PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else missing Agony Aunt?

CherokeeDriver
4th Aug 2006, 08:37
Well it's Friday morning and I am recovering from the night before. Whilst I munch on me bacon sarnie I used to love reading AA and especially the girls (Whirls and Six amongst others) comments. G-CPTN also used to make some interesting points. Anyone else feel that PPRuNe is just missing something nowerdays?

surely not
4th Aug 2006, 09:05
Not at all

chadwick
4th Aug 2006, 09:16
What about the Tall lady and her upsetting the Rich man!

Better than reality TV!

planeenglish
4th Aug 2006, 09:17
I didn't know it was missing...:O

Capt.KAOS
4th Aug 2006, 10:13
Wots Agony Aunt?

AcroChik
4th Aug 2006, 10:18
What about the Tall lady and her upsetting the Rich man!

Call me young, innocent and naive, but I've always assumed people making a point of flaunting their wealth, fancy cars and fabulous homes on the internet are maybe exaggerating just a little bit.

Captb747
4th Aug 2006, 11:01
I miss it. Does anyone know why it was taken away???

airship
4th Aug 2006, 12:11
If I remember correctly, there was a banner ad running on PPRuNe a few weeks ago for some outfit offering psychiatric services (or summat) to aircrew. Maybe that's why they took the "free" service away...?! :(

Octopussy2
4th Aug 2006, 14:28
An affection for Agony Aunt has turned into "the love that dare not speak its name" - wait for another attack from the mods that binned it.

For what it's worth, yes I miss it.

cavortingcheetah
4th Aug 2006, 15:56
:hmm:

Columns of the agony aunt variety have no place in the mens' world of aviation today!:p

colmac747
4th Aug 2006, 16:23
Well, if there is to be no more Agony Aunt, how about an Agony Uncle?:E

Names....:8

G-CPTN
4th Aug 2006, 16:27
So do you want us to sit on your knee, Colmac?
Promise it won't be agony . . .

Foss
4th Aug 2006, 16:40
There are those of us who don't need agony aunt.
I can talk to my beloved partner, then have a cry 'cause she's not listening.
I can talk to rugger bugger mates, who don't care.
I can talk to yachty mates, who don't care.
I can talk to work mates, yeah right.
I can talk to myself. At least I listen. :{

Fos

airship
4th Aug 2006, 17:00
Ooooh uncle Colmac, you've got your Leatherman in your pocket haven't you?! Please, may I play with it... ;)

PS. I talk to my pudicats Fos... :8

planeenglish
4th Aug 2006, 17:03
There are those of us who don't need agony aunt.
I can talk to my beloved partner, then have a cry 'cause she's not listening.
I can talk to rugger bugger mates, who don't care.
I can talk to yachty mates, who don't care.
I can talk to work mates, yeah right.
I can talk to myself. At least I listen. :{
Fos
I'm sorry, did you hear something? :p

G-CPTN
4th Aug 2006, 17:19
If a 'lady' offers you to go with her to play with her puppies and her pussy, ask to see the puppies FIRST before you get into the car.
A genuine 'lady' will always show you her puppies first before she shows you her pussy.

airship
4th Aug 2006, 17:26
I'll bear that in mind G-CPTN! And the next time I see an attractive woman with a nodding doggie in the back, I'll...ask her if she'll show me her pussy - if it's genuine...?! ;)

Rick Storm
4th Aug 2006, 18:42
Few weeks ago (while flying) I met this very nice young lady on my flight I was F/O our eyes met, I just knew we would be together that night. As 'luck would have it' we stopped over at the same hotel, saw her in the bar, the night went fantastic. Back to my room, need I say more?

She told me she was a virgin, it's three weeks later now and I got some kind of warts on my willy. What should I do?

Rick (hurts when I pee)

Foss
4th Aug 2006, 18:42
Talk to my dog all the time, she just just looks at me bemuzzed.
Mostly sitsitsit
Dog: 'Where's my biscuit you [email protected]' 'Oh look, a blade of grass, better sniff that'. 'Oh look, seaweed, let's eat it'. 'Oh look that at blue stuff, let's jump in, (gurgle) (cough) How the crap are you meant to get out this stuff.' 'Why is he shouting..'

Fos aka Dr Doolitle (1 t or two.. no idea)

Fos

lexxity
4th Aug 2006, 19:13
Rick she said she worked for Virgin........

Danny, please don't ban me.

airship
4th Aug 2006, 19:19
She told me she was a virgin... Yer can tell a real virgin - she'll always bleedin' say "please, be gentle" even if she doesn't really mean it... :E

colmac747
4th Aug 2006, 19:23
Back to my room, need I say more?

You fell asleep?!

Bucket
18th Aug 2006, 17:53
Just where has AA gone. Nobody seems to know (or care??!!!). I well miss it and PM's to moderators have so far turned up nowt.

Any news, any one?

Bucket

timmcat
18th Aug 2006, 18:36
Colmac, over on another not totally unrelated site, there is an agony uncle who has a certain 'no nonsense' way of dealing with problems...