PDA

View Full Version : Favourite summer drinks

got banned
28th Jul 2006, 13:52
Came across this little beauty whilst surfing the Cornish Coast. Known as a "smooth shag"

half a guinness
half a cider
dash of lime
top of blackcurrant

Sounds awful- tastes yummy

FakePilot
28th Jul 2006, 14:12
Rose juice + crushed ice + condensed milk. Looks good but I'm not Indian enough to enjoy it.
I just go for the Pineapple syrup + crushed ice.

brickhistory
28th Jul 2006, 14:23
Mojito! Absolutely refreshing!

rotated
28th Jul 2006, 14:26
Ice cold beer :ok: Easy safe and fun... :}

The SSK
28th Jul 2006, 14:27
There's a curious Belgian beer called Kriek (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kriek), which is cherry-flavoured. It's something I would only drink outdoors, on a hot day, maybe at a country pub during a bike ride.

28th Jul 2006, 15:12
"Lager, Lager, Lager"

It's that good a drink, you can have it all year round.

MadsDad
28th Jul 2006, 15:48
Pimms and lemonade.

With lots of ice.

With a strawberry in it.

Buster Cherry
28th Jul 2006, 15:51
Gotta go with Lager meself. Although after a few, Got Banned`s "Smooth Shag" sometimes suits as a nightcap. :E

Mudfoot
28th Jul 2006, 16:22
Pimms and lemonade.

This side of the pond we've got a concoction called a Pimm's Chucker - think it's a light brown mix, mighty tastey (and potent).

Generally, my favorite is beer - Guiness will do nicely, thank you very much. With a wiskey chaser even better. In a lawn chair, wearing an overcoat, inviting guests - c'mon over, the weather's fine.

Cheers, y'all.

got banned
28th Jul 2006, 16:29
does the guiness travel that well mudfoot ?

UniFoxOs
28th Jul 2006, 16:39
A really refreshing drink is half of bitter and half of cider, although a lot of pubs won't serve it - sometimes it "curdles" and looks off. Tastes great, though. If you don't want to get too pi$$ed real home-made lemonade takes some beating.

Cheers
UFO

cavortingcheetah
28th Jul 2006, 17:17
:hmm:

Many people are unaware that there is more than one Pimms available.
Certainly today it is quite possible to find Vodka Pimms, and a Winter Pimms made with a rum base.
The only mixer for a real Pimms is champagne or, if you are impecunious, a decent dry sparkling wine. A frozen silver pint tankard fits the bill for quaffing quite nicely.:cool:

G-CPTN
28th Jul 2006, 17:22
Currently, chilled apple juice.
I was first introduced to 'apfelsaft' in Germany around 1957, and it's only recently that it's been available here in the UK (though still mainly in supermarkets and NOT in pubs).

CargoMatatu
28th Jul 2006, 18:34
Err..... BEER!:D :ok:

G-CPTN
28th Jul 2006, 18:38
A really refreshing drink is half of bitter and half of cider,
Even better is chilled half and half Guinness and Coca Cola (use only genuine BOTTLED Coke). Done carefully, the two CAN be blended without foaming all over the table. Be sure that both the Coke AND the Guinness are chilled though! Try first at home with canned Guinness (you COULD use canned Coke, but it's easier with bottled Coke (to see what you're doing).

Tolsti
28th Jul 2006, 20:48
Ginger Beer shandy...... bottle of ginger beer topped up with either bitter or lager.... excellent stuff..... until you find out that it costs about 3.60 because
'' we have to use a whole bottle of ginger beer''!

OverTq
29th Jul 2006, 08:33
Kir Royale - creme de cassis topped with very cold/dry champagne - it does for me!

Lon More
29th Jul 2006, 11:50
Moose's milk.
Kriek or banana beer (also Belgian)
Guiness and cider - pour both into the glass over the back of a spoon, stops it all going frothy. There's a special spoon (http://cgi.ebay.com/IRISH-GUINNESS-BASS-BLACK-TAN-POURING-SPOON_W0QQitemZ250011429024QQihZ015QQcategoryZ118QQssPageNam eZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem) on eBay from time to time

scruggs
29th Jul 2006, 16:48
Mood depending. Larger (Carling or Fosters), Magners Irish Cider, or Gunniess.

green granite
29th Jul 2006, 16:53
H2O :)....................

Arthur Fox-Ache
30th Jul 2006, 15:27
Even better is chilled half and half Guinness and Coca Cola (use only genuine BOTTLED Coke). Done carefully, the two CAN be blended without foaming all over the table. Be sure that both the Coke AND the Guinness are chilled though! Try first at home with canned Guinness (you COULD use canned Coke, but it's easier with bottled Coke (to see what you're doing).

Add a dash of Morgan's Spiced, and you have a "Black Beard", which is rather tasty.

Arfur :ok:

tubthumper
30th Jul 2006, 15:30
Ooooh, I concur.

I always found a half-pint glass with the rum shot in it, then topped up 50-50 with Guinness and Coke. Sounds a bit girlie, and not very summery for that matter, but delicious nevertheless.

Solid Rust Twotter
30th Jul 2006, 17:32
Fill your blender with ice cubes, double shot of vodka, juice of two lemons, couple of spoons of sugar. Run blender until ice is finely crushed, add a dash of soda, give it a quick buzz to mix and serve in tall glasses with a sprig of mint.