PDA

View Full Version : BMED - Whats the news?

angeloflight
2nd Aug 2006, 14:10
With increasing rumours of A340's being purchased in the near future, does anyone know whether the rumour is true and what other destinations they will have? :)

apaddyinuk
4th Aug 2006, 21:37
Well I hate to be the one who says it but with the current crises in the middle east I seriously doubt any such developments will be taking place!

pips
5th Aug 2006, 18:36
I dont think that bmed with be getting any long range a/c in the very
near future as they have serious cash flow problem at the moment,and the middle east crises have added to that problem.

tofster
6th Aug 2006, 10:48
This rumour has been going around Bmed before, during and even after flying for them! Think it is a case of believe it when it happens. Is the rumour about BA buying Bmed still going around too?:}

angeloflight
9th Aug 2006, 15:42
Yeah, that rumour is still going round. :hmm:

News has just come in, Dakar in the Senegal and Freetown in Sierra Leone are new routes for BMED from the 30th October 2006.

SuperBoy
11th Aug 2006, 06:51
Yeah, that rumour is still going round. :hmm:

News has just come in, Dakar in the Senegal and Freetown in Sierra Leone are new routes for BMED from the 30th October 2006.

Oh how I miss BMED... :E:E:E:E

oneroam
11th Aug 2006, 20:08
I have a few contacts at BMED but nothing has been said about doing charter flights out of Gatwick for BA, so please tell us more!!! Oh and where are the new desinations then too?!

exmax
12th Aug 2006, 04:41
I haven't heard anything about charter flights from LGW either but as per the website, there were was an operation to assist in getting people out of Lebanon. I think they flew passengers from Cyprus into LGW, both routes are not normally served by Bmed.

Gatwick07
12th Aug 2006, 08:37
Do BMED have super A321's? I'm amazed the distance they can travel!!! Obviously they manage it! In GB Airways a flight to Cyprus and back means we run out of water. I thought the A321 had quite a short range. A flight to Sierra Leone is between 5.5 and 6 hours.

pips
12th Aug 2006, 09:34
:ok: :ok:

BMED just got a new A321 , and two new routes starting in october .
Yes I admit there not the most sexy destination's but at least it's keeping
the cash flow , Which is fine . So don't worry BMED will still be flying high
in the near future and BMED is just about to start operating charter flight's out of Gatwick for BA ..So watch this space !!. And be happy for the little side kick of BA Mainline .

I think you should speak to the balpa reps. bmed last nov very nearly went under thats how serious the cash flow was and it not much better.
2 mths ago bmed had to go to ba with cap in hand and ask ba to release the
tkt money because ba hold any monies for 60days. bmed now get the money after 30 days need i say more.

pips
12th Aug 2006, 13:13
As long as I get my money every month I'm happy , And BMED is still looking for crew etc ..
And they are making more promotions , But to be honest as long as there is a runway in these places ,
BMED will always be there and proud to be part of British Airways .

NEED I SAY MORE !!!

and dont forget about the financial director who was sacked and got a 400pds golden hand shake!. I think you take these threads far to personal bmed lhr .
NEED I SAY MORE!

SuperBoy
13th Aug 2006, 17:02
Pips, was that a 400gbp or 400,000gbps.

I think I can answer this on pips behalf.

GBP 400 severence pay :E

BA CLASSIC
13th Aug 2006, 17:14
and dont forget about the financial director who was sacked and got a 400pds golden hand shake!. I think you take these threads far to personal bmed lhr .
NEED I SAY MORE!

The financial director was sacked from BMED for being lazy , And thats why it took 60 DAYS for BMED to get there cash from BA . It's not BMED needing the money , It's just we now have the right man doing the job !!!
Get your facts right ...Take care and give BMED a break .

pips
13th Aug 2006, 20:27
The financial director was sacked from BMED for being lazy , And thats why it took 60 DAYS for BMED to get there cash from BA . It's not BMED needing the money , It's just we now have the right man doing the job !!!
Get your facts right ...Take care and give BMED a break .

MY FACTS ARE CORRECT BA CLASSIC MAYBE URE A BA WANT TO BE!

Sonic Cruiser
13th Aug 2006, 21:10
Had heard that the FD was the one who discovered that BA keep the cash for 60 days, hence changed it so that BMED got it quicker?

despatch
14th Aug 2006, 20:22
Pips
I think you are one sour apple in the box.Yes bmed is like any other airline.Have its good points and have its bad points.I just think its on the end of the day what you make out of it.I am glad that you are happy in ba goodluck to you but please there is ppl who likes to work for bmed so give out constructive feedbackwhy you did not like to work for the company.For all we know you might have been SH.......I..TE in your work and thats why you did not have a good time there.I have never been in trouble the almost 2 years I have been there.Anyway thats my 2 cents to the story
Happy flying everyone

pips
15th Aug 2006, 16:16
Pips
I think you are one sour apple in the box.Yes bmed is like any other airline.Have its good points and have its bad points.I just think its on the end of the day what you make out of it.I am glad that you are happy in ba goodluck to you but please there is ppl who likes to work for bmed so give out constructive feedbackwhy you did not like to work for the company.For all we know you might have been SH.......I..TE in your work and thats why you did not have a good time there.I have never been in trouble the almost 2 years I have been there.Anyway thats my 2 cents to the story
Happy flying everyone

DONT THINK I WAS SH....I..TE AT MY JOB GOT SENIOR POSTION AFTER 12MTHS OF JOINING BMED. I DIDNT LIKE BMED BECAUSE OF THE SH...I..TE MANAGMENT. CABIN CREW ARE BULLIED BY PMS AND MG ,THE WAY FWD IS A PILE OF CRAP ,SERVICE VERY CHARTER,< and yes did work for charter before bmed> . no respect for crew in any dept within the company ,ops calling you on days off to change dutys etc.

oneroam
15th Aug 2006, 16:21
I agree with you on the bullying which goes on within the company expecially from the PM's and MG. The PM's think they are something special as a couple of them just sit on their bums through out the whole flight, not helping out at all especially when it is a full flight too.

Glad that I am out too!!

teamilkandone
15th Aug 2006, 19:03
spent 18 months there. felt threatened by and revered cos I had more experience than most of crew especially the then MMC. glad I am out tho, good luck to those still there, gonna need it

SuperBoy
15th Aug 2006, 20:01
I have never been in trouble the almost 2 years I have been there.Anyway thats my 2 cents to the story

Please tell me you don't actually speak like that :E

Before people go mad, 'tis just a joke:ok:

Oh and I fully agree with Pips. Bmed has it's good points and bad points, unfortunately alot more bad than good in my eyes.

Just added my 2 cents too. :p

Still have some good friends working for BMED however most of them have starting dates at BA. :cool:

big boy 12
16th Aug 2006, 15:16
lets face it guys this is the worst airline you can work for

fly1605
16th Aug 2006, 16:49
Flights to Sierra Leone will be via Dakar, Senegal. So not quite as far as Sierra Leone but still getting close to the max.

The charters for BA from LGW are true. Whilst the disruption in The Lebanon continues we will be assisting BA from Gatwick. This is beneficial to both companys. It is not unusual for airlines with spare aircraft to offer its services on an ad hoc/semi permanent basis.

Hi

I work for BA at LGW and neither myself nor collegues have heard of BMED operating charter flights for us. GB airways operate all the bucket and spade routes from LGW and the rest are mainline routes that we operate. Where did this information come from then? Thanks:)

SuperBoy
16th Aug 2006, 18:29
It is true that BMED was operating charter flights to Athens from lgw. Not sure if they are still doing it.

jde
17th Aug 2006, 01:56
I tried to Give BMED a fear chance on here , But as I can see everyone wants BMED to Crash and Burn . I'll come back later sometime next year , If I get British Airways and a new screen name .....so pls feel free to bitch BMED I'm off :zzz: :D :D :D

PS. BMED IS FLYING TO BEIRUT TOMMORROW , 17TH AUGUST .
I wish you well and hope you do get into BA but let me just add that most people do not want BMED to 'crash and burn'!! a lot of us really like it here, myself included. I enjoy reading constructive criticism but the bilge on this thread defies belief! any airline is what you make of it, BMED is no better or worse than anything else out there, if it doesn't suit you then just move on. but please don't make silly, untrue and unhelpful comments about the airline because the majority of us actually like working here and are working hard to make it a success.

jde
17th Aug 2006, 02:07
Hi

I work for BA at LGW and neither myself nor collegues have heard of BMED operating charter flights for us. GB airways operate all the bucket and spade routes from LGW and the rest are mainline routes that we operate. Where did this information come from then? Thanks:)
I think the confusion stems from calling the flights 'charter'. BMED have operated a few Adhoc flights for BA over the last 3 weeks from LGW. I operated LGW-EDI-LGW-BOD-LGW 2weeks ago. must say that we were made to feel very welcome at Jubillee House, lots of managers came out to introduce themselves and show us around and the groundstaff could not have been nicer. thanks to all invoved x

Cabingirl
17th Aug 2006, 16:12
i love BMed havent had any bullying or nastiness. im sure theres a few in every airline that like to bully but thats the same anywhere you go. the crew are lovely at bmed and im having a great time working there.
i know people move on but i dont think theres any need to come and write bad things about the company because surely that makes you as bad as your saying they are!
our destinations are what you make of them! :ok: x

Muizenberg
17th Aug 2006, 16:24
Just curious...is the Financial Director who left, the South African one (AS) with no personality?? Seems like BMED has had a good clear out of dead wood recently (no dis-respected intended towards DES, god rest his sole). Is The Perfumed Steamroller still around (aka SW)? And how about the Cabin Crew training manager (ex-BD)?? Maybe they should go next?? BMED would be a better place for all:D

SuperBoy
17th Aug 2006, 22:48
Just curious...is the Financial Director who left, the South African one (AS) with no personality??
Yes

Is The Perfumed Steamroller still around (aka SW)?
Yes

Cabin Crew training manager (ex-BD)??
Yes

Maybe they should go next?? BMED would be a better place for all:D
Yes

Well I think that just about somes it up. :ok::ok::ok::ok:

i love BMed havent had any bullying or nastiness. im sure theres a few in every airline that like to bully but thats the same anywhere you go. the crew are lovely at bmed and im having a great time working there. i know people move on but i dont think theres any need to come and write bad things about the company because surely that makes you as bad as your saying they are!

I think it is fantastic that you are having a great time at BMED and that BMED is so fantastic for you.

Firstly just because you haven't experienced it does not mean it doesn't exist. I could tell you some horror stories but I think you will find out for yourself soon enough.

Secondly sharing an opinion about ones personal experiences whether positive or negative does not necessarily mean that you have lowered your standards (raised for some :p) to reflect those of others.

Good luck to you though, BMED definitely needs more people like you. :ok:

RUMAD
18th Aug 2006, 17:55
Hi im thinking about applying for bmed, they have some very interesting destinations just wondered if any one could tell me what the rostas are like and whats the pay like?

pips
26th Aug 2006, 16:55
I see the bmed brown noses are in the ba news again ,and that vile pm miss
mp. also some good news that flts have started to bey again< good luck guys>

Airmattress
26th Aug 2006, 18:50
The lastest is that GB and BMED are looking to merg, the pilot union have been approached and some pilots have seen the documentation.

jde
26th Aug 2006, 21:03
The lastest is that GB and BMED are looking to merg, the pilot union have been approached and some pilots have seen the documentation.
if I had a penny....:} dont know enough about company economics to know if it makes sense financially for both companies involved.but as Bmed crew we would be worse off money wise with the loss of allowances. but at the end of the day, so long as I have a job! in this industry in the current climate...

BMED LHR
28th Aug 2006, 22:57
I wish you well and hope you do get into BA but let me just add that most people do not want BMED to 'crash and burn'!! a lot of us really like it here, myself included. I enjoy reading constructive criticism but the bilge on this thread defies belief! any airline is what you make of it, BMED is no better or worse than anything else out there, if it doesn't suit you then just move on. but please don't make silly, untrue and unhelpful comments about the airline because the majority of us actually like working here and are working hard to make it a success.

I'm with you sister !!/Brother !! ...The A340 Rumour's are getting stronger , Every time I'm at work everyone is talking about it and just heard there is a big Investor who want's to give us cash ..Galley FM , But we will have to wait and see . And yes I'm back on this website as it's great to pass the time , When your jet lagged .I know Amman is not long haul but to much party time :)

aeulad
29th Aug 2006, 11:39
GB and BMED?

I don't see how that one would work, sounds like another Bmi in the making! BA Connect on some flights, GB full service, and BMED long-haul niche, hmmmm doesn't make sense to me:confused:

Regards

Mike

BMED LHR
29th Aug 2006, 11:55
BMED is not going to merch with GB , I think GB has got more of a chance merging with BA . I'm sure BA own 30/40 % of GB AIRWAYS .

Muizenberg
29th Aug 2006, 16:47
BA relinquised it's 49% stake in GB Airways in 1995. This is when the franchise agreement was born...GT is no more apart of BA than KJ is...