PDA

View Full Version : Freedom Air

sebby
3rd Aug 2006, 03:05
Can anyone tell me what the freedom air pay and DTA is and where they overnight and how many they get per month?..

Thanks!

sebby
5th Aug 2006, 11:30
Come on help me!!!!

GorgeousKiwiGal
7th Aug 2006, 14:27
Freedom Air and Air New Zealand have now all but become one hun. So that may be why you aren't getting any replies.

As you no doubt know, Freedom Air (SJ) is a subsidary or Air NZ. But now SJ have taken over all of Air NZs A320 services. The crew are now trained the Air New Zealand way and are basically Air New Zealand now, with the occasional SJ flight thrown in for good measure.

The entire base/operation/crew now come under the umbrella "Zeal 320". So no more solely Freedom ... it's all mixed now. Thus we wear Air NZ uniforms, are trained at the Air NZ training centre, by NZ trainers and have Air NZ badges etc. We just have a SJ contract.

OK, so now to the stuff you wanted to know. The pay rate is approx $25,000 with approx $4.60 an hour TOD (DTA) pay. We are averaging about 5-7 overnights per month at the AKL base, but the CHC base receives a lot more.

We currently overnight in Sydney, Brisbane, Dunedin, Christchurch, Wellington, Palmerston North, Hamilton and Auckland (depending on where you are based). We are also going to be starting Rarotonga overnights in the near future. For BNE and SYD overnights we receive cash allowances. The SYD overnight is popular as the allowances are rather generous.

Zeal 320 flies to Sydney, Melbourne, Coolangatta, Brisbane, Cairns, Adelaide, Tonga, Samoa, New Caledonia, Fiji, Vanuatu (coming soon), and Norfolk Island.

I hope I have managed to answer some of your questions for you - if you have any more - just let me know.

sebby
7th Aug 2006, 23:04
Brilliant.... thanks heaps, i knew all the zeal stuff but thought if i wrote all of that I would have more qyuestions thrown at me by others then answers.... :ugh:

I turned down a position with them earlier in the year and the email has come again askng if i would be interested, i think i would be!

Thanks for your help... can you explain PER to me??? I am originally from there and would love ot get back :)

sebby
8th Aug 2006, 00:32
Thanks Leane - its definitely more appealling than my current contract :yuk:
earlier it was just a timing thing that kept me from taking it but now that i am settled in kiwiland I think it is going to be a lot more rewarding!

Cheers.

wings78
15th Aug 2006, 02:23
Hi All

Just wondering if anyone could indicate what the money is like after tax a fortnight please?

Thank you all in advance.

X J:cool:

sebby
15th Aug 2006, 03:48
Sift through the other threads for "freedom air pay etc"...

Are you thinking of applying?

wings78
15th Aug 2006, 04:37
I have applied and going for an interview this week.

Do you work for them?

X J

sebby
15th Aug 2006, 05:06
No I dont, I am with Jetconnect. I got a job with them earlier in the year and turned it down, but am now looking to maybe go back. All the renumeration and such is revealed at your interview.

Let me know how you get on! Good Luck! :ok:

GorgeousKiwiGal
17th Aug 2006, 16:07
You chose Jetconnect over Zeal 320/Freedom/Air NZ Sebby? Are you crazy, lol. No, just kidding.

Having worked for both companies I know where I'd rather be. Better pay at SJ, definitely better colleagues (though there's always one or two bad eggs) and awesome destinations and newer aircraft - you can't go wrong really :).

I messaged you about the pay privately. Good luck! I am sure you won't need it.

GorgeousKiwiGal
17th Aug 2006, 16:51
Heya Sebby, yep definitely go for it. You won't look back. Are you currently with JC l/h or s/h?

The PER flights are just double bangers - there and back. But there are rumours flying around (excuse the pun) that we will overnight there. And if not, then we have excellent staff travel to make the most of anyway:ok: .

koru_kid
21st Aug 2006, 01:58
I'm NZ longhaul - unless SJ/"Zeal" crew have secretly been informed they're taking over our 767 flights, you'll have difficulty getting to Perth, since the A320 doesn't have nearly the range to make it. I just did a Perth trip last week - it's a longhaul crew trip, operated by a longhaul aircraft, and has an overnight/2 night layover.

sebby
21st Aug 2006, 10:18
Ya know Korukid that was going to be my next question. . . I have always known to this day that the 767 does that trip and thought oh ok maybe they are cross crewing - but cool you have answered that for me. :ok:

Perhaps GKG you were referring to ADL returns??

GorgeousKiwiGal
22nd Aug 2006, 08:13
I do appologise. Yes, I did in fact mean ADL flights, not PER!

sebby
22nd Aug 2006, 08:18
Cool - yer currently do ADL returns, long day esp as you cant get off the aircraft in ADL :mad: . (except into the aerobridge :mad: :mad: :mad: ).

Oh and im SH GKG... didnt take SJ cos of the contract thing and at the time the uniform at Jetconnect was a little more appealing than the yellow - but that has changed now obviously :cool:

:ok:

GorgeousKiwiGal
25th Aug 2006, 15:12
LOL! When I was with J/C we were in the good ole Navy 80's style uniform - I still have it actually. But yeah, when we moved in to the Morrissy uniform it was awesome. Still miss that uniform when I see it around the place.

Yeah the ADLs are killers - lol. We are usually able to get off the plane with no worries though?? Mind you I have only done one ADL thus far, fortunately we're lucky if we get one every two rosters!

Hey Sebby, don't know if you could do me a small favour? A friend of mine just went for an interview with my airline missed out unfortunately. I think she was just too nervous, but with the interview experience I am sure she would do better in her next interview. Do you have the QF J/C L/H or S/H website addy that I can pass on.

Thanks hun :ok:

sebby
25th Aug 2006, 23:43
Hey GKG - hmm im going to speak to the union about you guys being able to get off in adl, we have been told that NZ crew could but we thought it was just a rumour.

Yes of course I can give you those details, www.jetconnectrecruit.co.nz (http://www.jetconnectrecruit.co.nz) , LH will have another round before December apparently and AKL SH is apparently having recruitment in September. If she wants to be a FA and live the lifestyle etc tell her to go LH. SH is a drag and its not very easy to cross over. All the best :)

wings78
31st Aug 2006, 00:37
Hi All

Got through the interview and start training in September.

Thanks all for your help.

X J:cool:

GorgeousKiwiGal
31st Aug 2006, 05:38
WHOO HOO! Congratulations Wings!!

I'll see you out on line soon ;o).

GorgeousKiwiGal
31st Aug 2006, 05:51
Heya Sebby, thanks heaps for all your help! You're a doll :o).

I keep telling my friend to go for l/h, but she's a CHC gal and wants to stay down there.

I have several friends here that have just got in to J/C l/h and are leaving within the next few weeks. Seems everyone is making the move over there!

sebby
31st Aug 2006, 10:21
No worries gkg,

Yay just got an invite to Freedom walk in day next week!!

If your friend will be based in chc its now likely she will be with jetconnect/jetstar which is :yuk: !!

sebby
31st Aug 2006, 10:22
Congrats.. I hope I have the same luck!! :ok:

GorgeousKiwiGal
4th Sep 2006, 05:10
Go for it Sebby! You seem like an awesome person, we'd love to have you over here.

I am going for ISM soon ... fingers and toes crossed I get it :)

GorgeousKiwiGal
4th Sep 2006, 05:19
Oh really? Damn ... she went for an interview with us but didn't get it ... I might have to speak to the bosses, pull a few strings and see if she can get another interview with us, if Jetconnect/Jetstar CHC is that bad.

Congratulations on the walk in day invite! WHOO HOO! If you'd like any help as to the questions that are asked etc please feel free to ask and I'll be only to happy to help you out.

You're an Aussie right? I think a third of our crew are too! LOL! Our base manager is an Aussie (ex Jetconnect s/h) and some of my best friends here are too ... so you'll be a welcome addition.

The thing I love about Zeal/Air NZ/Freedom is the positivity and professionalism. These guys really know their stuff, are super supportive and are awesome at their jobs. The crew are so close and it's just a great place to be.

Good luck and all the best ... let me know how you go! :ok:

sebby
4th Sep 2006, 07:53
Hey thanks for your kind words GKG...

Will let you know how I get on! Would AKL base manager be KB? Ive heard much about her, firm but fair which is great to hear.

Yer im an aussie... need to be happier to stay here in kiwiland, hopefully this will work for me! :)

Cheers!

overhere
4th Sep 2006, 23:14
The AKL Base Manager is KB - she is fantastic to work for.

sebby
7th Sep 2006, 11:45
Hey - just an update have my second assessment in 2 weeks.

Fingers crossed and watch this space... im off to bed now to dream of handing in my resignation to jetconnect :p

:D :ok:

jetkiwi
14th Sep 2006, 04:56
good on you sebby... good luck!
only been with us a few months but have already seen the light :O
sometimes it's like banging your :mad: head against a :mad: brick wall at J/C :ugh:

GorgeousKiwiGal
15th Sep 2006, 09:35
Going from J/C to SJ/NZ (there are a cpl dozen ex J/C boys and gals here), I can definitely confirm that we are treated a heck of a lot better here!

The opportunities for promotion, training positions and personal advancement are awesome, the crew are fantastic and the base managers are wonderful! And of course that awesome staff travel rocks our socks. $420 return to London, $75 return to AU and Fiji, $350 return to LA - can't complain! :D :E

GorgeousKiwiGal
15th Sep 2006, 09:55
Yes, the base manager is KB.

She is awesome. A pleasure to work for. Very professional, tough, but fair. And an Aussie like yourself Sebbs! :)

sebby
15th Sep 2006, 12:00
Thanks guys - i will keep you updated! :8 \

xx