Just got here today.

I'm scaaaaaaaaaared! :eek:

G-CPTN
31st Jul 2006, 20:59
Pourquoi mon brave?

Farrell
31st Jul 2006, 21:00
It's huge!

Have to start looking for a job now but need a day or two to get to fgrips with navigating this beast! - and finding the right monthly U and S Bahn ticket!

tony draper
31st Jul 2006, 21:00
Does Marlene still work in the Black Cat bar? hmm, come to think she will be banging on a bit now.
:rolleyes:

G-CPTN
31st Jul 2006, 21:03
finding the right monthly U and S Bahn ticket!
Start here:-
http://www.lodging-germany.com/info/Berlin/berlin-7citymapubahn.htm

Farrell
31st Jul 2006, 21:03
Thanks for the tips gents.

I like when thez bang on Drapes! :E

Farrell
31st Jul 2006, 21:08
OK I'm off to find my apartment again and go to bed!

flugholm
31st Jul 2006, 21:32
Welcome to Berlin, Farrell! :ok: :ok: :ok:
Try this: http://www.bvg.de/index.php/en/Bvg/Index/folder/706/name/Tickets+%26+Fares
Yes, it's even available in English!

Off to bed already, Farrell? Are you aware that many many Kneipen won't close until 2, 3 or 4 o'clock, even on a Monday?! :D

Flash0710
31st Jul 2006, 21:57
Don't panic Farrell,

Your good mate flash has done a little research and you will be pleased to know........

Wiki Travel quote

Prostitution
Prostitution is a legal business in Germany. Due to the World Cup politicians and the media made a big fuss about it. Berlin has no major red-light district like Hamburg or Amsterdam but mostly apartments or brothels spread through out the city. Advertisements are in the tabloids but human trafficking and illegal immigrants are a major problem. There are regular police raid

And loads more here.

http://wikitravel.org/en/Berlin

But spend a few weeks finding out about the first bit then see the sights....

Be safe too,

l8r....

f

Jerricho
31st Jul 2006, 23:54
Heh. Prostitution.

I would suggest Mr Farrell would be somewhat of a sex-object over there, as in most places.

He asks for sex and people object

Blacksheep
1st Aug 2006, 03:21
hmm, come to think she will be banging on a bit now.
She was banging on a bit then tony. German beer goggles are every bit as good as the Tyneside version... :}

Personally, I found it strange walking straight past the Bahn station that marks what used to be Check Point Charlie. Berlin is changed beyond recognition. Well, almost... ;)

1DC
1st Aug 2006, 05:24
Black Cat bar Mr. D ?.
I thought that was in Genoa??

tony draper
1st Aug 2006, 06:36
There's Black Cat Bars all over the world,they all have barmaids called Marlene,one is something of a expert on Barmaids.
:rolleyes:

Blacksheep
1st Aug 2006, 09:29
There's quite a few Red Lips Bars out East, mostly hostessed by Suzy. I knew a few Suzies - Hong Kong Beer Goggles are much like the Anglo-German version... :}

tony draper
1st Aug 2006, 10:24
Suzy tended to have berra legs than Marlene as well.
One recalls having one's photy took with a scantily clad bar girl in Tokyo dive or somewhere,me mum used to show it to the neigbours ,
"This is our tony's Japanese girl friend,int she luvly "
hmmmm,yers mum.:uhoh:

G-CPTN
1st Aug 2006, 12:31
There's quite a few Red Lips Bars out East, mostly hostessed by Suzy. I knew a few Suzies
Did you get the Wong Suzy though?

OverTq
1st Aug 2006, 13:30
Yes, Some of those Suzies do have something to hide!

Farrell
1st Aug 2006, 21:29
Thank you gentlemen!

You've made my day.
Am sure I'll make some friends over here soon.
Just have to work on my German and find out where the best "no brawling" bars are - I did enough of that in France!

I walked by one bar last night where the populus were shouting or singing the word "Wasser, Wasser" over and over (that's Water right?)

Off to bed again - am working up to the 4am sleep slowly but surely.

Tchus!

flugholm
1st Aug 2006, 21:51
>Tchus!

And for your daily German lesson:
That's spelled "Tschüss!". :ok:

airship
1st Aug 2006, 22:06
Ahhh zo. Und haf you taken ze ztroll over ze Fürher's bunker yet?

"It vill zend a zhiver up your zpine" as Herr Otto Flick of the Gestapo in "Allo Allo" was wont to describe thoughts of the impending rough-handling to come from the likes of Yvette, Maria but especially Fraulein Helga... :ok:

Farrell
2nd Aug 2006, 17:47
Ah yes, "Tschüss!" - Danke! :)

You should hear me ordering a Currywurst!!:eek:

G-CPTN
2nd Aug 2006, 17:51
Be SURE to try Schneckesuppe and Gulaschsuppe!
Oh! and Bratkartoffeln, and Spaetzle of course!

Farrell
2nd Aug 2006, 18:01
Will all be tried in time.

Dunkin Donuts now - at the EasyJet Internet Cafe thingy :p

AcroChik
2nd Aug 2006, 18:09
Stay away from curryworst. Or maybe not. Maybe someone can make this thing somewhat less than deadly. The only time it was ever put in front of me was in a school cafeteria at the technische Hauptschule in Hannover, Germany.

Through the floor-to-ceiling cafeteria window one could clearly see where a huge hole that had once been blown in the side of a chemistry lab building had been repaired with brick and mortar. Wow, how did that happen, I asked my hosts. One of them pointed to my plate.

Farrell
3rd Aug 2006, 11:17
I like Currywurst! It's cheap, it tastes of Curry and it's not the Wurst! :}

Coat, helmet.........gone!