PDA

View Full Version : NJE - Starting on Beechjet/Bravo or Hawker/Excel - Which preferred and Why?

Riker
1st Aug 2006, 02:11
****WARNING: This would be one of those hypothetical questions comparing aircraft types (don't feel compelled to answer unless you have an opinion)... Otherwise you can just skip this thread.

If one were to get hired onto Netjets Europe and offered either the Beechjet or the Bravo to start, which would be preferred in your mind? Both are capable light jets but neither is particularly comfortable up front from an ergonomic standpoint. What characteristics about each aircraft do you like/dislike the most that would sway your opinion?

The same could be asked about the Hawker or the Excel at NJE - which would be preferred if offered both and why? They likely fly to the same Euro destinations - so would it make much of a difference?

Just curious. I fly an older Lear and I have never flown a relatively "modern" biz jet like these and I always like to hear others' opinions. Plus, I might apply to NJE sometime in the future and it would be nice to hear opinions from those who know the differences...

Cheers

Treetopflyer
2nd Aug 2006, 12:53
Mike

Here is an Excel guy replying to you, and completely agreeing... :D

Hawker also has a swept wing which makes it more of a real jet in my opinion (but maybe it's only me). On the other hand, Vref are fairly similar in both aeroplanes, so TODR/LDR is not better in the Excel.

The Hawker has more range as well (850XP will be even better), which is why it's used to fly to Moscow in the winter while the Excel is not...

TTF

Wilma
2nd Aug 2006, 14:44
I am flying the Hawker and would rather take the Excel, because:
I can stand up straight when I´m taking a p*ss in the Excel, not in the Hawker. I am 1,80m. :}
The Excel brakes down more often, giving you less flights. With the Hawker you have to cover for broken XLs :ouch:
I don´t care if I´m flying M.75 or M.78 :ugh:
The Excel will keep you away from Russia a bit more often. :ok:
You´ve got the wonderful external cargo compartment. :ok:
Hey, I should call Cessna to be their salesman!

french clover
2nd Aug 2006, 19:01
Come with me on the mighty Bravo,in a couple of years you should be flying a G5!

Wilma
2nd Aug 2006, 19:52
Hey Mike,
I call that emancipation :E