PDA

View Full Version : Rape/Emirates stewardess/Dubai

Hack1
2nd Aug 2006, 12:13
Sincere apologies for posting three independent threads last time - I wasn't aware of the protocol.
J

>>
Hi,

I'm a reporter with The Times of London.

I'm writing a story at the moment about the rape of a 23-year-old British stewardess in Dubai last year.

The incident took place in September, in the Jumeirah district.

I'm wondering if anyone might know the woman, or know someone who knows her.

I'm not sure where she was from in Britain, but she worked for Emirates, and as far as I know, has now returned to her job.

If you do know how I might get in touch with one of her colleagues, I'd be most grateful if you could drop me a line - either by replying here, or e-mailing: [email protected]

Regards,

Jonathan

donpizmeov
2nd Aug 2006, 12:26
Guys please dont provide any info to this fella. I think she has been through enough, without having it all revisited for the whim of this lowlife.

Jonnie, I am sure if she wanted the story told she would approach someone to do it all by herself. Leave her alone.

I am sure Mr and Mrs Richards are very proud of their son, Jonnie, earning a living form the misfortunes of others.:yuk:

Don

4HolerPoler
2nd Aug 2006, 12:30
Please treat this case with the circumspect that it deserves - if you do want to respond then do so out of concern and in the hope that your contribution will have a positive effect on enlightening others to the dangers of just another big city. With a slightly canted judicial system.

4HP

Backwater
2nd Aug 2006, 19:41
Slightly canted? 4HP, you are a diplomat at heart!

Airgus
4th Aug 2006, 01:24
Rumors run daily in Dubai, but as it was mentioned before, please respect the privacy of the poor crew.
It might be an investigation open, Dubai is very strict with that.
Company knows about it and they acted/are acting in a proffesional way.
Colleagues know about it, but they remain quiet & respectfull.

With this kind of life you run risk everywhere in the world.

I would reccomend you to contact authorities in Dubai or Emirates Security Group to get facts for a formal investigation, doing it thru this forum you won't get real information, people can exagerate it or can lie. And this is a serious topic.

But respect this person, think how would you feel if this person was one of your relatives... how would your relative or yourself feel/react when reading an article in the newspaper about the worst of the nightmares...
And remember, this is an airline forum...

ratpoison
4th Aug 2006, 04:48
Company knows about it and they acted/are acting in a proffesional way
That, is total crap. The scumbag is back on line as if nothing happened, chest out, shoulders back and she has been hauled over the coals for reporting it to the Thai police instead of quote " immediately contacting the company and having them deal with it". What a f***ed up country.

fatbus
4th Aug 2006, 06:23
rat, you might be thinking of a different case

CAYNINE
4th Aug 2006, 06:24
errr.... not sure what your smoking behind the toilet block rat, but, I think he's refering to the Brit lass attacked in the desert by a more home grown nationality.

This should be locked 4HP

6-String
4th Aug 2006, 06:46
F:mad:ing amazing! You go and work in Dubai for a while and you become just as despicable as the underhanded money-grabbers running the dump! Make up your pathetic minds: do we believe in the "freedom of speech" or not? :yuk:

QUOTE: "rat, you might be thinking of a different case"

If he is then there is an even bigger problem.

Speak up ratpoison; we all NEED to know about this!

Oceanic
4th Aug 2006, 08:26
I think rat is referring to this one:

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=231750

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=231250

4HolerPoler
6th Aug 2006, 12:38
Guys, keep it cool - sure it's a hot topic but there is no reason to pop off the boil. Some extremely heated posts have been deleted by Towers while I was aviating but if you guys continue shooting such vitriol from the hip I'll have no option but to send you to the cooler.

Seriously consider posting when pissed - brings out the worst in one.

4HP

MercenaryAli
6th Aug 2006, 21:30
That, is total crap. The scumbag is back on line as if nothing happened, chest out, shoulders back and she has been hauled over the coals for reporting it to the Thai police instead of quote " immediately contacting the company and having them deal with it". What a f***ed up country.

Was this a Local? :-)
If so, the forget any justice - after all she was only a woman!