PDA

View Full Version : Office 2003

ZFT
1st Aug 2006, 07:28
Having just recently upgraded from Office to Office 2003 I’m beginning to regret it
For example
Excel – no Report Manger (resolved by copying relevant .XLA file from Office)
Outlook – multiple email/fax addresses (resolved by purchasing add in to inhibit)

Maybe it’s because it ‘feels’ different but there seem to be many other little annoyances. Am I being too harsh?

Are there any other surprises and overall is it THAT much better than Office and worth persevering with?

Mac the Knife
1st Aug 2006, 16:46
Try OpenOffice - http://www.openoffice.org/ - it's very good indeed and getting better all the time.

And it won't cost you a penny.

:ok:

IO540
1st Aug 2006, 17:05
What really amazes me is how many really glaring and obvious bugs there are in orifice 2003. Especially in the graphics editing/import functions. This is a mainstream high corporate usage product.

Mac the Knife
1st Aug 2006, 17:45
That's what happens when you're a monopoly.

You're "THE" office suite on most of the world's desktops,
you control the secret document format (and keep changing it) so that interoperability is difficult,
you spend your time spreading FUD about OSes and suites that attempt to compete (despite the blocks) instead of improving your own
you're so busy stuffing your softwear with anti-piracy and DRM hooks to take much notice of users gripes - why should you?

Grrrr:*