PDA

View Full Version : Adelaide - What to expect

fastflaps40
4th Aug 2006, 01:06
Hello all,

Just got the go ahead for an early 2007 start.

Wondering if people can help with the Adelaide experience. I think it is a week of Duchess then 3 weeks of JTS with HKCAD exams throughout.

Thanks to everyone who posts on the site!

Cheers fastflaps40.

C172Driver
4th Aug 2006, 01:16
You seem to know what to expect.

You have a couple of days on the Duchess to get your HK endorsements on it day and night.

You do about a weeks theory for whatever subjects you are required by HKCAD, the amount of subjects vary, they aren't very hard, the school and Cadets will help you out.

JTS takes up the majority of the time, and is probably the challenging bit, but largely depends on your background and previous experience. US and Canadian crew in general find it more difficult because of the radio calls...just straightening habits really. Then before you know it, you're back in Hong Kong!

fastflaps40
4th Aug 2006, 01:20
I am an OZ I know dont hold it against me. What exams need to be done to convert an OZ licence?

Are they held at the college? is it over the net?

Thanks

backspace
4th Aug 2006, 04:00
HKG CAD will let you know while you are in ADL. What exams depends on your experience but expect at least 3 or 4 and, unless its cahnged, the exams are done at the CAD offices in the first month after you get to HKG and before you start your type course.