PDA

View Full Version : 1,000hrs Cessna, or advanced training with fewer hours?

ParisFlyer
28th Jul 2006, 17:56
Hello everyone,

I'm about to complete my South African CPL/IR licence in the following weeks and will have accumulated the required 200hrs. Already my mind ponders what the next step is on my long journey to a right hand seat with an airline. I'm in my early twenties so time is on my side. I understand many people will have their different opinions, but that's exactly what I’m looking for! As many angles as possible please!

Here's the debate...

I was content with spending the next two years flying Cessna 210's and 206s for a charter company in Africa getting as close to that magical 1,500 hours before doing my JAA UK fATPL back in England. However! In the real world do employers really want a 1,000hrs of Cessna flying in the bush?Or would I be better off doing more advanced training, for instance a twin/IR rating and maybe a Jet introduction course having done my fATPL?

With only 300hrs or so, would I be eligible for a job? Even as a P3?

Your opinions would very much be appreciated!

Kindest Regards

Edward

Walk the line
31st Jul 2006, 08:16
In order to UNfreeze your ATPL remember you need to have 500 hrs Multi Crew JAR 25 (Twin Jet) time. Regarding Cessna hours - get "in" whenever you can. If you can get a job - get one!