PDA

View Full Version : Cross Dressing in the Pub

The Otter's Pocket
28th Jul 2006, 15:46
I sometimes work in a local pub, town centre, rural market community in deepest Lincolnshire. Anywho an individual has stated frequenting the establishment, somedays in jeans and a t-shirt, other times as a lady.

Now I have no problems as to how he acts at home or in the pub for that matter, however I am concerned that he, and he is definately a he, has tried to use the ladies loos.

Now to me that is wrong as he has obviously an alter-ego, however we are a little concerned that he could try to call sexual discrimination or that we are anti-cross-dresser.

I am certainly not going to bar him, unless he pushes the point, yet there has been an incidence when a gentle-woman took a pub to court for discrimination for exactly this sort of thing. Does anyone have a link to where I can get guidance on this subject, or where I may find the article about this landlord.

I would be grateful for your thoughts and guidance.

colmac747
28th Jul 2006, 15:53
Give him/her a feckin potty and tell 'em to sit in the corner and do their stuff.:\

GearDown&Locked
28th Jul 2006, 15:55
If said gentleman looks like this, I don't really see a problem there
http://www.danwei.org/images/xin_471201182246715615615.jpg

OTOH, if he looks like this...
http://www.blrc.bc.ca/Pictures/albums/landry/Christine_the_crossdresser.jpg
grab that basebal bat from under the counter and beat the [email protected] out of him.

:yuk:

got banned
28th Jul 2006, 16:00
Once went to a fancy dress, as a chick- must admit those fishnets did feel pretty good. Do you think there could be an repressed desire somewhere within ?:uhoh:

Buster Cherry
28th Jul 2006, 16:05
Could be worse, Might be a bloke dressed as a big fat bird in a nappy.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/littlebritain/images/gallery/orville.jpg

planeenglish
28th Jul 2006, 16:29
I'm sorry guys, but there must be a line drawn for what one will do for money.:bored: Mr. Cherry, that is hilarious!:ok:

el @
28th Jul 2006, 17:09
I tought it is very anglo-saxon to reserve the right to (not) service anyone and proudly show a sign with words to that effect, is not like that anymore ?

G-CPTN
28th Jul 2006, 18:47
Sometimes I wake up feeling annoyed, and then I'm a very cross dresser.
As far as frequenting the Ladies (loo), are you certain that (s)he still has the male equipment. In my time I've made the acquaintance (no further) of convincingly-dressed males who were in fact female (I believe). OTOH, gender uncertainty is a very real condition (there are apparently FIVE acknowledged gender states), and for some (one might say unfortunates) even DOCTORS are unable to assign an appropriate gender. THUS boys 'grow up' as girls (the clitoris is 'merely' a penis) or occasionally vice-versa. Such cases deserve sensitive treatment. Maybe (s)he feels different some days to others.
I mean, how often have you woken up and though "I feel like a woman today!". :E Or even "I feel queer today." :confused:

Offer to 'hold it' for him/her.

Research:-
It is not against the law to use toilets of the opposite gender and it's safer for a Transvestite / Crossdresser to use the ladies than the gents ...
http://www.beaumontsociety.org.uk/GenderDysphoria.html
http://www.yvonnesplace.net/news/nowwhat.htm

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!
28th Jul 2006, 18:58
wow a reasoned and thoughtful response on JetBlast...

...you'll probably get banned :}

beside which everyone knows the girl's toilets are always better...witnesseth ye this Dilbert cartoon

Frame #1 - a woman walks past Alice's cubicle and says "Hey Alice, I got Gone With the Wind from the video store last night, want to come to the rest room and watch it with me?"

Frame #2 - Alice responds "Oh that'd be great, but only if I can have th4e grey leather couch"

Frame #3 - Wally walks past Dilbert's cubicle and says "Hey! they put soap in t the restroom!".

:}

HowlingWind
28th Jul 2006, 19:18
Why do I get the feeling that Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh! (a confessed computer programmer) has that cartoon hanging above his desk? :}

Good one, Buster! :ok:

Ozzy
28th Jul 2006, 20:00
why would he use the ladies? there's always a queue, never one at the blokes bog:E

Ozzy

allan907
29th Jul 2006, 02:21
There's no chance that "it" is a very, very butch lesbian is there? In which case, having the right tackle, would be perfectly entitled to go to the ladies and the problem would come when "it" goes to the gents. ;)

rotated
29th Jul 2006, 03:40
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b170/rotated/yeahthat.gif

daedalus
29th Jul 2006, 08:28
Can anyone tell me why, after 40 years of Women's Lib (and Germaine Greer) they still havn't managed to get a decent number of loos?
I constantly have to shepherd my wife into the mens' sit downs cos the ladies has a queue a mile long.
Why don't planners/architects etc (many of whom are women) realise than women need to sit down?
Women's Lib? They don't deserve it.:confused:

G-CPTN
29th Jul 2006, 08:37
Well if they wouldn't spend so much time tarting themselves up and just do without the foreplay.

ORAC
29th Jul 2006, 08:46
Someone put down a private members bill. ( :O ), but the queue was too long.....

allan907
29th Jul 2006, 09:10
Had an interesting experience at this years Leeuwin Festival. At the interval the queues for the dunnies was huge but the blokes solved the problem by vanishing into the night and watering the grape vines. After a while a group of breakaway ladies decided that, as the sitting facilities weren't being used in the gents, then they would form an orderly queue for them.

While it was quite off-putting to be flashing one's tackle next to a queue of ladies it was also instructive to witness the messing about and general time-wasting that each went through. One would have thunk that they were able to give a thought to their cross-legged sisters still outside but no - yak, yak, yak, lipstick adjustments, hair flouncing etc etc etc.

Hate to think of the hue and cry had the situation been reversed and we blokes had gate-crashed the ladies. :ouch: :eek:

G-CPTN
29th Jul 2006, 09:18
it was also instructive to witness the messing about and general time-wasting that each went through. One would have thunk that they were able to give a thought to their cross-legged sisters still outside but no - yak, yak, yak, lipstick adjustments, hair flouncing etc etc etc.
Whad'd I say?

Shannon volmet
29th Jul 2006, 11:02
I sometimes work in a local pub, town centre, rural market community in deepest Lincolnshire. Anywho an individual has stated frequenting the establishment, somedays in jeans and a t-shirt, other times as a lady.
Now I have no problems as to how he acts at home or in the pub for that matter, however I am concerned that he, and he is definately a he, has tried to use the ladies loos.
Now to me that is wrong as he has obviously an alter-ego, however we are a little concerned that he could try to call sexual discrimination or that we are anti-cross-dresser.
I am certainly not going to bar him, unless he pushes the point, yet there has been an incidence when a gentle-woman took a pub to court for discrimination for exactly this sort of thing. Does anyone have a link to where I can get guidance on this subject, or where I may find the article about this landlord.
I would be grateful for your thoughts and guidance.
Firstly, you do not make it clear as to your working position at the pub. Are you bar - staff or management ? If you are bar staff then you should raise the problem with your line manager, and then leave it. It is up to them to address the problem.
If you are in a managerial position, you have two options. You can ask the advice of the local police as the situation has potential public order issues. You can also approach the local licencing authority for advice and to also make them aware of the problem. Then, having taken advice from both these options ( get it all down in writing ) you will know exactly where you stand should there be an issue. Whatever you do, though, Do Not take the law into your own hands.
Hope this advice comes in handy !
Mike.:E

The Otter's Pocket
29th Jul 2006, 11:47
Shannon
Great ideas, however have you EVER tried to get anything from the Police written down. They just will not do it incase they are then liable for any information that they have passed on.

As a group of staff we have decided to suggest to the gent that he uses the gents cubicle, then he can have his own ladies privacy without people getting upset.

On the other hand he would have to be totally mental to sit down in a public bog, so I am sure that he will be sinking the battleships from the verticle position with the rest of us.

We quite regularly find women disappearing into the mens to use their toilet.
The following day the women's is always the more disgusting.
Many pubs will not provide more toilets because, there are far less women in the pub and they spend less. So men take priority. Anyway we don't want women faffing about in the toilet, we want them stood at the bar so that men can eye them up, drink more dutch courage and then fail miserably and drink away their sorrows. :sad: