PDA

View Full Version : EY Smoking?

cantilever
3rd Aug 2006, 18:57
:confused: Can someone please clarify if EY pilots are allowed to smoke inflight, I spoke with a guy in a hotel bar and he told me it had the managements blessing, however spoke with another guy today and he tells me it has been stopped.:=

Surely you could smell it in the forward cabin?
Anyone care to clarify

(please guys not an other childish ex EY employees slagging match!)

QRCC2B
3rd Aug 2006, 19:58
Probably true as I have a friend who is CC with EY and he told me he had a smoke with the pilots in cockpit not too long time ago.

QRCC2B

Herbsnspices
4th Aug 2006, 08:30
I am afraid I will have to stand firm on company policy here, smoking is not allowed on-board any EY aircraft at anytime!

Those who are not abiding by this policy are infringing CAA regulation and this issue could certainly be escalated to other relevant authorities and this would affect EY's landing rights and certification.

Again if it has the management's blessing, then someone may have been smoking illegal substances when making this decision and this could also lead to a serious allegation that EY is a company run by unprofessional people and this is absolutely not true!

Yeah!

pinkus
6th Aug 2006, 12:59
this could also lead to a serious allegation that EY is a company run by unprofessional people and this is absolutely not true!

No not true at all :rolleyes:

It depends on the flight deck but yes a good share off the boys smoke in the cockpit.

kamaciwa
6th Aug 2006, 18:29
Herb said....
Those who are not abiding by this policy are infringing CAA regulation and this issue could certainly be escalated to other relevant authorities and this would affect EY's landing rights and certification.

Herb,
What a bull.....

babafly
10th Aug 2006, 14:56
so anyone works for an airline that allows smoking?:confused:

alloha
12th Aug 2006, 21:37
so anyone works for an airline that allows smoking?:confused:

Certainly!!!My airline.Officialy its not allowed but consider the fact that 80% of the crews are active smokers gives an idea of the unofficial situation:D :ok:
Did i mention the airline? Olympic!!!

miss petal
13th Aug 2006, 14:28
How do I know regarding the smoking pilots?

My friend was on the flight, no sorry she was on the cockpit, yup sitting on the jumpseat. Together with some guy sitting next to her.

She told me both of the pilots smoking non stop and also wondering around in the cabin during the flight.

Nice eh...

miss petal
13th Aug 2006, 14:30
She was passengering, she's not EY crew and no idea about the other guy.
Geneva - Abu Dhabi

411A
13th Aug 2006, 22:29
Other airlines allow smoking on the FD?

Positively.
Nothing better than having three guys (a 'proper' aeroplane, with a Flight Engineer) puffing away, two with Fidel's best Havanas.

Ahhhh, so nice!:E