PDA

View Full Version : Weight issue

TokZik
2nd Aug 2006, 12:53
Have you ever been to get on a flight and get told that your baggige is just tooo heavy and either have to remove something from your bag or pay a little extra to get your bag on the plane ????

For arguments sakes we get 30kg worth of luggage and say 2 items of hand luggage.

Now i only weigh 60kg myself so why is it that people who are so big weighing in at 200kg and basicly take up 2 seats on the [email protected] plane get to take the same ammount of luggage ?!?!?!
Where does the weight factor come in for people ???
should there be one ?

I mean what if a plane was filled with people of that size ???
would they still allow the 30kg and 2 items of hand luggage on the plane ?? and would it still be able to take off :confused: lol

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!
2nd Aug 2006, 13:01
It really depends on how fast the conveyor belt is running

James 1077
2nd Aug 2006, 13:27
Now i only weigh 60kg myself so why is it that people who are so big weighing in at 200kg and basicly take up 2 seats on the [email protected] plane get to take the same ammount of luggage ?!?!?!
Where does the weight factor come in for people ???
should there be one ?

Yes there should. People who weigh 200kg obviously need larger clothes. These clothes will be heavier so they should therefore get additional baggage allowances! :-)

Honestly though I have never quite figured out why people pay excess baggage charges. Simply put your bag on the scales, if it is too heavy take out your heaviest item of clothing and put it on. Place bag on scales. If it is too heavy continue this process until you can check the bag in.

Memories of a Christmas flight out to the Middle-East on BA. There I was walking away from check-in wearing two pairs of jeans, a pair of chinos, a leather jacket, a fleece, three shirts and with 2 christmas presents and a christmas pud in my jacket pockets! :-)

G-CPTN
2nd Aug 2006, 13:37
On a business trip I was carrying a LARGE 'pilot's case' (bought in Hong Kong and EXACTLY fitting the maximum-allowable carry-on baggage envelope in all three dimensions) crammed-full with publicity materials (printed on art-paper). Fortunately it remained on my trolley at check-in, as I was hardly able to LIFT the damned thing. That was in the days before they wanted to check the weight of carry-on bags.

Lon More
2nd Aug 2006, 13:55
I was hardly able to LIFT the damned thing
Out of interest, did it go into the overhead bin?

G-CPTN
2nd Aug 2006, 14:00
No, it actually fitted into the space under the seat (I think) - or maybe it just sat 'under my legs'. They weren't so particular in those days. :p

On one trip to the Far East I snaffled a whole central row of seats on a Jumbo (the plane was almost empty) and slept horizontally across. The Singapore Airlines crew were 'accommodating' (and pretty).

AcroChik
2nd Aug 2006, 14:02
WASHINGTON (Reuters), Posted July 27, 2006 -- More and more obese people are unable to get full medical care because they are either too big to fit into scanners, or their fat is too dense for X-rays or sound waves to penetrate, radiologists reported Tuesday.

With 64 percent of the U.S. population either overweight or obese, the problem is worsening, but it represents a business opportunity for equipment makers and hospitals, said Dr. Raul Uppot, a radiologist at Massachusetts General Hospital.

250 more words in the article, but you get the point. The funeral industry already markets "plus-size" coffins.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!
2nd Aug 2006, 14:05
The Goliath Casket Company :E

AcroChik
2nd Aug 2006, 14:06
Nice work, A...argh.

G-CPTN
2nd Aug 2006, 14:11
The Goliath Casket Company :E
"We won't let you down."

Er? :confused: