PDA

View Full Version : Where do Cloggie caravans go after the season?

CargoMatatu
28th Jul 2006, 19:15
I'm sure many continental Euro residents have noticed that, after the end of March, there is an absolutely HUMONGOUS migration of Dutch registered caravans flooding across all points of the continent in a migration similar to that of the east African Wildebeest!

This seems to continue till very late in the year.

My question (seriously) is, once the migration is over where do all these seemingly millions of caravans go? Holland is only a small place, and I can't fathom that they have the square kilometrage to store them all!

Help me, people. I'm losing sleep over this!:confused:

lexxity
28th Jul 2006, 19:21
Scotland.

Seriously.

Lon More
28th Jul 2006, 19:39
There's one on the old airfield at Hawkinge

G-CPTN
28th Jul 2006, 19:41
My question (seriously) is, once the migration is over where do all these seemingly millions of caravans go? Holland is only a small place, and I can't fathom that they have the square kilometrage to store them all!
Help me, people. I'm losing sleep over this!:confused:
Underground storage . . .

colmac747
28th Jul 2006, 20:38
Where do Cloggie caravans go after the season?

Hibernation..

They then mate early next season and eventually cause chaos across many a country, as Daddy, Mummy and Kiddie caravan travel in single file for miles and miles without stopping for food..

Ripline
28th Jul 2006, 21:11
Back to Holland, of course, where they form an integral part of the Dutch sea-wall defences during the winter. During the summer they're not needed, so they are released for holiday duties.

That's why they are only seen during the summer - Dutch law requires that they be returned to protect the low lying areas of the country before the first autumn gales.

If you Google Earth the coastline of Holland during the summer you'll probably spot that the land area reduces as the Dutch take most of it away on holiday.:E

Ripline

SOPS
29th Jul 2006, 13:12
Fact..they have caravan storage companies who charge to look after your van un the winter.

Lon More
29th Jul 2006, 14:03
they have caravan storage companies
Quite often a farmer stores them in an otherwise empty barn. There used to be one next to rwy 22 at Maastricht

Curious Pax
29th Jul 2006, 15:22
They may appear to be caravans, but they are actually food stores. Your average Dutchman is notorious for taking all the supplies he needs for his 4 week summer holidays with him!

Buster Cherry
29th Jul 2006, 16:00
Sky TV buy them & blow them to smitherines on Science Abuse.
God, I love Sky.:D

Krystal n chips
29th Jul 2006, 18:02
God, I love Sky.:D

Would that happen to include the owners and :mad: drivers as well ??----PLEASE :{ :E

Groundgripper
29th Jul 2006, 18:14
And if they don't get them Top Gear will!:E

If smitherines are made of exploded caravans, what are tangerines made of? Must be something else Dutch 'cos they are orange!:hmm:

GG

Buster Cherry
29th Jul 2006, 18:21
Would that happen to include the owners and :mad: drivers as well ??----PLEASE :{ :E

The thought alone deserves another Beer....;)

If smitherines are made of exploded caravans, what are tangerines made of? Must be something else Dutch 'cos they are orange!:hmm:

Groundgripper, What you smokin` there man? :ooh:

Widger
30th Jul 2006, 10:27
They don't keep them, they borrow them from a guy called Hertz Van Rentals!..........Grooooooaaaaaannnn!:bored: :\ :\ :\

BDiONU
30th Jul 2006, 10:38
I'm sure many continental Euro residents have noticed that, after the end of March, there is an absolutely HUMONGOUS migration of Dutch registered caravans flooding across all points of the continent in a migration similar to that of the east African Wildebeest!
This seems to continue till very late in the year.
Have you not noticed the very similar migration of the Scandanavians which tends to be North to South? Tin tens clogging up the Autobahns for months!

BD

Lon More
30th Jul 2006, 11:22
....or the migration of English youf to the Costsas?
So thick/drunk/stoned they couldn't drive a car and caravan but go there in flying cattle transporters.