PDA

View Full Version : OFT - Pathfinder

hifonics
3rd Aug 2006, 18:57
Hi All

There have been a few posts that I have found on here about the 2 or 3 modules or the ATPL subjects, and I have a bit of a problem. I wanted to do the 3 module route that Cabair do under the pathfinder route. The problem is, I really wanted to get out of the UK for a while. Bournemouth didn't seam too appealing to me. I did the PPL in the UK and managed to get onto the Naples career pilot program, which the guy who I spoke to really sounded pleasant and confident. I was quite happy with my decision, although the rumours on here were rather worrying..

I called Naples last week to ask a question about accommodation and found out that guy that I spoke to before has left, and the person I got on the phone didn't really make a lot of sense to me. I had seen the rumour here that Orlando flight training were starting the ATPL. Now I've seen the advert at the top of pprune so it must be true, and they are showing Cabair on there too. So now I'm a little confused!

I don't want to get into "mud slinging" but I would like to know what people have found about the pathfinder system, and do you think I should move to them? I'm not sure what would happen to my deposit with naples, but even if I lost it, I would still save 500 dollars on the course, plus the accommodation seams pretty good value, as you get your own room and bathroom too. Anybody stayed in this accommodation?

All info greatly received.

Hifonics