PDA

View Full Version : POSTED - JPA PITFALLS

donald stott
31st Jul 2006, 19:33
Fellow PPruners,

I am posted very shortly and I would to know if there are any potential pitfalls that JPA may present me with. Brief details are:

1. Married with children.

2. Live in FMQs.

3. Moving to/from location in UK.

Would like to avoid pay issues and avoid errors relating to FMQ rent (paying for 2 FMQs etc). Heard on the grapevine that JPA have sorted out disturbance allowance. Imagine some of you have experienced massive dramas relating to your posting as JPA came in to force. Grateful for any constructive advice.

Rgds

Wrathmonk
31st Jul 2006, 19:48
As you are not changing how you live ie FQ to FQ you shouldn't end up paying twice - in fact this "tick in the box" should not be touched by the HR staffs (:yuk: ) at all.

Disturbance is very easy. If I remember correctly (well, it has been six weeks since I punched the buttons) it is 5 or 6 Yes/No questions and then hit submit (although you still can't claim it until 30 days prior to your posting date). Mine was paid very promptly.

The travel claim for the move (ie car, single journey, duty unit to duty unit) is entered by yourself (you just need to quote your assignment order (:yuk: ) number as the Authority and it should be in your account far quicker than by paper claim (assuming you have access to a JPA capable terminal - herein lies the problem...!).

Whilst JPA may be screwing up pay still it seems to have cracked disturbance and CEA, although I wait to be shot down by the voval minority / majority!

Phoney Tony
31st Jul 2006, 19:59
Just been through the posting route with JPA.

Disturbance allowance paid at the wrong rate in May. Still not sorted out.

Found out today that the unit I arrived at and which now holds all my hard copy documentation, where I have my medical care do my CCS AFT etc is not my parent unit. (I still do not understand this one - why did n't my 'Parent Unit' report me as awol!!!).
I did get prompt payment of my travel claim for the move.

Advice for your move...........expect the worst and hopefully you will be disappointed.

Good luck.

donald stott
1st Aug 2006, 19:14
Gents,

Thanks for taking the time to reply...can't wait to put the claims in!!!!:(