PDA

View Full Version : Why I Love The UK!

AcroChik
28th Jul 2006, 22:45
Royals wanted pretender-to-throne declared nuts

Hall repeatedly challenged George V; loser to have 'head lopped off'
Friday, July 28, 2006; Posted: 12:12 p.m. EDT (16:12 GMT)

Anthony Hall claimed Henry VIII was his ancestor. He challenged the king, with the loser to be beheaded -- just like Henry would have done.

Article: http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/europe/07/28/royals.nutjob.ap/index.html

Anyone challenging the Bush family would find themselves on a rendition flight.

con-pilot
28th Jul 2006, 22:54
AcroChik, do you remember the so-called "King of San Francisco"? Now there was a character!

Of course no one wanted to cut his head off.:p

AcroChik
28th Jul 2006, 22:56
Sorry, no. But I met the Wizard in Chch, NZ.

Davaar
28th Jul 2006, 23:08
Well, say what they like, Mr Hall came of a family probably more deserving of note than those jumped-up Hanoverian and Saxe-Coburg-Gotha immigrants who had to keep changing their names every dog-watch to keep their jobs.

For one there was Rab Ha' the Glesca Glutton, died 1843 in The Gorbals, famed even today for his consumption of Scotch pies.

No less acclaimed was Samuel Hall who had, many will recall with sadness, only got one ****, but it was better than ****-***, dammitall. He was the one who had, so they said, killed a man, for which he had swing from a piece of string just to please the king.

tony draper
28th Jul 2006, 23:14
Come come Mr Davaar, you know those Hanovarians were invited to take the throne,twas them or the dammed left foot Jockistani Stewarts.
:rolleyes:

G-CPTN
28th Jul 2006, 23:16
Well, say what they like, Mr Hall came of a family probably more deserving of note than those jumped-up Hanoverian and Saxe-Coburg-Gotha immigrants who had to keep changing their names every dog-watch to to keep their jobs.
For one there was Rab Ha' the Glesca Glutton, died 1843 in The Gorbals, famed even today for his consumption of Scotch pies.
No less acclaimed was Samuel Hall who had, many will recall with sadness, only got one ****, but it was better than ****-***, dammitall. He was the one who had, so they said, killed a man, for which he had swing from a piece of string just to please the king.
I knew his brother Albert.

tony draper
28th Jul 2006, 23:34
Hmmm, one watched a item on telly recently that someone has come up with some convincing documentation about a illegitimate son of Elizabeth 1st and err, I forget who now, apparently whisked away after she gave birth to him and raised by a trusted retainer(aern't they always?), the smallpox dose she caught being a ploy to cover her pregnancy and confinement.
So there could be a few Tudors out there with a valid claim,although saying that that Henry VII claim was somewhat tenuous apart from the fact he won the final battle and thats always a plus.
Anyway we know how to deal with pretenders

G-CPTN
28th Jul 2006, 23:39
Whatever happened to Tudor Crisps?

Tudor became Smiths and after that, Walkers.

Davaar
28th Jul 2006, 23:42
I knew his brother Albert.

Now there is a coincidence. Some believe he was closely related to Kelvin.

Then to Dr draper. I have to agree it was a narrow choice. Mind you, if we had kept the Stuarts we would not have had the groanings of Georg Friedrich Handel. Still, not an easy decision.

AcroChik
28th Jul 2006, 23:46
"Deliver these an' I'll give ya a canny bagga Tuda."

Or are you making a canny joke about burning folks at the stake?

tony draper
28th Jul 2006, 23:47
I dunno but one installed a inductive loop system in their Washington factory so the lasses manufacturing said crisps could listen to Radio One as they worked without trailing wires all over the place,we also enabled a facility so they could also be haranged by the forman and urged to work harder through the same system of course,one likes to do one's bit for industry.
Hmmm,Just remembered twas that scoundrel Robert Dudley,Earl of thingy who supposedly did the deed, so much for the Virgin Queen then.
One also seems to recal he bumped off his missus