PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Qualifications - Exams?

mazzy1026
28th Jul 2006, 10:54
Morning gents/ladies....

I am doing the MCAD in Web application development using C#, ASP and SQL etc before the end of the year.

I was offered the chance to do the exams also and was just wondering what they are like? Anyone done them that can offer any advice?

Thanking you,

Maz :ok:

planecrazy.eu
28th Jul 2006, 21:32
Hey, i have took two, i changed my mind with my carear hence the reason only two. There are so many mock-papers you can get to practice with, they are hard at first but once you have revised, took the mocks and took an educated guess at some of the answers, they really aint that bad. I didnt really care all that much, i paid £99 per exam and the books and papers i either downloaded free, was given them or used free websites and even attended the local MS fair and picked up some great info. I did SQL 2000 and SERVER 2000, i was then going to do? Alot of them now are .NET tests i think, and ASP is very similar to VB, So that gets two out of the way nice and easy, SQL 2000 Was more about logic and was pretty easy if you can work things out in a logical way. I think its Server 2003 or even 20005 Now, but i doubt its changed much. Exam Cram books i found to be the best. I got given them.

On the MS Site there are some sample questions that are timed, etc, i dont know the url, but i think they was on MSDN? Sorry cant remember.