PDA

View Full Version : So tell me about .RAR and .BIN and .CUE

terryJones
1st Aug 2006, 18:23
Having the grand daughters down for a few weeks I have downloaded a movie and finished with a pile of .rar files. I organised a copy of WINRAR, and now have a 480Mb .BIN file and a 1 Mb CUE file, but still nothing that makes noises and pictures in WMPlayer.
So where do I go from here?

jamojdm
1st Aug 2006, 18:37
Download Daemon tools (freeware app search google for it)

Install Daemon tools

Right click on the daemon tools icon which should be bottom right near the clock (has a red lightning bolt as an icon)

goto "Virtual CD/DVD-ROM" -> "Device 0" -> "Mount image" and select the cue file you downloaded.

Now can browse as a virtual CD from my computer :)

I hope this is a legal download you have :E

Jamo

el !
1st Aug 2006, 18:51
I usually ignore the cue file and mount directly .bin .iso or whatever large file from daemon tools.

planecrazy.eu
2nd Aug 2006, 21:58
You can mount either .CUE or BIN. , Some CD burning software on my PC ages ago needed a .CUE file to burn the .BIN to a CD. Might be a redundant thing now, not sure as i dont burn .BINS unless i am making a CDG and that reads from a cue-sheet in order to make the CD.

As above said, Get a Virtual Drive Emulator, there are loads of free ones, the better ones are not free, Daemon Tools, Alcohol 120% are probibaly the best, but i have a few that will ony work with CloneCD.