PDA

View Full Version : Israel - Nuclear Weapons

Shitsu_Tonka
2nd Aug 2006, 22:23
With an increasing Hezbelloh response, one wonders what it comes to before Israel drops one of it's (America's) Nukes on Southern Lebanon to help speed up creating their new 'safety buffer zone'.

Is it just the radiation drift south that is stopping them? Or do Dubya and Condi have to give them the diagonal nod first?

It obviously isn't the worry about innocent civilian deaths - I mean, we have already well and truly put that small concern to bed right?

Is it just me, or is this war the absolute opposite way for Israel to gain security for it's borders?

And before you start accusing me of being anti-Jewish state, you couldnt be further from the truth - I just think their actions are worsening their longevity.

Unwell_Raptor
2nd Aug 2006, 22:36
One of the reasons (but not the only one) why nuclear powers do not use their weapons is geography. Israel would have to feel itself in danger of annihilation before the game was worth the candle. India and Pakistan are a bit too close to use nukes unless something special has happened. The UK never thought of nuking Buenos Aires, and the US can't really nuke North Korea because it has South Korea and China on its borders. Iran is hard to call - but they aren't ready yet anyway.

Since the fall of the USSR big nukes have become increasingly irrrelevant.

tony draper
2nd Aug 2006, 22:36
America's Nukes?,I believe they were home grown with the help of the French Brits and America and quite a few others ,read something interesting a while back the 1997 estimate of Israels nuclear capability, it has the high side of the estimate 400 on low side 200 deliverable nuclear, thermo nuclear, enhanced radiation, and tactical warheads, and probably already have a Missile with Mirv capability, not folks to be messed with are yer Red Sea pedestrians.
:rolleyes:

Buster Hyman
2nd Aug 2006, 23:44
I think that if they used them, we'd see the first example of M.A.D.:(

Sunglasses anyone?:cool: