PDA

View Full Version : WORKING AND LIVING NEAR GATWICK?

AUSPOMME
2nd Aug 2006, 06:25
Just wondered if all you cabin crew could advise me as to the best areas to live if working at Gatwick.
Will be starting as cabin crew in Sept,looked at Crawley area,also Croydon,just wondered if any other cabin crew live around the Croydon area and how long it usually takes to commute to and from work.

Many thanks.
AUSPOMME:)

Doobs
2nd Aug 2006, 08:47
Croydon will take about 30mins to get to Gatwick depending on the time of day and the traffic on the M23.
There are loads of house sharing and flats to rent in and around Crawley but avoid Broadfield, Bewbush and Langley Green. Cheaper, but a bit rough. Pound Hill or Maidenbower are full of CC. See the local papers for available accommodation.

Hope this helps

SilentHandover
2nd Aug 2006, 13:24
Commuting from Croydon to Gatwick is very easy, trains from East Croydon to the airport take 14 mins and are very regular, I've never waited longer than 15 minutes for a train.

WexCan
2nd Aug 2006, 21:36
Horley's another option.

AUSPOMME
3rd Aug 2006, 05:38
Thanks for your feedback,been a great help,if I commute via rail from Croydon what is the average weekly/daily fare?
Sorry for all the questions but want to get things sorted now,rather than concern myself later:)

SilentHandover
3rd Aug 2006, 08:35
Croydon to Gatwick off peak return is £6.40 rising to £9.00 at the peak times.
Not sure about season ticket prices as I don't use the train enough to justify it sorry.

I believe that there is still a subsidised rail fare scheme available through the airport station for BAA ID pass holders which offers substantial discounts on season tickets though.