PDA

View Full Version : Zoom Airlines

Cyrano
4th Aug 2006, 11:50
ATI is reporting that Bank of Scotland is taking a minority stake in Zoom and that the airline is planning to set up a UK operation shortly, probably Gatwick-based, which will provide low-cost long-haul flights, probably to the USA and India.

gatwicknose
4th Aug 2006, 21:36
could this be the royal bank of scotland??? doesnt Flyglobespan have some codeshare flying with zoom coming up...could king tom be mounting an overseas venture???

fokkerplod
5th Aug 2006, 04:36
guess this is their new uk operation ?

Dan Air 87
23rd Aug 2006, 20:00
I wonder if anyone has used Zoom Airlines for a flight to Canada lately? How was the comfort in economy (with a 31" leg room I gather). My Missus wants us to go and see her sister in Toronto for Christmas and I am looking for excuses not to go. Her sister said that Zoom were great and much cheaper than the rest so any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

Honkees
7th Sep 2006, 15:41
Has anyone heard anything about Zooms plans for a UK base as yet?

After they supposedly lost out to FlyMe to buy Astraeus I guess they'll have to start from scratch....

Uncle Albert
27th Sep 2006, 12:45
Now the Flyme deal has fallen through I wonder if Zoom will be back knocking on the Astraeus door.

B737Bod
27th Sep 2006, 14:05
Rumour has it that quite a few Astraeus staffers are on thier way in that direction anyway.....

BAforever
29th Sep 2006, 18:09
What about news of a UK base and flights to the US with zoom? Where from and will it be existing bases? How with Canadian registered aircrat or will they do Zoom UK/Europe to go to the US?:ok:

757manipulator
30th Sep 2006, 10:15
Fresh off the rumour mill, Zoom to make a VERY large expansion at LGW. I know this has been mooted before, but I understand that this is actually to take place, rather than another rumour...anyone know more?

(mods I'd prefer this stays in the rumours and news forum..until at least we can confirm the details:ok: )

Re-Heat
30th Sep 2006, 11:05
It has already been in the news that the financial backers of the Canadian airline are to set up a UK-owned affiliate at Gatwick.

BAforever
30th Sep 2006, 11:10
They havent said which airports they will set ZoomUK yet just that it will be probrabley at existing ones.:ok:

Hansol
30th Sep 2006, 14:37
The bank taking control might suggest that things are not all that rosey.

airhumberside
30th Sep 2006, 17:49
The bank taking control might suggest that things are not all that rosey.
The banks aren't in control of Zoom but have made an investment, like they frequently do in many successful companies

flyer55
30th Sep 2006, 18:59
Thats interesting i wonder where they will be flying to!!

richardhead
3rd Oct 2006, 01:51
I wonder if anyone has used Zoom Airlines for a flight to Canada lately? How was the comfort in economy (with a 31" leg room I gather). My Missus wants us to go and see her sister in Toronto for Christmas and I am looking for excuses not to go. Her sister said that Zoom were great and much cheaper than the rest so any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

Zoom is actually quite a good airline. The service is great the people are friendly and the aircraft are top notch. And hey their cheap to boot. What more could you ask for.

Curious Pax
7th Nov 2006, 11:57
In this weeks CAA Licensing news they include Zoom Airlines Ltd (with an address that is also that of a Glasgow solicitors). They are applying for a type A licence, and the freedom to operate both charter and scheduled flights between any combination of points.

caaardiff
10th Nov 2006, 12:34
It seems some more progress is being made with the announcement of their first a/c!
http://www.jethros.i12.com/fleets/fleet_listings/zoom_uk.htm
An Ex Air-europa a/c according to Airfleets being just 6 years old. (In comparison to Zoom CA's ranging from 10-13 years old.

GW76
10th Nov 2006, 23:20
caaardiff

Must be a better source than a spotter site.....:confused:

Skipness One Echo
11th Nov 2006, 12:17
Well spotters often care more about the fleet movements and have more sources than the staff, that's just the nature of things. Perhaps you could point us to a better source if you are so more informed than us spotters?
No? Thought not.......

Man_User
16th Nov 2006, 11:30
Yes, the YYZ route operted by GSM on a Friday out of manchester is a duel flight number Z4 and GSM. Not sure if this will cover the Calgary and Vancouver later in 07.