PDA

View Full Version : Cheap BMI fare explained?

MyData
28th Jul 2006, 16:20
Hi all.

I flew the MAN->LHR->MAN shuttle earlier this week and received a receipt at lounge reception LHR on the return leg. Useful for the expenses claim.

I look at the receipt and the numbers don't add up - it looks too cheap :eek: I've check with my credit card and the receipt charge is same as my statement charge. Can anyone explain this?

Details on the receipt are:

FARE: GBP114.00 MAN BD LON72BD MAN42GBP114END PD XT 10GB17 1UB
EQUI:
T/F/C: GBP30.00DU
PD 21.00VQ

TOTAL: GBP65.00A

The numbers just don't add up - but I'll have more of this please if it is still on offer :ok:

Hartington
29th Jul 2006, 01:48
The GBP65.00A indicates an "additional amount paid" and that only occurs when one ticket was issued and then a change was made and the amount due changed.

My guess would be that you changed one (or both) of the flights and that as well as any change in fare a change fee.

Now in those circumstances I wouldn't expect the boxes to add up (it's one of the black arts of the airline world). On the other hand the amounts really don't make sense. The PD amount should (in my view) be either 27 or 21 and code XT not VQ and DQ as a tax code is a Finnish Security Charge. See: http://www.iata.org/NR/rdonlyres/ED88F8D1-8C5B-4174-BDD0-3001B1B900D6/49558/TAX_Codes.pdf

I'd have a chat with whoever you bought the ticket from!

MyData
29th Jul 2006, 06:16
Hartington

Thanks for the informative reply. Yes, I did make a change to this booking. So the GBP65 must be the change fee and the additional fare fee. This is then ON TOP of the fare I've already paid weeks earlier.

Mmmm, I will have to go through my previous bookings to get the original amount paid and remember to claim for that too - usually I just rely on the receipt issued at the lounge at LHR. In this case it did seem to be low and the numbers didn't add up, hence the query.

PD is definitely 21, and codes are DU and VQ...

Update: Mea culpa - Hartington, I owe you a pint. Have just gone through my backlog of bookings and found my original confirmation from BMI for the flight at £127.10. Which shall now also be reclaimed.