PDA

View Full Version : jobs on the cessna caravan

pilotd
31st Jul 2006, 19:35
hi guys
i am a south african commercial pilot seeking employment on the caravan to gain some experience , does anybody know where i can start or which caravan operators are looking for pilots i have 254hrs and a van rating any help would be appreciated

thanks guys

B200Drvr
1st Aug 2006, 09:33
Not to put you on a downer, but UN contracts require 700hrs TT for a C208 co-jo now. Keep trying, knock on doors is the best way.
Good luck

ReportReady
1st Aug 2006, 12:42
Maun has a lot of vans, but youll be on a C206 for at least 15 months first, it's just up the road. :ok:

vanraider
2nd Aug 2006, 13:53
Tanzania are looking for pilots but with your hours, do not think you will be able to jump into a caravan upon arrival. Plenty other opportunities in Dar and Arusha...
Know Coastal require 700 for a co-jo but can build hours first on 206 if keen

makeapullup
2nd Aug 2006, 14:47
Solenta Aviation. I believe that they were doing night freight runs for DHL to ZIM

They've been flying the "taxi" of the sky B1900 for a while now. Everyone has got one - Nomad,Comav,Fedair,Executive Turbine and Solenta (at least)
Still a C208 on the Gaberone- JS - Maputo flights though.

Cheers

Phenomenon
2nd Aug 2006, 20:49
The C208 on the Gabs Maputo run will also eventually be replaced by a 1900. The 1900's are much more efficient on these runs. Rumour has it that the Gabs run will be taken over by road and the 1900 will then only do the Maputo run.

At the moment though chances of getting on that Van is slim to none in any case as the SAA cadets are flying that plane and Solenta is currently stuck with too many Van guys that they need to upgrade to the 1900.

Lickmine
6th Aug 2006, 10:45
Vanraider,

Who in Tanzania are looking for Caravan pilots. I have over 800 hours in them and have worked contract for UN and ASF in various countries in Africa. If you know, what are the requirements for a Tanzanian license, and is it worth the trip across the ocean again (pay levels?).

What is their maintenance like (having seen some less than encouraging threads lately)?

cpt hamna sheeda
6th Aug 2006, 11:07
Try Coastal Travels in Dar es Salaam, i used to wrk forthem some years ago, the (white) management sucked big time, but things seem to have changed. There are some operators in Arusha as well.
Great flying in a great scenery.

good luck!