PDA

View Full Version : Most successful corp jet operators in UK?

r-kite
4th Aug 2006, 09:39
Hi all,

What are people's thoughts on the most successful corporate jet operators in the UK??

Eric

r-kite
4th Aug 2006, 15:26
... i mean "Biz Jet" - sorry

Flugtak
4th Aug 2006, 21:12
Gama. (LEA probably somewhere in the top 10).;)

Aerial Anarchist
5th Aug 2006, 00:43
certainly ain't Greggair - severe muppets

Looooong haul
7th Aug 2006, 07:57
If you talk G reg than LEA or Gold.
If most succesful than NetJets

Greggair a lot of noise no substance
Club328 is too new and need to survive the famous first five years of Biz aviation
:8

Phil Brockwell
7th Aug 2006, 15:13
Eurojet seem to have quietly got on with the job!

Phil

Fried_Chicken
7th Aug 2006, 18:52
Eurojet seem to have quietly got on with the job!
Phil

I understand they've recently added a second Citation Excel to their fleet

FC

r-kite
8th Aug 2006, 16:20
Thanks guys - v useful.

HyFlyer
8th Aug 2006, 22:33
Have you considered

Twinjet an interesting fleet

Rangemile about to rise from the ashes with several bigger aircraft...they have been dormant for while, but have a long track record.

Phil Brockwell
9th Aug 2006, 08:06
The question was "most succesfull" the mention of Rangemile whose iminent expansion has been iminent for the last 3-4 years above the likes of EAS, Marshalls and Air Charter Scotland is just B&*lloCKs.

Even if new aircraft do turn up it certainly does not lead naturally to success. It's just an opportunity to persue success.

Phil

TFE731
9th Aug 2006, 08:27
NEA over forty years old and still going (makes the famous five year rule look a bit tame)! They may not be as big as they once were but they are still in there.

HS-125
9th Aug 2006, 18:22
From my personal opinion (and experience!) I like to think LEA is up near the top - also smaller operators such as MAS and Gold Air should also be up there with the "big operators".

They may be small companies, but they sure are up there with the top guns!

Simon. :O

Phil Brockwell
9th Aug 2006, 18:29
Think we need to get a definition of successful.

Any ideas.

r-kite
10th Aug 2006, 10:04
Good point. By successful, I mean a combination of
- Safety
- Financially stable / profitable - must be to ensure future viability
- Operationally - planes in the air
- Good management (happy staff!)

SiTurn
14th Aug 2006, 10:31
If you are talking about MAS it must be a different company to the one I have known..!!

Any one hear about there great 'customer service' during the World Cup???? Called a customer 3 days before an England match to say that even though they had booked their excel 6 months prior, they would not be flying them to Germany as they had double booked the aircraft by 'accident' and so they couldnt go to the game......'sorry'...........:=

Looooong haul
16th Aug 2006, 08:30
Good point. By successful, I mean a combination of
- Safety
- Financially stable / profitable - must be to ensure future viability
- Operationally - planes in the air
- Good management (happy staff!)

Sounds like a good list to me! Would extend the planes in the air to quality of the planes in the air!

Bus_Bar
16th Aug 2006, 14:58
Having chartered through many of the UK bizjet operators over many years, in terms of service/pricing/financial stability/fleet, from the South-East corner of the UK, LEA are excellent.

jimbob69
16th Aug 2006, 15:40
Having chartered through many of the UK bizjet operators over many years, in terms of service/pricing/financial stability/fleet, from the South-East corner of the UK, LEA are excellent.
I agree, LEA have a large fleet and are reasonably priced. The drawbacks we have seen are the inflexibility in terms of service and approach. maybe this comes from having such a large fleet.

I also heard recently that MAS may be getting some of the LEA aircraft after doing a deal with one of the LEA owners.

Does anyone know the truth behind this?

Phil Brockwell
16th Aug 2006, 15:41
OK, just to put the cat amongst the pigeons, which are the worst?

Phil

Bus_Bar
16th Aug 2006, 15:49
OK, just to put the cat amongst the pigeons, which are the worst?

Phil

Food for thought Phil.

While thinking on this point, ponder this.

Who are likely to hit the wall in the next 6-12 months?

Phil Brockwell
16th Aug 2006, 15:53
Apart from the well documented Gregg Air saga, I think the operators should be OK. Predicting some of the newer brokers to give up soon, perhaps that background in party planning was not such a good grounding for being a broker after all!!

Bus_Bar
16th Aug 2006, 15:58
Apart from the well documented Gregg Air saga, I think the operators should be OK. Predicting some of the newer brokers to give up soon, perhaps that background in party planning was not such a good grounding for being a broker after all!!

That Humanities degree better suited to a contact centre. Too many one-man bands too numerous to mention, lacking in resources, experience, manpower. Does the industry no good when the client suffers at the hands of someone elses learning curve....

Phil Brockwell
16th Aug 2006, 16:24
The avinode school of aircraft chartering!

Bus_Bar
16th Aug 2006, 16:25
Time for a thread on charter brokers......

Phil Brockwell
16th Aug 2006, 16:27
Nibbling the hand that feeds?

Bus_Bar
16th Aug 2006, 16:32
a risk indeed. No intent to slate names, moreover a thread on who is most prevalent/experienced/clued up.....

Phil Brockwell
16th Aug 2006, 16:41
Well...if I ever get to need the services of a charter broker myself it would be a choice of 2.

P

Bus_Bar
16th Aug 2006, 16:45
I was thinking more from the Operators perspective, as to how they find their dealings with the numerous organisations that now exist within the UK market

Looooong haul
17th Aug 2006, 09:33
as to how they find their dealings with the numerous organisations

Organisations and brokers is a bit of contradicting :rolleyes:

Too many rolodex one man bands :rolleyes:

Raethmeon
17th Aug 2006, 22:22
The Worst........ It maybe worth thinking about the number of dubious "AOC" accredited operations that are starting up and happening.

Since when has it been legal to operate a single engine charter operation within UK airspace? Sorry..... No such thing anymore.... German Airspace!:ooh:

Phil Brockwell
18th Aug 2006, 08:59
Single engine charter operation is no prob as long as only in VFR situations.

Phil

sinistar
18th Aug 2006, 16:41
To have mentioned the likes of MAS, Greggair or Gold Air as anywhere near 'successful' just goes to illustrate what complete lack of understanding or knowledge one has about our industry. What I wouldn't do it put these three in the same pot; for very different reasons they shouldn't be considered successful. Maybe one day one of them will... the others well... think about it ;)

Raethmeon
18th Aug 2006, 19:44
I must be reading the rule book wrong then, I connot recal seeing any single engine aircraft being legally utilised on an AOC for air charter work....
Can you point me in the right direction where you found this info Phil. It will maybe settle an interesting discusion outside of here. Ta

Daifly
18th Aug 2006, 20:30
Public Transport flying on Single Engined aircraft is entirely legal.

Technically, if a Flying School wants to provide "sightseeing" flights, then it has to have an AOC. Most get around it with "trial lessons", but technically they should have an AOC.

The reason there aren't thousands of companies doing SE Charter is demand - there isn't much of it. AirMed operate Caravans on their AOC. It's quite restrictive because of the CAA's ruling on SEIFR however, limiting flying to daylight VFR, but it is legal.

Plus quite a few charter helicopters (Squirrels, JetRangers) are single engined...

rightbank
18th Aug 2006, 21:08
I've done SE AOC work myself years ago. I'm not sure is the rules have changed since but it used to be purely A to A flights (i.e. take off and land at the same airfield) and no more than a certain distance from the departure airfield (memory says 60nm but might be wrong). A-B flights and IFR flying totally prohibited. This is not much use for a "proper charter flight"

SHOMENREI
19th Oct 2006, 20:54
If you are talking about MAS it must be a different company to the one I have known..!!

Any one hear about there great 'customer service' during the World Cup???? Called a customer 3 days before an England match to say that even though they had booked their excel 6 months prior, they would not be flying them to Germany as they had double booked the aircraft by 'accident' and so they couldnt go to the game......'sorry'...........:=

M.A.S was expecting another Citation Excel which now arrives April 2007. To be fair, Mr Matthews paid this "customer" an extra £3500 to goon Club 328's D328.

Better aircraft, at his cost, not yours.

Customer service really that bad??

I think M.A.S has always honered our business, and we are a major client.

Phil Brockwell
20th Oct 2006, 06:47
Shomenrei,

That may have been the solution to one of the dire let downs, however, I am personally aware of more than one occasion that clients, including myself were let down at the 11th hour with no substitute aircraft, and no financial recompense.

Lets not pretend that this was an isolated incident. You don't get a reputation like MAS have from one single event.

Phil