PDA

View Full Version : Two set of rules it seem...

A340rider
28th Jul 2006, 11:00
Hello my fan....Some thing I mention to defend you English...whys is it ok for airline like TNT,Cathay,Emirates to disrcrimate though when any airline in England do this then it not political correct..I feel sorry for you poor buggar in England...example there add below for TNT:

250 hrs on multi-engine-a/c ifr with MCC. Strong preference for pilots living in Belgium or within 150 km distance from Liege.

Very very clever worded...mean locals have preference.....

Blardy Cathy...we introduced the Cadet Pilot Programme in 1988. This meticulously designed programme, open only to Hong Kong Permanent Resident

Emirates sods....
Vacancies for UAE Nationals (javascript:void(0)) (for graduates or school leavers)
To view career opportunities that are available to UAE Nationals only. If you are not a UAE National you will not be eligible to apply for these positions, please

What if CTC..Easy Jet...BA...AFT Sponsor....Highland Express sponsor scheme say UK people only think you carnt do this...I see this wrong and im am a Spanish

:=

winch launch
28th Jul 2006, 11:21
probably 40% of TNT pilots are british and live in England because the former company that became TNT (Aerofoil) was British. Now TNT needs more "locals" to make sure they will live next to liege and be able to be called at anytime to replace a pilot. Basically you are almost permanently on stanby at TNT which is why they like it if you live close to the airport.
Regarding cadet programs for Emirates and Cathay, well, it works on the otherway around. If you are not European, it's almost (if not) impossible to apply for a cadet program in Europe. They usually say that you have to be from a European country.
Most of the foreign pilots in England come from an EU country, and British pilots also can work in other EU country, it's the whole point of Europe.
It' s obvious that you are trying to get people angry at eachother from this post, and this thread is probably gonna be out of control soon.
But I am a Belgium pilot, working in the Netherlands, and they don't care at all where I come from as long as I do my job properly. Employers are usually more concerned by the candidate's suitability for the position rather than the logo on the passport.

Winch

A340rider
28th Jul 2006, 11:58
Im sure most blinking pilot would move too Leige..not other side of the World..So BA say on addverts

'Strong preference for pilots living in England or within 150 km distance from LGW or LHR

To view career opportunities that are available to UK Nationals only. If you are not a UK National you will not be eligible to apply for these positions, please

Think there would be riot...

Another one me find below...BRA...nawty bleeder

Captain Direct Entry - Boeing 737E type rating, must be brazilian or have brazilian work permition. 11/Oct/05 FO Vacancies for both B737 and B767. Commercial Pilot Licence , must be Brazilian or have brazilian work permition. 17/Mar/06

Mercenary Pilot
28th Jul 2006, 12:08
:rolleyes: IB4TL

A340rider
28th Jul 2006, 12:21
"In Before The Lock."..Mercenary Pilot....maybe should not be yet..but maybe youre are right...may be too taboo