PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Atlantic chubby advice please!

sugarplum fairy
31st Jul 2006, 12:38
Hi all, hope you can give some good honest advice!

My friend works for virgin and im DYING to join her. She is always telling me to apply and giving me advice, and ive been told by quite a few people to go for it as i seem to have the personality for it, but i just wanted a few more opinions please...
I think I have pretty much everything they are looking for (hope im not being too presumptious!) but i have a good few years C/S experience, worked in travel industry, retail, got NVQ's in C/S etc. Im outgoing, confident and smiley!! been doing the 9-5 for 6 years now and now im a bit older and wiser with different priorities (ie, no longer just living for going out on the lash at weekends!) I feel its the perfect time for me to go for it.
There is just 1 BIG problem...my butt! although I keep myself pretty much immaculate presentation wise, im a size 18.
I fit fairly comfortably in the economy seats (and have no problem squeezing down the isle on a 747!) so i guess this means I would fit into a jump seat ok (and i was going to travel back from LA on one once with no measurements needed!).
Im tying REALLY hard to shrink, going to the gym, eating healthy etc, but of course it takes time. i dont know if i have the patience to wait until im a skinny minnie!
Obviously im going to continue with the starvation diet, but would I really be wasting my time if I applied now, or should i just go for it?!

Any advice and interview day tips, I would be very gratefull!
x

Dreaming for VS
31st Jul 2006, 13:36
Thinking and thinking,
things won't get done.

I had tried in 2004 and was rejected. After 2 years,
I just have had my own attempt for Virgin today, again it was great.

Butts isn't a "problem" at all. I understand as a girl we pose a question about the size, but don't worry, I am having breasts of 32A/70A, if you are worrying being big, should I worry for being small?:8

What I am trying to say is, you are fit it the seat, you can walk along the galley, you have more priorities and it's just the right time. Let's go!
And, it always takes a long time to be finally employed, by the time you may have shrinked already.

Most importantly! When I was a crew, my colleague were chubby and excellent!!! :ok:

LittleMissKiwi
3rd Aug 2006, 20:48
Hey Sugarplum,
When I went for my interview I saw plenty of curvy girls, and I know the uniforms go up to an 18 (and above). I don't think it will matter! Go for it!!;)

shortm
7th Aug 2006, 16:13
Don't worry - I'm only 5' 2" and am a size 16 and it's not a problem so don't let that put you off applying

Dunhovrin
13th Sep 2006, 19:58
I'll buy ya a beer and show you photos of the kids....