PDA

View Full Version : PIRA Video

miles offtarget
3rd Aug 2006, 16:24
Does anyone know where I can get hold of a web link to that famous video of PIRA opening up upon, and failing to hit, a Lynx or two from the square in XMG sometime in the late 80's or early nineties. I have looked on google and doubt whether it exists, however I wondered whether anyone might remember having seen it recently.

If I recall correctly the IntO at EGAA told us that it was taken by chance by a visiting French TV crew, or something along those lines.

Anyway, all steers gratefully received.

Cheers,

MoT

ChristopherRobin
3rd Aug 2006, 18:31
5 Regt AAC might have a copy as they have used it on briefings - it wasn't taken from XMG btw - and they didn't fail to hit it if I recall. The full story is not for a public forum however...

mutleyfour
4th Aug 2006, 07:42
Check your pm's

ExGrunt
4th Aug 2006, 08:09
Miles,

There are two videos:

1. Taken by PIRA in the Silverbridge area of them firing on a lynx from a hill top with 12.7mm DShK, RPG and sundry other small arms.

2. Taken outside the health centre in XMG with two DShK mounted in a box body on the back of a Toyota Hilux. IIRC the TV crew was told to be at the health centre.

I presume you mean the latter.

EG

miles offtarget
4th Aug 2006, 14:48
Ex Grunt

Yes I did mean that one, although a link to either vid would be useful. The other was a PIRA propaganda production and I remember the outcome by the lakes well.

I understand the comment that this subject might not be suitable for a public forum, but I am choosing my words carefully.

If either of these vids are not in the public domain, and I am barking up the wrong tree, then I'll gladly 'beadwindow', please just tell me to shut up.

All help gratefully received, and thanks again.

MoT