhaps less surprising that they then treat each other similarly.
If you're looking for examples of human nature at its finest, a Ryanair flight is alas not the place to find it.

zed3
4th Aug 2006, 15:33
I think that if you are looking for examples of human nature at its finest , Ryanair IS the best place to find it ..... never flown them though !!!

PAXboy
4th Aug 2006, 17:05
True zed3, survival of the fittest. :(

I have just paid £15 more (round trip) to go on another carrier to avoid using them.

ALLDAYDELI
7th Aug 2006, 09:59
I can imagine the scenario, I bet the "fittest" soon caught up with the yound and the elderly & infirm even with the headstart !

In these days of hightened health & safety political correctness, how can this be allowed to happen? People barging, pushing & shoving and racing about like this its downright dangerous.