PDA

View Full Version : JFK 'radar'

dontpickit
3rd Aug 2006, 21:04
Not one for 'tech log'! Impressive nevertheless, especially when zoomed out to 80 miles. The map of course is not the territory and the aircraft symbols are miles wide. The image is 10 minutes behind present.

http://www4.passur.com/jfk.html

Page with links to other 'Airportmonitor' images:

http://www.passur.com/sites.htm

Ant
3rd Aug 2006, 21:50
Impressive indeed. At 80 miles, there's a scary amount of those 'creepy crawlies'.. that's what they look like!

It occurred to me that if I were an ATC person coming on shift and seeing that lot on the screen I'd go "Holy...joy!"

Mucho respecto.

Lon More
3rd Aug 2006, 21:57
Ant - actually it's several sectors (Centre and Approach) although an 80nm sector is not too big

Mind you it might give a TV person an idea for a documentary :\

jay_hl
4th Aug 2006, 11:16
Cant get the website to work. Get the page with the title bar but nothing else? Any ideas folks? Think it might need a plug in!

green granite
4th Aug 2006, 11:51
Cant get the website to work. Get the page with the title bar but nothing else? Any ideas folks? Think it might need a plug in!

You need java scripts running

seacue
4th Aug 2006, 11:57
passur has similar sites for each of the five NYC-area airports [EWR,HPN,JFK,LGA,TEB] as well as a number of others... BOS, LAX, etc.

Just replace the "JFK" is the above link with that of another airport.

lexxity
4th Aug 2006, 12:57
I like the LAX one, I never realised LAX was so close to the coast! Which would explain the peasouper we landed in back in March 2004.:ouch:

HowlingWind
4th Aug 2006, 14:38
I noticed that some of the individual flight displays show the origin and destination in ICAO codes, others with IATA codes (and one that showed origin in ICAO and destination in IATA!). Anybody know why the inconsistency? :confused:

planeenglish
4th Aug 2006, 14:59
One of those blue creepy crawlies is Capt. planeenglish! :) :ok: :sad:

Mr Lexx
4th Aug 2006, 18:04
nice website, one has just forgotten to make tea!