PDA

View Full Version : Brussels National airport

Dmax
28th Jul 2006, 12:19
Hi all,

I've a simple (but maybe not really so) question:

Which mean can I use to go from the Terminal (arrival I think) to the Sabena Flight Academy? Excluding taxi and rented car. Is there a bus that goes in that direction from the terminal?

Thanks
DAvide

Charlie Roy
28th Jul 2006, 12:43
The academy is practically on the airport grounds itself. Technically it is in the commune (gemeente in Dutch) of STEENOKKERZEEL.

To find out which buses serve this commune go to http://www.delijn.be/infopdf/#oplijn and in the first gemeente box type "STEENOKKERZEEL" then press zoeken.

For example taking bus 272 direction Haacht from the airport to Steenokkerzeel Station may be enough. However I would telephone the academy to ask. You can then use the link above to download the relevant bus timetable.

Dmax
29th Jul 2006, 12:23
Ok, I did that but, bus 272, I see Brussels, not Brussels airport. Does this mean Brussels city?

How far is SFA from the bus stop of that course in STEENOKKERZEEL?

Thanks for the help.

Cheers

Davide

Charlie Roy
29th Jul 2006, 14:13
Hi Davide,

Bus 272 goes from Brussel Nord (Brussels North train station in Brussels City) to Haacht Kerk (the church in the centre of Haacht village).

While travelling from Brussel Nord to Haacht Kerk, one of the stops is Diegem Berkenlaan where your Etap hotel is.
Another stop further on is Zaventem Luchthaven (the airport!!! ya, this is not obvious if you don't speak Dutch ;) ).
And then a later stop is Steenokkerzeel Station, which I believe is the bus station in the village of Steenokkerzeel. This village borders the (back of the) airport.

Sorry, I've been in this village once before for a meeting, but I don't know where the entrance to Sabena flight academy is or how far it is from the Steenokkerzeel Station bus stop... :(

Good luck!