PDA

View Full Version : Citation II, Excel or Embraer Legacy Type Rating

RobertL
28th Jul 2006, 16:11
If investing in a type rating which of the three above have the likeliest highest demand and shelf life?

Lembrado
28th Jul 2006, 20:01
Evening,

Need some more info about yourself first in order to give advice. Hours, current aircraft type, aspirations ect...

L.

wigwag
29th Jul 2006, 08:00
Find a job first, then type rate, think thats the best idea. Find an employer willing to type rate you, even better still.

ww

Treetopflyer
29th Jul 2006, 10:36
Another thing to consider is what these ratings give you access to (with differences training):

C500 lets you fly the Citation 500, Citation I & I/SP, Citation II, II/SP, SII & Bravo, and Citation V, Ultra & Encore. That's a lot of airplanes we are talking about, even though most of them are out of production.

C560XL lets you fly only the Excel and XLS, but these are brand new and they are selling like hot cakes.

Finally, ERJ allows you to fly the EMB135, 140 & 145 and Legacy. With this one, you can apply to regional airlines as well as business aviation companies. That's the one I would choose for that reason, along with the fact that it's the only rating of the three that is above 20 tons MTOW.

But as said above, find a job first... I wouldn't venture my own money in any of these ratings without an employment letter from a trustworthy operator... Plus the job market now is so good, that you can probably have the airline pay for your rating anyways...

Good luck to you...

TTF