PDA

View Full Version : Cathay London Base

cyn_sou
2nd Aug 2006, 14:59
Hi everyone,

I just received a call from CX, which offer an interview to on next month:) . But i'm not too sure about their salary and flight location. Anyone know is Cathay offer basic salary + hourly wages + allowance? or just hourly wages + allowance?

I currently have 1 full time job as invoicing admin and 1 part time job as waitress. Do you think CX can offer the wages over £360 per week?
Also are they offer the flight between london and hong kong only? As i know if only flight to hong kong, the allowance won't be much.

My brother studying as oversea student in london at the moment, i need to use most of my salary to support him :uhoh: , so if CX can't offer the money i'm earning now, i may not go for the interview. Please give me some advise guys!!!!!

Cyn

Eddie_Crane
3rd Aug 2006, 16:45
flight between london and hong kong only?
Hi, I know someone who went to LHR to the CX interview for London-based CC two months ago. Yes, London based CC fly only London-HKG-London.
Don't know about the other details, sorry.

Dreaming for VS
3rd Aug 2006, 16:46
Hi! cyn_sou,

For you concern, money, as LHR based CX crews, it would not be much.
I can't tell you the exact amount, but I am so sure, heard from the old colleague based in London, they told me it was too little.
Especially, only flight to HKG, means you always stay in CX's hotel, allowance is not so much, and you stay far away from downtown... there is nothing much around the hotel.

If money is what you are looking for... it doensn't seem to be a wise choice.
If seeing more differences is what you are expecting, sorry, it's quite bored.

But, why don't you try and ask CX how's the salary? Then decide whether you go further with their interview?

cyn_sou
4th Aug 2006, 14:13
Thanks for your information guyz, i think i will go for the interview, just to gain more interview experience. I have also applied for qantas and air NZ, i hope they will offer me an interview. :)

shining star
5th Aug 2006, 11:48
Thanks for your information guyz, i think i will go for the interview, just to gain more interview experience. I have also applied for qantas and air NZ, i hope they will offer me an interview. :)

I think it's fair for people to know how much you will be paid before taking the job. Typically you get paid around £700 after tax(more likely to be slightly under) for 3 and half return sectors to HK, HKD 3670 allowance for each stay. London crew mainly operates afternoon flight which will arrive in HK around 2pm. You will stay in CX headland hotel for the next day and fly back late on the following day.It's ok if your just taking it as a part-time job as you will only work around 70-80 hours a month as opposed to 35 a week in a nornal 9-5 job. First month's pay can be as low as shocking £585 a month, please be sure to stock up enough beans and bread if you decide to go for the job. :}